IVC 23-24

I am just going by what I watch the SW game against Fairfield they only scored 49 points was not that impressed with SW offense or defense they got tire at the end and was giving up easy layups. I thought farfield was a better team that got if to a slow start. Hiland has been getting of to fast starts if that continues I like are chances.

Hilands defense is much better then Fairfield it will be an interesting game should be a good crowd I think SW brings a big crowd they don’t have far to go.

Hilands defense is much better then Fairfield it will be an interesting game should be a good crowd I think SW brings a big crowd they don’t have far to go.
Oh, Hiland can definitely win this game. There are a couple of match ups that I worry about tho that I think makes the Hawks underdogs. But if anyone can address and negate those match ups, the bald man who roams the sidelines (and gets techs because his assistants don't react quick enough; Allan Miller needs to work on his quickness) can do it. But the kids will have to execute.

Bald men are typically geniuses. :)

Every time I hear "Lima Central Catholic" I smile and have warm memories of 1992 and the miracles the great Perry Reese worked. :)

Back in those days, fans would leave as soon as the game was decided to get dibs on the best tickets for the championship game. So with about 30 sec left in the game and LCC up 7, a bunch of LCC fans beat cheeks over to get in line. A few min later the Hiland crowd poured in behind them. The LCC fans were like, "What are you guys going?" Hiland fans informed them that LCC lost. Some of them were calling the Hiland fans liars and were ready to throw down, but word eventually spread. The stunned look on their faces -priceless. Lol.
We left with 50 seconds left and I am pretty sure Hiland was down 10.

Did the refs call a lot of stuff? Thought that crew usually let's them play but there was all kinds of kids in foul trouble
There were a series of very curious calls in the 3rd that all went against the Fighting Tuccis. At the end of the qtr the wtuz guys said, "Despite playing 8 on 5, Malvern leads 42-37." Lol

Malvern was horrible at the FT line and took some questionable shots at critical moments, but they did enough.

Smith made 3 really good driving baskets down the stretch to help them maintain a lead.

Lintz for NW was phenomenal. Had 30. Made one lay up over his head with his back to the basket. Plus, he has the best mustache I've ever seen on a HS kid!

Last edited:
If Malvern gets to state they will play Ottowa glandorf and Lutheran east for the championship but I hope they make. I did see that SW beat north Adam’s only by 3 and prep destroyed them. I still like Hilands chances we are playing really good and are bench is going to wear them down. We need a fast start like we are doing.

South Webster beat Mohawk by like 12 mid season so that doesn't look that good for Hiland.
That was mid December,you can look at it this way to,McD. Northwest just beat Wheelersburg in the tournament by 59-42score and Wheelersburg beat SW by 10 in mid January ,so it's to hard compare scores, either way Hawks will definitely have to play one of their better games to beat SW

That was mid December,you can look at it this way to,McD. Northwest just beat Wheelersburg in the tournament by 59-42score and Wheelersburg beat SW by 10 in mid January ,so it's to hard compare scores, either way Hawks will definitely have to play one of their better games to beat SW
That is true. So much can change throughout a season.

South Webster also beat Wheelersburg @ Burg in January.

Comparing scores is pointless, though. As we all know basketball is a game of matchups. On top of that, tournament time is all about who’s playing the best basketball at that point in the season. Northwest was playing great basketball and peaking during the tournament, that’s always the goal for each team.

They hung right with Malvern and nearly knocked them off. Good game by both squads and congrats to Malvern on advancing!

These two games Friday and Saturday,are going to come down to good coaching, and Mark and Denny putting there players in the best position to win the game and trying to take away the other teams best players,any win from here on out is icing on the cake for this Hawks team,with all the injuries this season

These two games Friday and Saturday,are going to come down to good coaching, and Mark and Denny putting there players in the best position to win the game and trying to take away the other teams best players,any win from here on out is icing on the cake for this Hawks team,with all the injuries this season
Even tho I am a Hawks fan, I really do pull for IVC kids, and while I want both teams to go to Dayton, I can't shake this feeling that it is more important for Malvern to break through.

And let's face it - we all know that with that cruel Russia team and RH waiting in Dayton, the prospects for the Hawks are not good there. Still, making another final four hangs another banner and adds to the lore. So, I want them to win tomorrow and get there again, but I'm not sanguine for them once they get there.

But with Malvern, there are all of those heart-breaks, miracle shots, and stray pom-poms that have kept them from advancing to the big show. Making the final four would mean so much to those kids and community. I really want it for them.

Even tho I am a Hawks fan, I really do pull for IVC kids, and while I want both teams to go to Dayton, I can't shake this feeling that it is more important for Malvern to break through.

And let's face it - we all know that with that cruel Russia team and RH waiting in Dayton, the prospects for the Hawks are not good there. Still, making another final four hangs another banner and adds to the lore. So, I want them to win tomorrow and get there again, but I'm not sanguine for them once they get there.

But with Malvern, there are all of those heart-breaks, miracle shots, and stray pom-poms that have kept them from advancing to the big show. Making the final four would mean so much to those kids and community. I really want it for them.
I hope the Hornets can do it! Coach Tucci, these kids, and this community deserve it!

Harvest Prep is obviously very good, and Coach Dennis has them firing on all cylinders right now. However, I think Malvern definitely has a shot here. They have more guys that can rebound and handle the ball against Harvest than what North Adams has.

As good as Harvest is, this isn't one of the more loaded teams I've seen from them. Again, they are very good. And deserving of being here. But there's been some Harvest teams where I had zero doubts they'd win the region. This team I think is about a 60/40 favorite over Malvern.

JAB needs to stay out of foul trouble, stay on the floor, and make plays down the stretch.

If it is tight late, I would like to see Malvern be patient, only take lay ups or wide open shots, and with a lead, pull it out and make them foul - then they have to make FTs. They play fast and it can be hard for a team to throttle that down, but against a team like the Fighting Parsleys, you can lose a lead fast if you are taking bad shots quickly. FWIW

@bbjunky81 Conner Beachy broke his fibula a few weeks ago. He was an energy and glue kid. Just always making plays. About 5'8"?

The fibula is a non-weight bearing bone and a good callous should have already formed around the fracture. There is some talk that he could play at state, but he is not conditioned and hasn't played in weeks, so I'm not sure how realistic that is.

For some reason, I can't recall the other injury. Brain fart. Someone else help Junky out there.

Big Al tore his acl and so did the shrock kid at the beginning of the season he is only a sophomore. Are bench had really stepped up if Conner could help that would be big maybe he can come the bench as some more depth. I still like are chances tomorrow night the jeeps didn’t sub a lot the two big players played the entire game and the big guy was tired and the jeeps defense was bad at the end Fairfield was getting easy layups at the end I still think they should of won and I am glad they didn’t they were a much better shooting team. I pick Hiland by 5 maybe more depends on how tired SW gets at the end and if we continue to start hot.

Hawksfan197 is definitely one of the more interesting posters I've ever came across. Personally, I like how he dogged South Webster "because they only scored 48 points." When Hiland only scored 52 against a MUCH worse defense in Northside Christian :LOL::LOL:. The same poster who was saying early in the year that he thought Hiland was better than Richmond Heights 😄😄

It should be a great game, could go either way. Two great coaches. Two teams wanting to make it to the State Tournament. Should be a fun ball game.