Recent content by BBcourt32

1. B

Girls Basketball Refs in NW OH

First, thank you for actually providing one answer to providing an example of a legal case. Secondly, you obviously didn't take the time to read through the court decision. (That's a consistent theme with you) Reading through this, there is no mention of officials only "prime time" scheduling...
  2. B

Before this year the NLL would take every Friday in January and have the girls/boys league games. The setup would be on Thursday Fr girls, Fr Boys, then JV boys and on Friday JV girls, Varsity Girls, Varsity Boys. (For reference in regards to officials on the Friday set, we would have a 2 man...
  3. B

I'll check with our AD and see if I can get a copy of the league policy but I assume it something along the lines of 2 for Fresh/JV and 3 for Varsity is recommended (not required) The OHSAA policy doesn't even state that (probably why we see 2 in some conferences and 3 in others around the...
  4. B

@Hooper419 You are right and I think Jeff as president did a nice preseason officials and coaches meeting would like to see more of that and even make them a mandatory thing. Also, I did check the boys forum just now and the Northwood boys domination talk is too taxing on my brain lol.
  5. B

I agree with you on all points, that's the discussion points I'm trying to bring up of how do we increase the pools and how do we increase the quality. All ideas from everyone on here welcomed, not saying my views are right or wrong but as you mentioned my perspective from my specific experiences.
  6. B

Read my last post- looking to make it optional for both boys and girls all games all teams and if both agree great. Was just giving easy examples of games that both teams likely would agree to. This wouldn't be creating a policy that discriminates we already have 2 man crews and games that...
  7. B

Yes, I have and clearly you aren't reading my posts either. You keep referencing "setting a policy." who are you referring to here? Obviously OHSAA rule is a minimum of 1 and both coaches have to agree after that 2 man crew is fair game and obviously 3 man is more of the standard. If you read my...
  8. B

Also going back to your point here, so we only have 2 man crews for Freshman and JV basketball (don't ever recall 3 man crews working those games) so I guess every school already is breaking the law.... Can you show me somewhere in the OHSAA guidelines that 3 official's are required for varsity...
  9. B

True getting school districts together to agree on anything is difficult. The schools and AD's at several of the stops I've been too have been in favor of this but not every district would. So you are telling me every game that doesn't have 3 officials is breaking the law? C'mon on man I can't...
  10. B

Obviously the assigners would be the ones to make that call, Rick was open to it few years back, so was Ed (Scrutch) back in the day, Bradish didn't seem interested back in the Trac when mentioned to him and I know its been brought up to Ken Myers before in the past too. Like I stated in the...
  11. B

Some teams in the past ten years that I've talked to that would be open in the past 5-10 years would be most of the TAAC (especially with TC being so dominant the last few, actually Rick seemed open to it to help with Ref shortage) Maumee, Clay, Rogers, Start (with Kynard not Dane) Southview...
  12. B

Like what? Obviously risk of injury to an official puts you down to one but other than that what's the issue? For a number of years when I played in the city and even small D2 college eons ago we only had 2. Heck, I can think of a handful of games in the past 10 years where we only had one...
  13. B

I think you are misunderstanding me. I would like to see more 2 man crews as I don't personally find the extra value of a third official (in most games) I'm not looking for the "best" officials I just want competent ones that know the rules and actually can go up and down a few times without...
  14. B

NLL did it for years until they expanded this year, was fairly successful especially when the matchups were decent on both sides. Would like to see more leagues look at this at least once a year on rival games etc.
  15. B

I'm not recommending every game go to 2 man crews but the assigners could reduce a majority of the "bad" games to 2 man crews and if having a 2 man crew working a 40 point blowout game is going to make 90% of them quit then so be it. I highly doubt you have seen more games than me, been on the...