• Fostoria

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Lake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rossford

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

underthelights

I figure it's about time to leave 2023 behind. Plus, I really wanted to move on from that '23 thread. So is the league going to be "up" or "down" this year. It doesn't look like there are going to be any major changes in the NBC this year aside from the major one at Otsego with Rutherford coming in. That should make for an interesting dynamic in the league and maybe add a little fuel to a conference rivalry. Oak Harbor is likely the favorite. Genoa has to replace their signal caller but still is a strong program. I would imagine most people are expecting Maumee to make a jump in their second year in the league which also happens to be the second year in their new system under Evan Karchner. I'm interested to see which way Eastwood is trending but expect them to compete for the title with Sam Cotterman seemingly being a quality hire last year. Lake might be a wildcard and Fostoria is going to struggle like normal. Teams are listed in the poll based on last years finish.

I figure it's about time to leave 2023 behind. Plus, I really wanted to move on from that '23 thread. So is the league going to be "up" or "down" this year. It doesn't look like there are going to be any major changes in the NBC this year aside from the major one at Otsego with Rutherford coming in. That should make for an interesting dynamic in the league and maybe add a little fuel to a conference rivalry. Oak Harbor is likely the favorite. Genoa has to replace their signal caller but still is a strong program. I would imagine most people are expecting Maumee to make a jump in their second year in the league which also happens to be the second year in their new system under Evan Karchner. I'm interested to see which way Eastwood is trending but expect them to compete for the title with Sam Cotterman seemingly being a quality hire last year. Lake might be a wildcard and Fostoria is going to struggle like normal. Teams are listed in the poll based on last years finish.
1. Oak Harbor
2. Eastwood
3/4. Maumee or Genoa
5. Lake
6. Otsego
7. Fostoria
8. Rossford

Oak Harbor has that same really talented junior class coming back for their last year. Think they are still probably the best team by a decent margin. 2-4 (Eastwood, Genoa and Maumee) I think will be a thin margin. Then I believe you have everyone else at the bottom of the league. I expect Lake to be much improved though. Just my opinion. Also glad we started a new thread.

1. Oak Harbor
2. Eastwood
3/4. Maumee or Genoa
5. Lake
6. Otsego
7. Fostoria
8. Rossford

Oak Harbor has that same really talented junior class coming back for their last year. Think they are still probably the best team by a decent margin. 2-4 (Eastwood, Genoa and Maumee) I think will be a thin margin. Then I believe you have everyone else at the bottom of the league. I expect Lake to be much improved though. Just my opinion. Also glad we started a new thread.
We shall not mention the unmentionables of that thread ever again.

I tend to agree with your list. Maybe put Lake and Otsego at the 5/6 like Maumee and Genoa. I could see it being a toss up. I’m interested to see what kind of staff comes together at Otsego. I feel like they have a lot of good coaches with ties to the school. How many are still around from those 20/21 runs?
Your Maumee/Genoa split is interesting. I think Maumee may be more athletic. I still thing Genoa is better coached, at least up front. Their oline is usually pretty impressive to watch with their steps, much like the Eastwood lines that the elder (and even the younger) Rutherford had. I’m curious to see if Genoa continues to switch between wing t formations and empty sets.

Genoa is going to take big step back. Lose most of Anyone and all best players . Lake takes big jump. Otsego lots of ??

We shall not mention the unmentionables of that thread ever again.

I tend to agree with your list. Maybe put Lake and Otsego at the 5/6 like Maumee and Genoa. I could see it being a toss up. I’m interested to see what kind of staff comes together at Otsego. I feel like they have a lot of good coaches with ties to the school. How many are still around from those 20/21 runs?
Your Maumee/Genoa split is interesting. I think Maumee may be more athletic. I still thing Genoa is better coached, at least up front. Their oline is usually pretty impressive to watch with their steps, much like the Eastwood lines that the elder (and even the younger) Rutherford had. I’m curious to see if Genoa continues to switch between wing t formations and empty sets.
Last I heard Billy Fischer is transitioning to calling the offense and is going to hire a new DC. They are going to transition to the spread. Otsego will likely be the only true Wing T team.

Craig is bringing over a former Eastwood assistant who helped at Anthony Wayne on Friday’s and then the Eastwood DL coach who went to AW in the same capacity with Craig will be following him again. It’s likely he keeps Denton Saunders as his DC (was the DC at Eastwood for Craig in his last year). Zach Walls and the Whitmer teacher will likely stay. Not sure how many others they can add. Then the former Otsego coach before Lindke is rumored to be an assistant (his son will be a freshmen). He previously coached for the middle school. It will be a similar staff.

Last edited:
Last I heard Billy Fischer is transitioning to calling the offense and is going to hire a new DC. They are going to transition to the spread. Otsego will likely be the only true Wing T team.

Craig is bringing over a former Eastwood assistant who helped at Anthony Wayne on Friday’s and then the Eastwood DL coach who went to AW in the same capacity with Craig will be following him again. It’s likely he keeps Denton Saunders as his DC (was the DC at Eastwood for Craig in his last year). Zach Walls and the Whitmer teacher will likely stay. Not sure how many others they can add. Then the former Otsego coach before Lindke is rumored to be an assistant (his son will be a freshmen). He previously coached for the middle school. It will be a similar staff.
What happen to vicars?

Last I knew, Genoa still has a lot of athletes. I know they were very senior heavy but I think they have some guys to step in.

Their current FR/SOPH classes are very good. Spencer and Lindenberger are back as their all league guys. I can see the Mollenhauer kid playing QB next year.

Any thoughts on the NBC possibly expanding. Can’t help but wonder, considering recent moves and talk with the 3 NWOAL schools, and Liberty Benton’s situation.
Competition based:
Delta
Evergreen
Fostoria
Lake
Ottawa Hills
Rossford
Swanton

Eastwood
Genoa
LB
Maumee
Oak Harbor
Otsego
Port Clinton

Delta
Maumee
Swanton
Otsego
Ottawa Hills
Rossford

Eastwood
Genoa
Fostoria
Lake
LB
PC
Oak Harbor

Any thoughts on the NBC possibly expanding. Can’t help but wonder, considering recent moves and talk with the 3 NWOAL schools, and Liberty Benton’s situation.
Competition based:
Delta
Evergreen
Fostoria
Lake
Ottawa Hills
Rossford
Swanton

Eastwood
Genoa
LB
Maumee
Oak Harbor
Otsego
Port Clinton

Delta
Maumee
Swanton
Otsego
Ottawa Hills
Rossford

Eastwood
Genoa
Fostoria
Lake
LB
PC
Oak Harbor

Interesting post.

Evergreen, Delta and Swanton had a chance a few years ago to leave the NWOAL. They won’t be leaving anytime soon.

Ottawa Hills doesn’t fit the NBC and that community would rather be independent than join the NBC.

Port Clinton and Liberty Benton seem like the only two real possibilities. Port Clinton already has a rivalry with Oak Harbor.

Competition based:
Delta
Evergreen
Fostoria
Lake
Ottawa Hills
Rossford
Swanton

Eastwood
Genoa
LB
Maumee
Oak Harbor
Otsego
Port Clinton

Delta
Maumee
Swanton
Otsego
Ottawa Hills
Rossford

Eastwood
Genoa
Fostoria
Lake
LB
PC
Oak Harbor

Am I the only person that doesn't like the super conference idea? I feel like there is always too much change and someone is always unhappy with how things are set up. I understand that it does help with scheduling, but the idea of a big and small school division doesn't really appeal to me. Sure, it can help you with the "non league" schedule, but depending on how you set that up, do you really want to force your bottom feeders to play the bigger, often better schools when they could be scheduling competitive games?

Am I the only person that doesn't like the super conference idea? I feel like there is always too much change and someone is always unhappy with how things are set up. I understand that it does help with scheduling, but the idea of a big and small school division doesn't really appeal to me. Sure, it can help you with the "non league" schedule, but depending on how you set that up, do you really want to force your bottom feeders to play the bigger, often better schools when they could be scheduling competitive games?
I agree. It sure hasn't helped the SBC, their having all kinds on issues. If the SBC River could find one local D6 or D7 team and get rid of Willard I think they would split off.

I love the NBC the way it is. I actually preferred it with Elmwood and Woodmore (overall, I thought each school competed very well in the NBC, including winning recent league championships). 8-10 like-sized schools, within reasonable geographic proximity. NBC is hitting the mark. Leave it alone.

I love the NBC the way it is. I actually preferred it with Elmwood and Woodmore (overall, I thought each school competed very well in the NBC, including winning recent league championships). 8-10 like-sized schools, within reasonable geographic proximity. NBC is hitting the mark. Leave it alone.
I don’t know much outside of football and basketball. But didn’t Woodmore struggle to compete in the NBC? Elmwood had 1-2 good years in football? I thought those two programs were consistently bottom feeders in the league. Am I wrong?