2020 St. Ignatius Football

Weather for Saturday's game at First Energy looks good, if not fall-like. Weather for the Browns on Thurs. looks good also, so minimal field damage. I would think that this would favor the faster team ( Eagles).

While freshmen and JV results don't always predict future success, I am interested to see how the two programs shape up against one another.

While freshmen and JV results don't always predict future success, I am interested to see how the two programs shape up against one another.

If you're talking about how the current varsity rosters stack up against one another, I believe the freshman and JV games have been tightly contested the past few years with Ignatius coming out the victors for the most part. The current senior classes for both teams have a handful of really good players, but I believe the underclass results were pretty poor by their respective expectations. We know this St. Edward class is more junior heavy than any team in recent memory, and I believe the Cats have a number of juniors contributing this year as well.

If you were referencing how the current freshman and JV teams stack up, I don't have much information other than the Ed's gold team is undefeated so far this year with wins over Massillon, Hoban, and Mentor. JV is 2-1 against the same schedule with a loss to Massillon.

Ignatius frosh are 1-0 with a victory over Watterson on Sat 13-7. The J-V game against the Eagles will be the first of the year for them.

Thanks for everyone's input on this forum. I gather this may be revisited, but who are the juniors in this year's starting offense/defense or two deep? Asking for a friend... :)

Rumors (by Ignatius proletariates) of the Soviet Union's demise were grossly exaggerated.

Appears defense has to keep teams to 10 and under. Still scratching head over pulling Pfaff again. French has shown nothing in this one.

Defense looks above average

Not the sequence I was thinking, but result was same. Appeared was in fact not a fwd pass and correct call. Pfaff please. Dont get the change at all

They couldn't finish tonight, but look to be trending in the right direction to me, it's just too bad they don't have a typical reg season to build it. Still, no one should look forward to drawing Iggy in the playoffs.

Surprised by the final score. Cats controlled the game through 3 quarters I thought.

Had ball on 35 with 5 left or so, defensive holding then was negated by a absolutely phantom grounding call (almost at sideline when threw ball away), never moved after that on drive. Defense can't be on field all night and be expected to produce in 4th. Offense isn't even close to legitimate

They couldn't finish tonight, but look to be trending in the right direction to me, it's just too bad they don't have a typical reg season to build it. Still, no one should look forward to drawing Iggy in the playoffs.

Well, I guess they went from 0 offensive TD last week to 1 this week, so that's......something. 71 yards in the air. Seventy one

Had ball on 35 with 5 left or so, defensive holding then was negated by a absolutely phantom grounding call (almost at sideline when threw ball away), never moved after that on drive. Defense can't be on field all night and be expected to produce in 4th. Offense isn't even close to legitimate

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but does HS have the "tackle box" rule like the NFL uses? Unless the rule has changed in the past 3 years, grounding is based solely on whether or not there is an eligible receiver in the area in the NFHS rulebook. The exception would be spiking the ball immediately after the snap (IIRC, NFHS just expanded that rule to include spiking the ball from the shotgun). FWIW, I didn't watch the game, so I don't have full context here.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but does HS have the "tackle box" rule like the NFL uses? I think in NFHS, grounding is based solely on whether or not there is an eligible receiver in the area. I didn't watch the game.

I could be wrong but I swae I have seen the same play as happened tonight more times than I can count and never have seen the flag. It was odd to me, but I could.stand corrected if someone saw it differently

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but does HS have the "tackle box" rule like the NFL uses? I think in NFHS, grounding is based solely on whether or not there is an eligible receiver in the area. I didn't watch the game.

Yeah. You can not throw the ball away, and not get penalized, unless there is a eligible receiver in the area. It doesn't matter if you are outside the tackle box, no receiver it's grounding.

I was looking for where the hell that grounding call came from and didn’t get a replay to see any chance. Tough call in a pivotal time of game.

Not the sequence I was thinking, but result was same. Appeared was in fact not a fwd pass and correct call. Pfaff please. Dont get the change at all

Looking at the SIBN replay at the 02:30 mark, French is on the 15 and Lenehan touched it on the 16. Should have been an incomplete pass

1601086762347.png