Where some teams are projected next year with 7 divisions.

Bball216

This is really going to open up a hornets nest - but here I go. According to a story I saw this am based on current enrollment numbers here are what division some teams are expected to be placed in next season. Let's start with the 2 gorillas in the room - Richmond Heights and Lutheran East. RH is projected to be in D6 and LE in D5. Let that soak in. Ursuline, VASJ and Warrensville Hts in D4. Russia and Cornerstone in D7. This shows you how small some of these powerhouse schools actually are. RH beat the D1 state champions St. Ignatius and LE beat RH. If you think people lost their minds this - just wait. I believe teams will have the "option" to move to D1 - but there is nobody forcing them to. You can only move to D1 - you cannot select another division above you. Don't expect these teams to move up 4 or 5 divisions. Wishful thinking.

Cornerstone in D7 will trigger a lot of people. If I recall when CC had that run a few years back, their best players had been homegrown.

They legit belong there. That school is tiny. There will be 7 divisions and there will monsters in every one of them that people will feel don't belong. The whole idea was to give more teams a legit shot. What it appears to have done was make the smaller school play against even tougher competition. God have mercy on the D6 schools playing Richmond Heights.

This is really going to open up a hornets nest - but here I go. According to a story I saw this am based on current enrollment numbers here are what division some teams are expected to be placed in next season. Let's start with the 2 gorillas in the room - Richmond Heights and Lutheran East. RH is projected to be in D6 and LE in D5. Let that soak in. Ursuline, VASJ and Warrensville Hts in D4. Russia and Cornerstone in D7. This shows you how small some of these powerhouse schools actually are. RH beat the D1 state champions St. Ignatius and LE beat RH. If you think people lost their minds this - just wait. I believe teams will have the "option" to move to D1 - but there is nobody forcing them to. You can only move to D1 - you cannot select another division above you. Don't expect these teams to move up 4 or 5 divisions. Wishful thinking.
Putting together a national schedule and then choosing to play in the D6 state tournament should make RH the laughingstock of OHSAA basketball. I have faith in them as competitors that they will make the jump

Why ? Winning is the best recruiting tool. They can go for 4 in a row and attract kids to replace all the kids who will FINALLY be seniors next year.

They legit belong there. That school is tiny. There will be 7 divisions and there will monsters in every one of them that people will feel don't belong. The whole idea was to give more teams a legit shot. What it appears to have done was make the smaller school play against even tougher competition. God have mercy on the D6 schools playing Richmond Heights.
How do figured that did you see there base count it's 127 and if they have anywhere close to their CB numbers that they had last year which was 21,I see them at d5

How do figured that did you see there base count it's 127 and if they have anywhere close to their CB numbers that they had last year which was 21,I see them at d5
What difference does it make if they are D5 or D6? They are winning either one

Here’s a question. Will every school know what division they will be in and then they can decide to move up to D1? And if schools move up does that then move the smaller D1 schools down to D2? Case in point: Lutheran East and Richmond Heights are in the same division. If you’re Lutheran East you may as well move up to D1

Here’s a question. Will every school know what division they will be in and then they can decide to move up to D1?
Yes. The decision to move up to D1 won’t have to be made until two weeks after the start of the regular season.
And if schools move up does that then move the smaller D1 schools down to D2? Case in point: Lutheran East and Richmond Heights are in the same division. If you’re Lutheran East you may as well move up to D1
No. The OHSAA proposal specifically says a team moving up to D1 will not move a different school down to D2.

Putting together a national schedule and then choosing to play in the D6 state tournament should make RH the laughingstock of OHSAA basketball. I have faith in them as competitors that they will make the jump
They petitioned to move up this year and were denied by OHSAA

Agreed. Will be interesting to see what they decide to do.

Why ? Winning is the best recruiting tool. They can go for 4 in a row and attract kids to replace all the kids who will FINALLY be seniors next year.
I get that, but the kids are competitors. They wouldn't be as good as they are if they weren't. I would be shocked if they wanted to play Russia some more instead of trying to beat the biggest/best schools in Ohio.

I'd love to see some good D6 schools move up to D5 if RH stays in D6.

Truly believe Richmond Heights will move up to Division 1 and I think they could win D1 next year with another offseason working on the chemistry with Crumble. JV was really good too they have another big who wouldve probably played varsity for a lot of schools this past season.

But heres the problem if Richmond does move up. The two small school monsters out of this area will be Cirnerston Christian and Warren JFk. Two private schools and we know how that goes lol

But heres the problem if Richmond does move up. The two small school monsters out of this area will be Cirnerston Christian and Warren JFk. Two private schools and we know how that goes lol
Go back to 2018 when Cornerstone was at state. I remember very little complaining - if any - mainly because they only had one great player (Bothwell). And JFK? Do they have much of a basketball pedigree?

Truly believe Richmond Heights will move up to Division 1 and I think they could win D1 next year with another offseason working on the chemistry with Crumble. JV was really good too they have another big who wouldve probably played varsity for a lot of schools this past season.

Doubt that Kwasniak will stay at CC after next year when his son head off to college

Yes amen,get there a++ out of d7 and d6, we've had to deal with them and there aau all Star team long enough,how many normal good d4 teams go around country play there kind schedule , hardly any D1 teams play there kind of schedule

Go back to 2018 when Cornerstone was at state. I remember very little complaining - if any - mainly because they only had one great player (Bothwell). And JFK? Do they have much of a basketball pedigree?
Well the new Cornerstone Coach is VASJ old coach who everybody already cried about and JFKs only problem is Richmond. They dominated Hoban so like I said the cycle will just continue

Warren JFK lost just about eveyone from their "generational team" and had a hard time fielding a JV team that's could play 4 quarters a lot of the times.

Well the new Cornerstone Coach is VASJ old coach who everybody already cried about and JFKs only problem is Richmond. They dominated Hoban so like I said the cycle will just continue
JFK got thumped by 34 by Richmond and apparently they lose a ton. I don’t see that as evidence of them continuing the cycle. Are you sure you know what’s going on in your area? 😂

JFK got thumped by 34 by Richmond and apparently they lose a ton. I don’t see that as evidence of them continuing the cycle. Are you sure you know what’s going on in your area? 😂
Which is closer than everybody but Russia. Also beating Hoban whenever they caught em is not a small feat. If the system was a year early they would be in Dayton and yall would be crying lol