Moeller AD

UCArch

Wouldn’t LaSalle tell you the same thing that their leadership scholarships were also based on need and those that needed assistance?

Is there really a difference?

Full disclosure I really don’t care if assistance is given to athletes. In a lot of cases, athletics keeps a lot of these kids engaged in positive things. Is that so bad as opposed to giving it to kids who only get good grades?

cincyhoops

Wouldn’t LaSalle tell you the same thing that their leadership scholarships were also based on need and those that needed assistance?

Is there really a difference?

Full disclosure I really don’t care if assistance is given to athletes. In a lot of cases, athletics keeps a lot of these kids engaged in positive things. Is that so bad as opposed to giving it to kids who only get good grades?
I think more private schools than people think find ways to get tuition money for athletes... usually through alumni who will cover tuition.

scbuckeye99

Watch Hoop Dreams again (or if you've never seen it , watch it). One of the two kids, William Gates I believe, had his tuition paid in full by a local donor in Chicago with zero alumni ties to the school.

tune89

Let's forget recruiting and scholarships! Why is it the AD is the scapegoat when the principal/coach of the basketball team knew of the arrest of one of it's staff? Who failed to report and take action? Was Asbeck wrong not to to what??? What does the Archdiocese have to say? I don't think you can work in the school with a conviction of violence, right?

BASESWIMPARENT

I can tell you Moeller does not give full tuition aid to anyone. It is called "aid for a reason. So no matter who is getting "aid" still has top come up with a lot of money to fill the gap to $14,300. Another uneducated poster when it comes to the facts related to Moeller's student enrollment.
This was my experience with Moeller. The tuition was 12K, they came up with 2k and I could not justify a1k a month (with a couple months off to save) tuition payment when I had two daughters going to school and having to borrow money. So he open enrolled at Lakota West. A young man on my street is a very, very large eighth grader who Moeller has actively marketed too. His father could not afford even half the the current tuition. So it isn't what everybody thinks. 14.2K a year is a lot of money.