2020 Presidential Race

The reason the polls get skewed like they have been is poll people know that there are a certain number of people that like to make sure they vote for the winner so to get that vote liberal Democrats have to be ahead in the polls.

In my old age I have come to worry about something and I really do not think there is much I can do about it. The older I have gotten ( and I like to say the wiser too) the more I have voted Republican and now the problem. I know if you are born into this world the one thing guaranteed is your are going to die. Living I have mostly voted Republican how do I make sure after I die that I do not start voting Democrat?

In my old age I have come to worry about something and I really do not think there is much I can do about it. The older I have gotten ( and I like to say the wiser too) the more I have voted Republican and now the problem. I know if you are born into this world the one thing guaranteed is your are going to die. Living I have mostly voted Republican how do I make sure after I die that I do not start voting Democrat?
Very scary how real voter fraud is

If economy stays afloat this is all moot. If it tanks pre November we will have a Dem in to clean up the mess again. :eek:
1. If you believe Obama cleaned up anything economically you don't understand the economy.
2. The things he got passed (TARP for example) were all started while Bush was still President and just got pushed through finally after Obama was in office, noot exactly Obama's idea.

A very stable genius....

“The men and women who put on a uniform don’t do it to become soldiers of fortune,” Tillerson said. “That’s not why they put on a uniform and go out and die . . . They do it to protect our freedom.”
There was silence in the Tank. Several military officers in the room were grateful to the secretary of state for defending them when no one else would. The meeting soon ended and Trump walked out, saying goodbye to a group of servicemen lining the corridor as he made his way to his motorcade waiting outside. Mattis, Tillerson, and Cohn were deflated. Standing in the hall with a small cluster of people he trusted, Tillerson finally let down his guard.

“He’s a f---ing moron,” the secretary of state said of the president.

The New York Times endorsed Warren and Klobuchar

I called the Warren endorsement, kind of a cop out to also endorse Klobuchar as the Moderate choice though. Warren checks all the boxes of what the NY Times Editorial Board and their readers wants to see in a candidate, Warren really is the definition of the liberal coastal bubble. To me the most interesting thing that came out of the column was the Boards reservations about the absolutism of the Sanders stances, they also had a lot of bad stuff to say about Bloomberg.

A very stable genius....

“The men and women who put on a uniform don’t do it to become soldiers of fortune,” Tillerson said. “That’s not why they put on a uniform and go out and die . . . They do it to protect our freedom.”
There was silence in the Tank. Several military officers in the room were grateful to the secretary of state for defending them when no one else would. The meeting soon ended and Trump walked out, saying goodbye to a group of servicemen lining the corridor as he made his way to his motorcade waiting outside. Mattis, Tillerson, and Cohn were deflated. Standing in the hall with a small cluster of people he trusted, Tillerson finally let down his guard.

“He’s a f---ing moron,” the secretary of state said of the president.

Sounds like a real page turner. Who are the authors?

Tillerson finally let down his guard and got himself fired. So now how much good is he doing his country? Can't say I have heard much about him or from him about his views lately. If he really thought his answers were right would he not have stayed in there and fought for what he thought was right. Possibly could have done more good then he is now. I think he was not as smart as he thought and the new man is do a much better job for our country.

The best line from the endorsement piece:

"Warren is a gifted storyteller."

?
Would be better if she told the truth when she told those stories. I always thought politics was suppose to be more than fiction and fairy tales.

Last edited:
The Bernie Bros are really getting beat up in the liberal media during the run up to the Iowa caucuses, even Paul Krugman is piling on: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/20/...l?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

Many "wonky" types think Warren is the right choice for the progressive wing and the Bernie backers are not happy about ceding the high ground to the less mad candidate. If this thing goes sideways on him I could see his supporters going 3rd party in November to show the establishment Dems not to underestimate them.

The Bernie Bros are really getting beat up in the liberal media during the run up to the Iowa caucuses, even Paul Krugman is piling on: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/20/...l?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

Many "wonky" types think Warren is the right choice for the progressive wing and the Bernie backers are not happy about ceding the high ground to the less mad candidate. If this thing goes sideways on him I could see his supporters going 3rd party in November to show the establishment Dems not to underestimate them.

Seen this script before... Dem Primary is rigged against Bernie and his hardcore supporters (justifiably) refuse to support the nominee in the general...