Waverly (8-0) @ Clinton Massie (8-0)

I think what is really frustrating, along with only getting 90 tickets, is CM told the Waverly live stream and radio crews they didn’t have room for them in the booth to broadcast. Now I understand the live stream, CM will be having a stream and it is free so everyone is able to watch and easily access. No problem there. But no radio?? That’s pretty crazy IMO. People in Waverly can’t pickup CMs radio station, so I guess if you don’t have internet access (which unfortunately isn’t uncommon in many parts of Pike County) you aren’t going to be able to listen to a Regional Semifinal game.
A friend does facility coordination at a school in NE Ohio. There team hardly ever makes playoffs and this year had to host a (Covid) playoff game. He said the state basically leaves EVERYTHING up to the hosting school. As long as they're broadcasting in some way, that's fine. If home team does not have ability to broadcast then they're asked to allow visitors to broadcast.

As for the tickets, everyone could have predicted this conversation when the OHSAA released their plan. Consider yourselves lucky to only have a 90 minute drive for an away game. Last week Loudonville drove 3.5 HOURS to Coal Grove for a game. Needless to say, they didn't have a ticket problem . . .

I think what is really frustrating, along with only getting 90 tickets, is CM told the Waverly live stream and radio crews they didn’t have room for them in the booth to broadcast. Now I understand the live stream, CM will be having a stream and it is free so everyone is able to watch and easily access. No problem there. But no radio?? That’s pretty crazy IMO. People in Waverly can’t pickup CMs radio station, so I guess if you don’t have internet access (which unfortunately isn’t uncommon in many parts of Pike County) you aren’t going to be able to listen to a Regional Semifinal game.
Both Massie and Wilmington pulled that junk during the regular season. They locked out both walhradio.com who is based in Wilmington and has covered them for a few years, as well as WKFI which is run out of Xenia but was going to broadcast some of the local games this year. Must have been a back room deal made with the video stream people.

Massie is a school that has financial trouble. I can remember several levy attempts in the past few years. Building more bleachers or a bigger press box is not a high priority when your district is on a very tight budget. Would you want to be the one to tell teachers they are laid off because we need to build a bigger press box for opposing teams to broadcast a football game?

The 60 ppg is by pounding the rock! The boys are by no means fancy. They just execute. Depending on the outcome Saturday night, it would be interesting for a Valley View rematch.

Rematch would definitely be interesting. Valley View handed the tigers playoff losses back to back in '16 and '17.

Massie is a school that has financial trouble. I can remember several levy attempts in the past few years. Building more bleachers or a bigger press box is not a high priority when your district is on a very tight budget. Would you want to be the one to tell teachers they are laid off because we need to build a bigger press box for opposing teams to broadcast a football game?

Waverly is in one of the most impoverished counties in the state. Don't even have to same history of dominance at CM, but have far better facilities. Sounds like they need to figure something out

There was no complaining at all LOL... just stated a few facts? LMAO
Get your facts straight before commenting. The Massie program has done more with less for over a decade. No doubt Waverly has problems as a community regarding income and poverty. But don't assume others don't face the same issues.

There was no complaining at all LOL... just stated a few facts? LMAO
No not really...I can live with opinions, but comments like "something they'd do and doesn't shock me" or "sounds like they need to figure it out" are jabs at the CM program and community but you already know that.

You started this thread about the game so lets stick with that.
I'll start, I personally feel Waverly has a good chance of being in this game and maybe even a upset. Will come down to turnovers and penalties. I know a couple boys on Waverly and they are both very, very, good football players. They have several seniors that have been here before, and are the real deal this year. The film i've seen the QB can sling it around to several big targets and the defense is bend don't break. Waverly is dangerous, and i 100% understand why CM won't give up home field advantage. This is playoff football at this point, win or hit the mats, or courts. No big secret what CM is gonna do, stop or slow the run down and you have a shot. I personally have crappy internet service so i go out to a local establishment with good internet and watch the live stream on campus nation. Depends on how bad you wanna watch it i guess, i attend all games in non-covid times but it is what it. This is gonna be a good one, lets hope for no injuries to either side.

Stadium situation is unfortunate. CM knew they would have the home field for awhile now, so the concern would’ve been addressed weeks ago. I don’t know where the injuries stand with CM, but I hear they’ve lost a lot. If Waverly can give the QB time, they‘ll give CM a tough game. Likely will only have a possession, if you’re lucky two, where CM doesn’t score.

CM- 56
Waverly- 42

Last edited:
I think Massie should prevail in this one. Defense for CM must eliminate the BIG PLAY! If they can keep everything in front of them and make Waverly work for it in chunks I like there chances! Offensively there is no secret to what CM is going to do. If you can stop it you have a shot to win! I know nothing about Waverly and it looks like they're having a great season! I do know CM and they are a fine oiled machine from high school all the way down to 2nd grade lol! Phenomenal coaching staff from Top to Bottom and kids that just run through a brick wall for ya. This game has the potential to be a campus nation classic rewind!

I’m pretty sure Massie has no say in ticket sales at this point. From what I understand the OHSAA says how many total people can attend the game. Then they give the home and away teams their codes to purchase tickets. I would love for the stadium to be full and many people be able to attend. Unfortunately this is left up to the OHSAA

Where there's a will, there's a way. I mean it's not that hard to let someone in if they want to let them in. If I know Massie people, they aren't the ones holding Biden/Harris signs and wearing masks all over. They love their football.

Don’t be silly. People have been getting crap tickets all year in every district. Massie is the #1 seed that’s how the rules worked out this year. Massie stadium on a regular friday night is packed to the absolute max. Hurts both sides and isn’t their fault.

Phenomenal game played by both sides was almost what we thought outside of a track meet on the score board. My tigers played hard. That last pitch play on the final drive to help set up the field goal was what did us in. Other than that hats off to Massie good luck the rest of the way

Hats off to Waverly. Your offense is very good. Great QB and some really nice receivers. I liked their program and it would be nice to get Waverly and Massie scheduled for some future Out of conference games
in the regular season.

Wasn’t real impressed with how many of your fans whined and cried about the ticket situation and trying to get Massie to change the venue. Any Waverly fan with any respect would be embarrassed to see some of the disrespectful and whiny letters and emails and social media rants. It lacked class.

Anyways....don’t be too hard on your defense...they aren’t bad......they just ran into a meat grinder of an offensive line.

Never underestimate the Massie Meat Grinder Ground and Pound Football.

Does CM not have any fan base? Pretty embarrassing little stadium for a D4 school

Great game Waverly, nothing to hang your heads about. That game could of easily went either way. CM needs to clean it up. Biggest being a turn over at a critical time. AND YOUR PUNT PROTECTION SUCKS!!!! ITS GONNA BITE US IN THE BUTT SOON!!

Last edited:
Hats off to Waverly. Your offense is very good. Great QB and some really nice receivers. I liked their program and it would be nice to get Waverly and Massie scheduled for some future Out of conference games
in the regular season.

Wasn’t real impressed with how many of your fans whined and cried about the ticket situation and trying to get Massie to change the venue. Any Waverly fan with any respect would be embarrassed to see some of the disrespectful and whiny letters and emails and social media rants. It lacked class.

Anyways....don’t be too hard on your defense...they aren’t bad......they just ran into a meat grinder of an offensive line.

Never underestimate the Massie Meat Grinder Ground and Pound Football.

our program has came a long way since the 2010s when it was a dumpster fire losing season aafter losing season. Coach crabtree has done a spectacular job now making it 5 straighy playoff trips including an outright conference championship for the first time since ‘06. Will be interesting to see how we fair next year considering almost the entire line will graduate including the best qbto come through Waverly and many others at our skill posistions.
I was very upset with how our fan based cried about the ticket issue and complained on and on, I thought we were better. It took me up until last week to finally get a ticket to watch a game in person. I personally don’t see us playing each other in a series over the years but we’d have to get a custom to playing teams like you guys to get further into the playoffs. Once again hats off to the falcons and best of luck toward another state title!

Triple, you need to ease up a bit. I knew you to be a CM fan at one point. You have really been somewhat negative about this team all of a sudden. You are right, punt protection does need cleaned up.

Triple, you need to ease up a bit. I knew you to be a CM fan at one point. You have really been somewhat negative about this team all of a sudden. You are right, punt protection does need cleaned up.
Negative?? Not really , you cant say ease up then agree with me?! I'm sure i'm not the only one saying we need to clean these costly mistakes up especially when we win with a field goal with 2.8 left in the game. And I'm very impressed with this team for over coming whats been put in front of them. But we need to continually get better and learn from mistakes and fix things that we can, like protection issues. Maybe my all caps made it appear negative but man, this is like the 5th game we've, including Campus nation said "how did he not block that". A win is a win and I'll take it. Lets just get better every week. On a positive note tho this Offensive line is killing it!

Last edited:
Does CM not have any fan base? Pretty embarrassing little stadium for a D4 school
This is one of the dumbest posts in recent memory. Typically, I would nuke this kind of junk post but I'll leave this here to show what kind of poster Raider is. Congrats to both teams and good luck to CM next week.

Not only is the line killing it so is the fullback Trampler. He had quite a few blocks that opened some serious holes. This kid doesn’t get enough credit and is a TEAM player not a me player. He has the drive and the will and is under appreciated as far as I am concerned. Plays both ways at the 2 toughest positions on the field. Way to go kid. Keep it up.