SWOH D1 Thread

Referees were terrible. The one thought the game was about him. Calling stupid fouls both ways. Unless a coach does something absolutely crazy, you don’t call a tech to change the outcome of a tournament game.
He did something crazy! He ran onto the court!

Referees were terrible. The one thought the game was about him. Calling stupid fouls both ways. Unless a coach does something absolutely crazy, you don’t call a tech to change the outcome of a tournament game.
Disagree…Burton was riding the officials all game! Constantly outside the coaches box on the playing floor.. would love to see if he takes ownership for this loss.. I doubt it, he’s too arrogant for that.

Ohhhhhh Mr. Miles Burton was cocky as hell all season long bragging about his Goshen Warriors. The young buck has a lot to learn. Cost his team at the end! Out coached by Mr. Scott Kerr and Steve Wolfe! Congrats LM:)
Out coached?? 🤣 Did Little Miami really storm the court and parade like they won a state tournament? What a clown show of coaches and program.

Did not run on the court. He took a step out onto the floor and asked a question. Kerr was able to ask and go anywhere all night.
The official walked away after talking to him and then he followed the official and still yelled at him. That’s about as clear as a technical gets. As a coach, you can’t even risk that. Worry about your team.

Out coached?? 🤣 Did Little Miami really storm the court and parade like they won a state tournament? What a clown show of coaches and program.
I mean, I believe that was in fact Little Miami’s first D1 tourney win in school history.

Hard fought game for both squads. Refs weren't the best but i think they called it poorly both ways.

Kudos to LM on the win. Would be a great game to see in the regular season.

I don't think he shouldve gotten a T (too close to the end, big/tight game) but probably doesn't happen if he had been a little calmer throughout the night.

Ohhhhhh Mr. Miles Burton was cocky as hell all season long bragging about his Goshen Warriors. The young buck has a lot to learn. Cost his team at the end! Out coached by Mr. Scott Kerr and Steve Wolfe! Congrats LM:)
I said the same thing after leaving the game. Kerr took the young buck to school tonight. Hope Burton stays off social media in the future.

Burton looked like the clown. Kerr is all class and well respected in the coaching circles. He took young Miles to school tonight.

Burton looked like the clown. Kerr is all class and well respected in the coaching circles. He took young Miles to school tonight.
If Jones doesn't pick up his 4th foul early in the 3rd and the extremely questionable flopping tech isn't called, the final is probably what it should've been... a double digit LM win.

If Jones doesn't pick up his 4th foul early in the 3rd and the extremely questionable flopping tech isn't called, the final is probably what it should've been... a double digit LM win.
If Goshen scores more than 10 in the first half, they win in regulation.

If the officials were better, Moore doesn’t foul out in the 4th. (I think the refs were just bad, I don’t think either team was crushed or greatly benefitted).

Lots of “Ifs”. Would probably be a split series if they played multiple games. Hope it becomes a regular game for boys and girls.

How was he "out coached?" Give me some examples lol. I watched the game and did not see the "coaching" you are talking about. LM blew a 17 point lead in the 3rd quarter. How is that "out coaching" someone?? Seems like the opposite. I guess I need to temper my expectations on this board though.

How was he "out coached?" Give me some examples lol. I watched the game and did not see the "coaching" you are talking about. LM blew a 17 point lead in the 3rd quarter. How is that "out coaching" someone?? Seems like the opposite. I guess I need to temper my expectations on this board though.
Goshen was the #4 Seed with all the hype around them. LM hasn't been anything in recent years and look what Kerr did with them in his first season. Burton has been gifted talent in his first two HC coaching stops. Needs to learn how to coach when he doesn't have TALENT! Don't be surprised if the whole Goshen team is still practicing tonight at Jerry Settelmayer's barn. That's a topic for a different day :stirthepot:

Let me start by saying I am from neither Goshen or Little Miami , just someone who watched the game. I do think the game was poorly officiated both ways. There are lots of comments about Goshen being outcoached which I dont raelly get . He definitely should not have been on the floor for the T but I also believe the only thing that ended up changing is location of ball being in bound. Goshen IMO just wasnt really ready for the LM defense they saw in first half and was extremely cold. Obviously Ziener adjusted and carried them the second half. The only question I have to everyone claiming Kerr outcoached him is why did LM quit giving the ball to the big man the entire second half ? He was clearly the best player on the floor in the first half . Goshen plays no player taller than probably 6 ft and he was doing whatever he wanted . LM leading scorer was out almost entire second half and the big guy never gets the ball. If we are going criticize Goshen coach for his mistakes lets also call out the LM coach for blowing a 17 point second half lead when he had the answer right in front of him. Also I do agree with the celebration being a little excessive for beating Goshen in a first round game.

Goshen was the #4 Seed with all the hype around them. LM hasn't been anything in recent years and look what Kerr did with them in his first season. Burton has been gifted talent in his first two HC coaching stops. Needs to learn how to coach when he doesn't have TALENT! Don't be surprised if the whole Goshen team is still practicing tonight at Jerry Settelmayer's barn. That's a topic for a different day :stirthepot:
#4 seed because the new rankings system is obviously flawed. The hype in the SBAAC is not the same come tourney time in Division 1, hence the new division changes. Little Miami was the bigger and better team overall. Goshen had the best player in the game, but that was it. I was talking strictly about coaching moves during the game. Kerr was on refs and wanted attention the whole time and then celebrated on the court like they beat Moeller. They blew a 17 point lead and completely went away from their big kid. He was killing Goshen, because of their lack of size. Also, if you want to bring up using someones place to "practice" more. Take a look at all the GCL schools and their non following of the rules year round.

#4 seed because the new rankings system is obviously flawed. The hype in the SBAAC is not the same come tourney time in Division 1, hence the new division changes. Little Miami was the bigger and better team overall. Goshen had the best player in the game, but that was it. I was talking strictly about coaching moves during the game. Kerr was on refs and wanted attention the whole time and then celebrated on the court like they beat Moeller. They blew a 17 point lead and completely went away from their big kid. He was killing Goshen, because of their lack of size. Also, if you want to bring up using someones place to "practice" more. Take a look at all the GCL schools and their non following of the rules year round.
Curious. Please share more information on what you know or think to be true? Specific teams.

If you ever attended or watch a Little Miami game you would realize they do this after every game both football and basketball. It's call team spirit and school support. It is in no way derogatory to the opposing team. Win or lose they gather (not storm) on the court and sing their school song together. What is wrong with that I wish more schools had that much engagement from their student body. Bad officiating on both sides but coaching and preparation was the difference. Goshen likes to get out and run. Little Miami slowed down the pace and played defense in the first half. If Jones did not get it to foul trouble LM win by double digits. You could definitely tell the difference in the game when Jones was in and out. He tied the game with 30 second left with an and 1 drive plus making the free throw. Both teams played hard and gave all they had. Great game!!

Seriously? Are you going to take over another thread with you head exploding about the GCL?
PR is the most passive aggressive poster here. He throws out questions he already knows the answers to, but then denies the truth if it looks bad on Elder. He is the ultimate homer. He looks at everything through an Elder bias. He is exactly the type of Elder poster I am talking about where he whines and complains that everyone is anti-Elder, but then in the same breath denies the reality of their decisions that have put him in that place.

He cannot look at any debate without those purple colored inferiority lenses.

If you ever attended or watch a Little Miami game you would realize they do this after every game both football and basketball. It's call team spirit and school support. It is in no way derogatory to the opposing team. Win or lose they gather (not storm) on the court and sing their school song together. What is wrong with that I wish more schools had that much engagement from their student body. Bad officiating on both sides but coaching and preparation was the difference. Goshen likes to get out and run. Little Miami slowed down the pace and played defense in the first half. If Jones did not get it to foul trouble LM win by double digits. You could definitely tell the difference in the game when Jones was in and out. He tied the game with 30 second left with an and 1 drive plus making the free throw. Both teams played hard and gave all they had. Great game!!
On the court? That seems like too much to me. At least go over to the student section and do it. Jones being out definitely helped Goshen, but why have him in with 3 up double digits with 3 fouls, knowing how much he means to the team? The foul on Jones at the end was a soft, give away call by the ref. That younger ref wanted attention the whole game from the beginning. It was ridiculous. I just don't see the bashing toward Goshen coaching. Not like they were talented or bigger in size. Lets reward a coach for being a coach for a long time and make up good stuff about what he did.

Anyone have the LM v Goshen box score? Both ECC and SBAAC sites do not even show the score.
The quarter-by-quarter score is in my post from yesterday:

GOS 02 08 26 10 08 54
LITM 12 15 09 10 09 55

Can't tell you much about the individual players, though I know Sellers finished with 20 and Jones had like 10 or 11 for LM.

PR is the most passive aggressive poster here. He throws out questions he already knows the answers to, but then denies the truth if it looks bad on Elder. He is the ultimate homer. He looks at everything through an Elder bias. He is exactly the type of Elder poster I am talking about where he whines and complains that everyone is anti-Elder, but then in the same breath denies the reality of their decisions that have put him in that place.

He cannot look at any debate without those purple colored inferiority lenses.
Do your company offer behavioral health benefits? Your obsession is troubling…

Do your company offer behavioral health benefits? Your obsession is troubling…
I work for myself. Why is everyone so concerned with my mental health? Seriously, just mute me. It's not that complicated.

I will continue to call out the people that try to spin a narrative that's not true, while also telling me I'm lying and making things up. I don't care if you don't believe me. That's pretty obvious. But I don't make things up.

Here's what's also 100% true - the more I'm attacked, the more I'm correct.

@PURPLE REIGN is a shill with an agenda. He just said the other day in the Elder forum "I heard through the grapevine that Elder is raising tuition" - I would bet a million dollars he either has a kid there or will have a kid there next year and literally got the email directly from Elder telling him what tuition was going to be for next year.

Yet he acts like he doesn't know to stir it up. He's a shill - 100%. He's the worst of their breed who constantly complain about cheating and how everyone is after Elder. He's part of the old guard that keeps outsiders from looking into Elder, wants zero change, and wants nothing more to be back in the 80s or 90s so he can re-live high school again.

Last edited:
On the court? That seems like too much to me. At least go over to the student section and do it. Jones being out definitely helped Goshen, but why have him in with 3 up double digits with 3 fouls, knowing how much he means to the team? The foul on Jones at the end was a soft, give away call by the ref. That younger ref wanted attention the whole game from the beginning. It was ridiculous. I just don't see the bashing toward Goshen coaching. Not like they were talented or bigger in size. Lets reward a coach for being a coach for a long time and make up good stuff about what he did.
I agree about the younger ref. The bashing of the Goshen coach stems from a tweet he had early in the season saying Goshen was going to " make noise in D1 this year" and everyone else better watch out for them. Kerr has lead LM to their best record in almost 30 years and a 2nd place finish in the ECC. Goshen would be lucky to go .500 in the ECC. As someone stated Burton walked into an easier situation than Kerr. The SBAAC is a joke league. Goshen needs to get out asap.

Friday live scoreboard
Sycamore 15, Mason 12 - 5:23 2Q

SYC 13 00 00 00 13
MAS 12 00 00 00 12

Fairfield 13, Harrison 6 - end 1Q

FAIR 13 00 00 00 13
HAR 06 00 00 00 06

Northwest 19, Middletown 15 - 5:57 2Q

MID 15 00 00 00 15
NW 14 00 00 00 14

Wayne vs. Troy - tips 6:45

WYN 00 00 00 00 00
TROY 00 00 00 00 00

Loveland vs. Milford - tips 7:30

LOV 00 00 00 00 00
MIL 00 00 00 00 00

Lakota East vs. La Salle - tips 7:30

LKE 00 00 00 00 00
LAS 00 00 00 00 00

Western Hills vs. Kings - tips 7:30

WES 00 00 00 00 00
KIN 00 00 00 00 00

Belmont vs. Fairborn - tips 8:30

BEL 00 00 00 00 00
FAI 00 00 00 00 00

Northmont 54, West Carrollton 36 - final

NOR 10 15 15 14 54
WCT 07 07 08 14 36
Know if the western hills kings game will be streamed?