Moeller AD

Wouldn’t LaSalle tell you the same thing that their leadership scholarships were also based on need and those that needed assistance?

Is there really a difference?

Full disclosure I really don’t care if assistance is given to athletes. In a lot of cases, athletics keeps a lot of these kids engaged in positive things. Is that so bad as opposed to giving it to kids who only get good grades?

Wouldn’t LaSalle tell you the same thing that their leadership scholarships were also based on need and those that needed assistance?

Is there really a difference?

Full disclosure I really don’t care if assistance is given to athletes. In a lot of cases, athletics keeps a lot of these kids engaged in positive things. Is that so bad as opposed to giving it to kids who only get good grades?

I think more private schools than people think find ways to get tuition money for athletes... usually through alumni who will cover tuition.

Wrong, Moeller does not give out "Leadership Scholarships". That would be LaSalle. Moeller provides aid based financial assistance thru Endowment. Nice try however.
Well, I know kids (that had no financial need) offered “leadership” scholarships. I have no idea the source of that money, but it happens.

I can tell you Moeller does not give full tuition aid to anyone. It is called "aid for a reason. So no matter who is getting "aid" still has top come up with a lot of money to fill the gap to $14,300. Another uneducated poster when it comes to the facts related to Moeller's student enrollment.
Wrong.

Watch Hoop Dreams again (or if you've never seen it , watch it). One of the two kids, William Gates I believe, had his tuition paid in full by a local donor in Chicago with zero alumni ties to the school.

Let's forget recruiting and scholarships! Why is it the AD is the scapegoat when the principal/coach of the basketball team knew of the arrest of one of it's staff? Who failed to report and take action? Was Asbeck wrong not to to what??? What does the Archdiocese have to say? I don't think you can work in the school with a conviction of violence, right?

I can tell you Moeller does not give full tuition aid to anyone. It is called "aid for a reason. So no matter who is getting "aid" still has top come up with a lot of money to fill the gap to $14,300. Another uneducated poster when it comes to the facts related to Moeller's student enrollment.
This was my experience with Moeller. The tuition was 12K, they came up with 2k and I could not justify a1k a month (with a couple months off to save) tuition payment when I had two daughters going to school and having to borrow money. So he open enrolled at Lakota West. A young man on my street is a very, very large eighth grader who Moeller has actively marketed too. His father could not afford even half the the current tuition. So it isn't what everybody thinks. 14.2K a year is a lot of money.

Wrong, Moeller does not give out "Leadership Scholarships". That would be LaSalle. Moeller provides aid based financial assistance thru Endowment. Nice try however.

Moeller hands out money to athletes to entice them to go there, fact. They also offer more money to athletes who dont need it to entice them to go there, fact. Dirtiest program in the state. Flat out crooked.

Let’s all admit that many schools have wealthy alums willing to cover tuition for talented students. It’s not money from the school, but it is money to the school for the athletes tuitio!
I am sure this is true at times. The questions are
1. Is it immoral. For helping a kid go to school? I don't think so.
2. Is it against the rules? I do not know the rules that well.
3. Should it be against the rules? I think if they are covering tuition only, then no. If they are paying more, then yes.
4. Should the school be held liable? Again, if they are just covering tuition, I do not think so. Most kids get to go to school for basically free. I know there can be fees.
5. If you had a student, would you send him there? I would consider sending my son somewhere else. If he is competing with normal students, that is fine. I am not sure I would have him compete against ringers.
6. If you were an alumni, would it affect how much support you provided the school? Maybe. I would not want to support a bunch if ringers. On the other hand, if I was sure this did not affect financial aid given to normal students, maybe.

Moeller hands out money to athletes to entice them to go there, fact. They also offer more money to athletes who dont need it to entice them to go there, fact. Dirtiest program in the state. Flat out crooked.
You are one bitter man Jeff Wuerth. Whatever Moeller did to you you need to let it go...life is too short.

I don't know. Some organization called the OHSAA that tries to keep things fair? Because public schools can't recruit, unless within their open enrollment zones if they should have one, which most don't. Other than that I can't come up with a single reason why private schools can't recruit and pay players and employ parents for no-work jobs. Not saying they do the pay thing, but your logic opens it up.
I am a youth coach and see very talented kids come through a lot of different programs. The above comments are down right comical.

I think more private schools than people think find ways to get tuition money for athletes... usually through alumni who will cover tuition.
Wow hard to fight hardcore facts like this! I think, people think, usually!!! You obviously dominated law school!! ?

Let's just say that Moeller is really lucky that the OHSAA doesn't have the resources to actually have schools investigated.
Three things in life you can count on: Death, taxes and Jwuerth annually crawling out from under his rock to shed his snake-skin. I am sure you will go through the whole story of how Sam Martin was so mistreated. Blah, Blah, Blah!