CHL 23-24

1710019185438.png

Does anyone think they draw out the tournament longer than necessary? Seems like a long time between each round.

I believe last time Alter and Wyoming met on the court was the season covid cut short (2019-20). They played down at UC for a district championship records indicate that was Wyoming's only loss of that year. Saturday should be a battle. Any insight on the Cowboys? Fenwick and CJ are the common opponents, in which Wyoming beat and Alter split their season series with. From what I have read online is how young they are.

Cowboys never recovered from Q1. Alter shot 7/8 from three in the first half. 16 made three’s total in the game.

Great execution of their game plan. Zoned Wyoming, slow the game down, get up big, then take the air out the ball. Kudos to the staff.

Wyoming should be proud of the season. Great year 23-4, with three L’s coming from GCL teams! Regional final is an exceptional accomplishment not many teams achieve.

Excited to follow these guys next few years.

Cowboys never recovered from Q1. Alter shot 7/8 from three in the first half. 16 made three’s total in the game.

Great execution of their game plan. Zoned Wyoming, slow the game down, get up big, then take the air out the ball. Kudos to the staff.

Wyoming should be proud of the season. Great year 23-4, with three L’s coming from GCL teams! Regional final is an exceptional accomplishment not many teams achieve.

Those youngins will be back. Very talented group and well coached they be will scary next year.

alter was clearly better. shot the lights out. and alter had no fouls until the 4th q, which was interesting. none.

alter was clearly better. shot the lights out. and alter had no fouls until the 4th q, which was interesting. none.
If you watched the game, Alter didn’t foul. They had one of their best defensive efforts of the year. Don’t make excuses man come on. Sorry your team lost but as I started above. They will be back. Great learning experience for the Cowboys

If you watched the game, Alter didn’t foul. They had one of their best defensive efforts of the year. Don’t make excuses man come on. Sorry your team lost but as I started above. They will be back. Great learning experience for the Cowboys

A lot can change in 1 year but it seems like Alter is in a good position to win this match-up again in 2025 given all that they have returning.

He literally led with "Alter was clearly better", followed by an observation of the foul count. 🤷‍♂️

As someone who has no rooting interest in this game, 3 personal fouls in an entire game does seem pretty wild. And one of those was an intentional foul at the end of the 3rd quarter if I recall correctly.

A lot can change in 1 year but it seems like Alter is in a good position to win this match-up again in 2025 given all that they have returning.
If both teams make it, it’ll be a good matchup. Alter losses some key pieces in Brand and Leen. Both avg 10pts and shoot 37% from three and over 43% FG.

Leen did a great job running the offense and controlling pace. He’s a solid player. Greer will get his, but may have more ball duties next year.

Uhl had the game of his life. Only made 14 three’s all year, but hits 4 in the first QTR alone against Wyoming. Highest scoring output of 14 all year.

No other Junior, Sophomore had any major contribution in that game. They’ll graduate 6 seniors, but Coulter is a great coach. I’m sure he’ll have his bench players ready to take on larger roles next year.

Sad it is over for the league….I have no interest in the state tournament if a local d2 or d3 team isn’t involved….it’s a long way to November! Some early takes before this thread shuts down…of course Wyoming is great again…IH loses almost all their contributors…My Mustangs might be status quo…Mariemont keeps Sam Stalzer but loses Tully and the older Stalzer…Taylor is looking good bringing back everyone….no idea what is happening at Finneytown, DP or Reading. Enjoy the Spring and Summer fellas 😎

There was literally no excuse made....

Akron faces off against Creighton today in the NCAA tournament and there is a loose CHL connection for those who care.

Nate Johnson for Akron is a 2021 graduate of Lakota East and is the cousin of former Finneytown basketball player and football standout, Chevis Jackson (c/o 2008).

Jackson was tragically murdered in 2006. Nate Johnson wears #34 for Akron in memory of his cousin who wore #34 on the football field for FT.