Marion Pleasant
Waynedale
Perry (Lake County)
Delta
Monroeville
Miami East
Versailles

How the teams got here:
-Perry blew out Rootstown in a total stunner, 57-19 final score. The Rovers were last year's runner-up.
-Monroeville beat Archbold 37-33 in a tight dual meet. The Eagles won 8/14 weight classes against last year's champions.
-Due to lack of lineup coverage - Milan Edison and Legacy Christian, the teams that have taken the trophies in Division III at the last three individual tournaments, did not enter the dual regionals

What might the seeding look like (my opinion):
-Marion Pleasant is the clear eight seed out of this lot of teams
-I think Delta, Waynedale, and Barnesville will be the top three seeds in some order

Qualifying teams:
Barnesville
Marion Pleasant
Waynedale
Perry (Lake County)
Delta
Monroeville
Miami East
Versailles

How the teams got here:
-Perry blew out Rootstown in a total stunner, 57-19 final score. The Rovers were last year's runner-up.
-Monroeville beat Archbold 37-33 in a tight dual meet. The Eagles won 8/14 weight classes against last year's champions.
-Due to lack of lineup coverage - Milan Edison and Legacy Christian, the teams that have taken the trophies in Division III at the last three individual tournaments, did not enter the dual regionals

What might the seeding look like (my opinion):
-Marion Pleasant is the clear eight seed out of this lot of teams
-I think Delta, Waynedale, and Barnesville will be the top three seeds in some order
What are the seeding criteria for next weekend?

Milan Edison was not in the state duals this year because they did not qualify based on underclassmen points. Had they qualified they would have been tough to beat for all D3 teams. They have holes in the lineup this year which would have made it hard to win but they have high level kids up and down the lineup that score bonus points in almost every dual. They recently beat Monroeville 43-33 at the D3 duals but lost to Archbold in the finals 39-35. Regardless this was not a year where they probably could have won the whole thing but they would have gladly wrestled had they been invited. The qualifying process needs to be looked at because if the goal is truly to find the best team then we can't base that on prior year results. Variables such as incoming freshmen, transfers, and injuries are not taken into consideration with the current qualifying process.

Milan Edison was not in the state duals this year because they did not qualify based on underclassmen points. Had they qualified they would have been tough to beat for all D3 teams. They have holes in the lineup this year which would have made it hard to win but they have high level kids up and down the lineup that score bonus points in almost every dual. They recently beat Monroeville 43-33 at the D3 duals but lost to Archbold in the finals 39-35. Regardless this was not a year where they probably could have won the whole thing but they would have gladly wrestled had they been invited. The qualifying process needs to be looked at because if the goal is truly to find the best team then we can't base that on prior year results. Variables such as incoming freshmen, transfers, and injuries are not taken into consideration with the current qualifying process.
Also agree totally with this. Milan has a really good team and still needs to be involved. Bucksman made mention that MP is “clearly” the eighth seed. I’m no expert in this field by any stretch of the imagination but we are close to the team and know they have been riddled with about every known negative factor, keeping their studs and solid wrestlers off the mats. However, they are almost back to full strength which is indicated by the Regional results. Nonetheless, this Saturday will be electrifying to watch several key matchups.

I have Barnesville over Delta 35-32 to take home the D3 title.

I can see bonus points from the Waynedale lightweights being a “wash” vs the bonus points from Barnesville middleweights leaving it up to the upper weights where I think slightly favors Waynedale. Cliche’ but which team gives up less bonus points. Waynedale in a squeaker of a final over Barnesville.

Delta/Waynedale from Thunderbird Invite -> the team that had a wrestler advance further
106: Waynedale dec. 4-0 (1st place match)
113: Delta pin 0:58 (1st place match)
120: Waynedale
126: Waynedale
132: Waynedale
138: Waynedale
144: Delta
150: neither placed - Delta advanced further
157: Waynedale dec. 10-5 (1st place match)
165: Delta pin 1:40 (consi quarter)
175: Delta dec 3-2 (champ round of 16)
190: Delta
215: Delta
285: Delta

If one was to extract the results from Thunderbird, that semifinal could be a 7/7 dual

Meanwhile in Pennsylvania.... 🙄

FB_IMG_1707393187815.jpg

Delta/Waynedale from Thunderbird Invite -> the team that had a wrestler advance further
106: Waynedale dec. 4-0 (1st place match)
113: Delta pin 0:58 (1st place match)
120: Waynedale
126: Waynedale
132: Waynedale
138: Waynedale
144: Delta
150: neither placed - Delta advanced further
157: Waynedale dec. 10-5 (1st place match)
165: Delta pin 1:40 (consi quarter)
175: Delta dec 3-2 (champ round of 16)
190: Delta
215: Delta
285: Delta

If one was to extract the results from Thunderbird, that semifinal could be a 7/7 dual
The swing factor in this match if it stays as close as it looks could be Boro #5 120 Tyler Barnes from Delta who did not wrestle at LCC.

The swing factor in this match if it stays as close as it looks could be Boro #5 120 Tyler Barnes from Delta who did not wrestle at LCC.
Projected lineups:

1707412959778.png

If Skelly wins at 120, causing a 7/7 split, it will come down to a bonus point battle.

I could see Waynedale bumping Lewis up to 150

Has this location always been 2 mats? They can't fit a 3rd? They are doing 5th and 7th with two mats? Final match will be around 6 or 7? Geez. Is this streaming at all?

For the record….the results in Baumspage is incorrect…..Barnesville is wrestling Delta in the championship! Not Versailles and Monroeville. Waynedale will wrestle Perry for 3rd. Hopefully the powers that be can remedy the situation.

Someone from a D1 school brought to my attention that a few of their school's results from Saturday are incorrect, please let me know if there any from D3.