Attention OHSAA, make the right call to move HSFB to April 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the middle on COVID. I am not drinking the Doom and Gloom kool-aide or all the blaming political nonsense. I do not subscribe to the lock it down mentality, but I also caution any use of YTD CDC mortality statistics as they are very incomplete. In fact without looking at YTD statistics as an example End of July 2017, 2018 and July 2019 as reported in July of the year being evaluated and then reviewing the latest 2017 - 2019 data and understanding the difference. You would need to then run models against the 2020 YTD to understand where we end may end up. You also have to factor the mortality impact associated with COVID did not really begin to ramp up until well into March so 2020 YTD will skew the situation.

You also play high school sports to keep kids out of trouble in many urban AND rural areas. Which is more of a threat? COVID and it’s 0% death rate amongst healthy teens or giving them nothing to occupy their time. Kids will find trouble.

You also play high school sports to keep kids out of trouble in many urban AND rural areas. Which is more of a threat? COVID and it’s 0% death rate amongst healthy teens or giving them nothing to occupy their time. Kids will find trouble.
Schools are not babysitters

Many could argue this with good data.
I know what the thoughts are. The fact that schools are seen this way is a problem that has been brewing for decades. Now we have an emergency with close to 200k deaths and the schools need to take care of all the kids. This will go away and it will cycle through with no one addressing the systemic problems in society.

Ok, Let's for a second say I am wrong and all of you with a different view than mine are correct. This virus is nothing. If that is the case, then our leadership is even worse and the biggest bunch of morons in the history of the world. The Republicans that are in control completely ruined the economy for absolutely nothing. Millions out of work. Kids lives ruined for no reason at all. So how do you want it? Completely botched the response for a virus and are not fit to be in office, or Completely botched the response to a non issue and are not fit to be in office? They are that stupid? All this for nothing?!

Texas and Florida seem to have perfected the response to this hoax, or real virus. Depending on your point of view.
They were wrong for shutting things down as they did, in hindsight. There was a lot they couldn't know in the beginning, but we know now. These decisions are not made in a vacuum. The Dems and the media are culpable as well. The media likely more than anyone else, as they have been driving the hysteria from day one for political reasons.

I know what the thoughts are. The fact that schools are seen this way is a problem that has been brewing for decades. Now we have an emergency with close to 200k deaths and the schools need to take care of all the kids. This will go away and it will cycle through with no one addressing the systemic problems in society.
I wasn't saying schools are seen this way. I just said some would argue the schools provide babysitting services.

How many of the 165,000 deaths are school age kids? My guess is less than 200 nation wide. Ohio has 0.

Last edited:
They were wrong for shutting things down as they did, in hindsight. There was a lot they couldn't know in the beginning, but we know now. These decisions are not made in a vacuum. The Dems and the media are culpable as well. The media likely more than anyone else, as they have been driving the hysteria from day one for political reasons.

Wrong according to you? If they couldn't know it in the beginning, how were "they" wrong?

This thing became political months in, not from the beginning.

Wrong according to you? If they couldn't know it in the beginning, how were "they" wrong?

This thing became political months in, not from the beginning.
Its a P-L-A-N-D-E-M-I-C... they knew. Do some research and look up all the vid's of conferences they all did in 2015 thru 2017 of the fake Fauci, worst president ever Oblahma and sinister greedy bastard Gates predicting all this in 2020. Remember, the ones spreading the fear have the most to gain from the cure.

I read a story today about a 7yr old in Georgia that contracted the virus and died with no underlying health issues. Nothing political about that.

The NFL players who opted out are gone, the college football season is about to go dark and the OHSAA wants to piecemeal the schedules of remaining participants with a 'make it up by the seat of your pants' tournament that is all about the money and not safety to the families, students and schools themselves. If the season is not moved to spring with an April, May, June calendar by midnight tonight, there will be lawyers lining up to play for this fall and we know how that will turn out. Helmets are worn for protection, how can you protect students and their families against what you can not see?
Move it or lose it, time for a uniform decision...
Turn out the lights OHSAA - it's a global pandemic.
Amen

My point is it hits home for me. I have four boys, ages 27-8, and all participated or are participating in sports. I have a 16yr old junior that plays football. Seeing stories like that give me pause and perspective. Ultimately I want to see my sons compete but not at the risk of their health. Sports aren't that important.

No disrespect Vette, but one kid out of how many total deaths? Kids have a greater risk of dying from many everyday occurrences. Let the kids play, I don't need the government to dictate my life or my kids. Let parents make the best decision for their kids.

I read a story about a child that committed suicide do to the isolation from the lockdown and not being in school with his friends. Nothing political about that either.

Why couldn't this specific kid walk, use his phone to communicate, ride his bike, have his parents drive, or go work a job to see other people?

Was this kid on lockdown on the Moon? What a completely moronic comment or story.

Hot Take Summa.

Why couldn't this specific kid walk, use his phone to communicate, ride his bike, have his parents drive, or go work a job to see other people?

Was this kid on lockdown on the Moon? What a completely moronic comment or story.

Hot Take Summa.

It wasn’t a moronic story for the parents of the child. Maybe you should ask them, doofus.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/dads-heartbreak-son-12-takes-22095803

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6932a1.htm?s_cid=mm6932a1_w

Countless articles have been written and studies conducted on the mental health toll lockdowns and no school or extracurriculars are having on children. Probably not reported on CNN however, so I’ll cut you some slack on your beyond “moronic“ hot take.

Last edited:

Hot Take Summa.

This is the perfect example of idiocy that exists now. A story of a 7 year old dying is tragic yes, but it is one 7 year old, written to push fear. Which worked because people are using it to justify fear. Kids are hearing, seeing, reading, constantly about how they are going to die, which they are not. How they are going to cause everyone else to die, which is statistically so miniscule it isn't even worth mentioning. Then school is taken away. Sports, if not taken away already, are constantly threatened to be taken away. Depression is at an all time high, suicide attempts and calls to the suicide hotline are up. And you ask why they can't ride a bike or get a job? I honestly didn't think you could be more of a d**che but you proved me wrong. How's that for a hot take?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone can make their own choices. I wasn't being an advocate of government control or implying that kids aren't in danger because of the unforeseen consequences of how we as a society have handled the pandemic. Simply responding to a question on my previous post.

This is the perfect example of idiocy that exists now. A story of a 7 year old dying is tragic yes, but it is one 7 year old, written to push fear. Which worked because people are using it to justify fear. Kids are hearing, seeing, reading, constantly about how they are going to die, which they are not. How they are going to cause everyone else to die, which is statistically so miniscule it isn't even worth mentioning. Then school is taken away. Sports, if not taken away already, are constantly threatened to be taken away. Depression is at an all time high, suicide attempts and calls to the suicide hotline are up. And you ask why they can't ride a bike or get a job? I honestly didn't think you could be more of a d**che but you proved me wrong. How's that for a hot take?
The point is true. Jaws the snowflake, where’s your Hillary pin ol boy?

Jaws, didn’t you know riding your bike, having your parents drive you around (whatever the hell Duq meant by that) or talking on the phone stops suicide. Really, it is that easy.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone can make their own choices. I wasn't being an advocate of government control or implying that kids aren't in danger because of the unforeseen consequences of how we as a society have handled the pandemic. Simply responding to a question on my previous post.

Agreed, but as far as children go, not being in school and in extracurricular activities poses a greater risk to those children than the coronavirus. Neither choice is risk free.

The point is true. Jaws the snowflake, where’s your Hillary pin ol boy?
Throwing around buzzwords like "snowflake" or even assuming that someone is one side of the aisle or the other is for those that swing at low hanging fruit. Here's a a tip, if you need "politics" to have an identity or understand life in general then there is very little hope.

Jaws, didn’t you know riding your bike, having your parents drive you around (whatever the hell Duq meant by that) or talking on the phone stops suicide. Really, it is that easy.
I know right? The one thing this pandemic and forums like this and social media in general have shown is that a lot if people are on the lower end of a lot of scales.

Why not just keep you and your kids at home off the field. That’s your choice why do you feel you need to dictate the decisions of others

Status
Not open for further replies.