GWOC 2023-2024

They were up on Moeller by 9 in the first half and were out coached and out played during the 2nd.
Moeller turned up the defensive heat the last 15 minutes of the game and outscored the Panthers 29-6 the rest of the way. Springboro lack of depth and literally running on empty the last quarter and a half. GBM 💪 🏀

They were up on Moeller by 9 in the first half and were out coached and out played during the 2nd.
Elksone; have you ever coached before? There is no way anyone who has ever coached HS basketball can think that they reason they lost is because they were "outcoached". They were defitnely outplayed but for Boro to be in the game, they had a great gameplan but sometimes it does not last or a team like the #1 Team in SWO gets hot and plays well.

Elksone; have you ever coached before? There is no way anyone who has ever coached HS basketball can think that they reason they lost is because they were "outcoached". They were defitnely outplayed but for Boro to be in the game, they had a great gameplan but sometimes it does not last or a team like the #1 Team in SWO gets hot and plays well.

I've never coached, but I would say when a great game plan doesn't last, that means it was stopped by the other coach making an adjustment and overcoming it. Which seems to be what happened in the second half according to the reports. If he could not make adjustments to score more than 7 points in the second half I would say he was outcoached.

I've never coached, but I would say when a great game plan doesn't last, that means it was stopped by the other coach making an adjustment and overcoming it. Which seems to be what happened in the second half according to the reports. If he could not make adjustments to score more than 7 points in the second half I would say he was outcoached.

Did you watch the game even? Moeller switched who was defending and how they were defending Yates. Springboro does not have another kid who would even play for Moeller. And Yates cooled off, which despite his run on tournament, he is not a great shooter. I'd love to hear the changes Springboro could have made?

Did you watch the game even? Moeller switched who was defending and how they were defending Yates. Springboro does not have another kid who would even play for Moeller. And Yates cooled off, which despite his run on tournament, he is not a great shooter. I'd love to hear the changes Springboro could have made?
Watched it, the rest of the Springboro roster could barely dribble against Moeller defenders. Zero adjustments by Bales could be made to change that. It is what it is, they were a sub-.500 team without Yates.

Watched it, the rest of the Springboro roster could barely dribble against Moeller defenders. Zero adjustments by Bales could be made to change that. It is what it is, they were a sub-.500 team without Yates.

Thank you!!! Boro had no one else that could play at that speed besides Yates. Moeller did a great job but to say he was outcoached is a joke.

I would love for anyone that watched the game to let me know what they could have done differently. They tried to get Yates going and he could not hit in the 2nd half. Kudos to Bales for staying with your leader because the only way you can compete in that game is to have Yates go offfffff@!!!!

Like I said, Wayne was going to need a better defensive effort, which they didn't get tonight at all.
Man you called it!!! Their defense was so bad... I just don't understand why they switch everything. Their second tallest starter is 6'0!!! Swith everything and end up with 5'10 guys guarding a 6'7 kid on deep post ups. SMH He's scoring over 5'9 90% of the time!!! JUST DUMB BASKETBALL!!! I also don't understand why they didn't attempt to speed the game up. Pick up full court make their guards work.

Boro losing had nothing to do with coaching... Yates has been playing out of his mind the entire tournament. Yates is not a great 3 point shooter but lately has been scorching from 3. In the 2nd half of the game vs Moeller he came back to Earth settling for off the bounce 3's and he was missing. Moeller switched defenders on him and nobody else on Boro can create a shot for themselves or others. Butler is a good player but mainly catch and shoot 3's off of Yates creating. Good season by Boro! Exceeded expectations.

Boro losing had nothing to do with coaching... Yates has been playing out of his mind the entire tournament. Yates is not a great 3 point shooter but lately has been scorching from 3. In the 2nd half of the game vs Moeller he came back to Earth settling for off the bounce 3's and he was missing. Moeller switched defenders on him and nobody else on Boro can create a shot for themselves or others. Butler is a good player but mainly catch and shoot 3's off of Yates creating. Good season by Boro! Exceeded expectations.

Just curious, what does exceeded expectations mean for Boro? Should they have not won that many games? It seemed to me that they might of had the best player in the league, with maybe the worst schedule, & possibly the worst losses.

Just curious, what does exceeded expectations mean for Boro? Should they have not won that many games? It seemed to me that they might of had the best player in the league, with maybe the worst schedule, & possibly the worst losses.
It means they nobody expected them to win as many games as they did... They had one of the weakest non conference schedules in the GWOC. They didn't have the best player in the GWOC. Stop!!

Centerville's PG play is so shaky... I'm shocked they beat Moeller this season.

That point guard has 3 division one offers, making him the only player in the GWOC besides Powell with any. He also shoots 47% from 3, leading the GWOC, and over 82% from the line. He buried Middletown late by going 12-13 in the District Finals. He single handedly beat St Edwards and put up 28 against St. Ignatius. I can see how he is shaky!

Both Wayne and Boroughs were put in perspective. Got schooled, honestly. Unlike Centerville, the rest of the GWOC isn’t ready for he South yet.

Well the game plan must not have included getting into an up tempo game with Mo, getting no defensive rebounds, or getting about 10 shots blocked. Borough had a pretty good season, but game plan could not have saved this one.

All I know is when they were winning Lots of people were saying he turned it around they are good hands with bales. They lose and it’s the talent not the coach. Maybe it was the talent that got them the wins and not the coach.

All I know is when they were winning Lots of people were saying he turned it around they are good hands with bales. They lose and it’s the talent not the coach. Maybe it was the talent that got them the wins and not the coach.
Only game I saw Springboro play this year they got wrecked by Lebanon. I was unimpressed, to say least.

I have been consistently saying the talent is down and Yates carried the team.

That point guard has 3 division one offers, making him the only player in the GWOC besides Powell with any. He also shoots 47% from 3, leading the GWOC, and over 82% from the line. He buried Middletown late by going 12-13 in the District Finals. He single handedly beat St Edwards and put up 28 against St. Ignatius. I can see how he is shaky!
I never seen a real D1 "PG" turn the ball over as much as he does with ball pressure but okay he has D1 offers LOL

He had at least 6 or 7 yesterday

He definitely has the frame of a D1 guard though I will give him that

I never seen a real D1 "PG" turn the ball over as much as he does with ball pressure but okay he has D1 offers LOL

He had at least 6 or 7 yesterday

He definitely has the frame of a D1 guard though I will give him that
What is a real d1 PG? Is it just who you, with all your years recruiting college players, deems to be "real"? To me, a real d1 PG is any kid getting offered scholarships to play PG by a division 1 school.

You seem all about stats when it suits you. Odd how you either dismiss or fail to acknowledge this players, except of course your made up stat about turnovers (he finished the game with 3 turnovers, of course, he added 5 assists and led the Elks in scoring with 17 points). You also don't acknowledge the rest of the season he had, but I'm sure if all those other guards getting "college interest" in the GWOC had actual offers, you would be all about how good they must be (and my apologies, I forgot Hatcher does have an offer).

Last edited: