Spike155's latest activity

• S
    Spike155 replied to the thread NFHS rule changes for 2024-25.
    Maybe in a world where Duals still matter (I actually love a good dual). The tournament world is mostly individual, so getting to the...
  • S
    Only if you're losing. If you're winning, and now with a larger lead, it's more incentive to stall
  • S
    Exactly what I meant with my original post. More points don't necessarily mean more action.
  • S
    I think this points change hurts the really good, but not elite wrestlers that win by only a couple points. If you are a takedown...
  • S
    Not sure if I like the new scoring. Higher point values means less action and more stalling. 5 TD/moves = 10pts vs 3 TD/moves = 9pts...
  • S
    I try to do something similar each year, highlighting wrestlers from Ohio that qualify for NCAAs. Note- I go strictly off of what the...
  • S
    Jim, maybe you can help with timing or specifics. I seem to remember that up until the early 90's, Div 1 (AAA) had alot more schools. It...
  • S
    Are you kidding? A few years ago was nothing. Mentor in the 80's and 90's was absolutely brutal.
  • S
    Spike155 reacted to kbiz's post in the thread Losing on purpose with Like Like.
    I think the people who are complaining the loudest had a son at Districts who was not in the top 4 beast wrestlers in his bracket, but...
  • S
    Spike155 reacted to 350zjk's post in the thread Kids calling timeout with Like Like.
    Been out of officiating for four years, but if a wrestler stopped action because he said he was hurt there's no stalling involved...
  • S
    Spike155 replied to the thread District upsets ?.
    I think Jarreau Walker from Streetsboro might be a little upset today
  • S
    Spike155 replied to the thread State Title Talk.
    Confused on the DII #106 bracket. Why is the Kenston #2 on #1 instead of the Kenston #5?
  • S
    Spike155 posted the thread Rules history in Wrestling.
    Actually just killing time until wrestling starts. But does anyone remember when the neutral start moved in from the edge of the inner...
  • S
    Spike155 replied to the thread Districts schedule.
    The fairness is in what it takes to qualify. In a highly competitive weight, the goto match is someone that might be on their 4th match...
  • S
    Spike155 replied to the thread Districts schedule.
    I understand the concessions and gate money thing on Saturday. I'm wondering why the state doesn't mandate that the districts all...