Recent content by graplinskin

1. G

Regular season matchups you'd like to see!

Anderson vs. St. Xavier...this was annually the last game of the season from the mid-90's through 2000, and was often a competitive game. St. X only lost once, but there were plenty of really close games. I would imagine that Anderson would love to pick the game up again, but with St. X...
  2. G

One Division State Placers

Would be awesome.
  3. G

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

I’m done going back and forth with this. Go to the 2021 statement or bottom right of pg. 22 on the 2022 statement. It shows grant revenue was $2.5 mil and PPP was $1.6 mil in 2021. In the 2022 statement notes it says that PPP loan forgiveness was applied for and given. Yes, there was only $25k...
  4. G

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

5. G

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

Call it what you want, but when millions of dollars come from an application process…it’s given.
  6. G

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

I see that…the OHSAA receives grants. You’re right that a large portion of the revenue comes from ticket sales. But, the money that those grants are made up from does not come out of thin air. Who gives the OHSAA those grants? And where did they get the money for those grants? The financial...
  7. G

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

Where does the grant money come from then?
  8. G

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

I think we’re on the same page here and saying the same thing. School employees can technically be considered government employees, just local governments. And the day to day workers are stated FUNDED employees…they may not be paid directly from the state of Ohio, but it’s tax dollars filtered...
  9. G

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

You should change your name to. WishYouWereNOTHere…wrestling is for the world to enjoy and celebrate, not just men. Ladies welcome, they’re growing the sport and making it better. Sorry your kid wants to be one.
  10. G

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

Remember the OHSAA is ran by government and state funded employees…what did you expect? 90% of the people that work in education aren’t educated. Which is incredibly sad, because the 10% that make a real difference are the salt of the earth.
  11. G

Missing Breakman Reports (1996-2004)

https://www.ohiowrestling.net/rankings/highschool/brakeman/2002-D1.html Try searching "Brakeman" not "Breakman"
  12. G

D II State Semifinal: Massillon 14-0 vs Cincinnati Anderson 13-1

We should travel well, but will not compare to Massillon’s following by any means. In the 2007 & 2008 championship games we filled most of a side of the stadium with a few in the end zones at your all’s place. I would expect 1,000-1,500 less than that, maybe more since it’s after Thanksgiving.
  13. G

Friday Updates (11/10/23)

On the radio it sounds like the referees are complete buffoons as well
  14. G

Cincinnati LaSalle

Maybe it's been discussed here before, but I've never understood why the D1 Private/Catholic schools in Ohio don't form a conference. The GCL teams pretty much play St. Eds & Ignatius every year anyway, and for the most part they're on the same competitive level for all sports (excluding St...
  15. G

Friday Finals (9/22/23)

Anderson 20 Winton Woods 13