NEW Rakings - February 6

Feister turned 16 in September 2023. Held back through multiple schools. Will be almost 20 when finishing his senior year. 18 year olds fighting wars and 20 year olds wrestling Ohio high school wrestling.
As many many many before him. So essentially he's the same age that Bo Jordan and tons of others were. I don't remember people hating so much. Dayton Fix will be 27 this year, and using his last of "4 years of eligibility" who cares?

As many many many before him. So essentially he's the same age that Bo Jordan and tons of others were. I don't remember people hating so much. Dayton Fix will be 27 this year, and using his last of "4 years of eligibility" who cares?
College wrestling and High School wrestling eligibility isn't even close to the same thing. It's referencing the fact he's not a freshman. His "7th grade year" was his freshman year.

D2 285 may be the worst weight ever. When you put Feister at #1 after winning 6-1 against a marginal D1 HWT(#24), I thought that is ridiculous. I looked at the D2 Hwt rankings and thought, no, that is ridiculous. He will probably win state.
Galion HVY is legit and probably the best wrestler in the field. Napoleon HVY is a giant and legit. Chaminade HVY is legit and returning state placer. Lakewood HVY is legit. Johnathan Alder HVY has taken some loses but he is right there and will surprise some people and he is a returning placer.

Agree - probably the weakest weight in D2 overall but your comments kind of crap on the listed kids above who can definitely beat the Hoban kid. Remember, lots of the same viewpoints were shared last season about Baldridge from West Holmes, and he got beat by the giant from Circleville in the semis. Hoban kid can win it but it’s not gonna be easy because of those listed above and a few more. Weight matters.

Galion HVY is legit and probably the best wrestler in the field. Napoleon HVY is a giant and legit. Chaminade HVY is legit and returning state placer. Lakewood HVY is legit. Johnathan Alder HVY has taken some loses but he is right there and will surprise some people and he is a returning placer.

Agree - probably the weakest weight in D2 overall but your comments kind of crap on the listed kids above who can definitely beat the Hoban kid. Remember, lots of the same viewpoints were shared last season about Baldridge from West Holmes, and he got beat by the giant from Circleville in the semis. Hoban kid can win it but it’s not gonna be easy because of those listed above and a few more. Weight matters.
Feister & Baldridge are both physically gifted, but technically they aren’t on the same level. Feister is miles above him. Regardless of what weight he goes, it’s not gonna be a ride in the park.

Feister & Baldridge are both physically gifted, but technically they aren’t on the same level. Feister is miles above him. Regardless of what weight he goes, it’s not gonna be a ride in the park.
Well he at best is 2nd at 215. Nobody is touching Max Shulaw, hence the bump to heavyweight maybe? Amazingly Talented kid for sure but many questions need answered. Who has he wrestled? Is this ranking based on what he has done the last three years at OAC? I just checked out his record on Jake’s Wrestling 24-0 and I don’t think he has beaten/wrestled one ranked kid in the top 20 of any division at 215 or 285? Is that right?

kid is a phenomenal athlete and good wrestler, but I don’t think he has done a ton this season to secure his rankings.

Last edited:
Feister turned 16 in September 2023. Held back through multiple schools. Will be almost 20 when finishing his senior year. 18 year olds fighting wars and 20 year olds wrestling Ohio high school wrestling.
How would he be almost 20 when he graduates in May and his bday is in September? He’s a one year hold back. He turned 16 as a freshman would he should turn 16 as a sophomore. The cut most schools use when entering K is Aug 31. Kids turn 15 as freshman, 16 as sophomore , 17 as jr and 18 as sr, he’s one year off. And it’s not like he’s wrestling freshman at his weight class, so he is still up against kids older then him the majority of the time.

How would he be almost 20 when he graduates in May and his bday is in September? He’s a one year hold back. He turned 16 as a freshman would he should turn 16 as a sophomore. The cut most schools use when entering K is Aug 31. Kids turn 15 as freshman, 16 as sophomore , 17 as jr and 18 as sr, he’s one year off. And it’s not like he’s wrestling freshman at his weight class, so he is still up against kids older then him the majority of the time.
Math wasn't really working out on that was it?

...maybe someone could have benefitted from a second 8th grade year...🤣🤣🤣

Neves being at Blair and not Graham makes that decision pretty easy! Just out of curiosity who would you rather wrestle Shulaw or Neves?
I would not want to ever wrestle neves lol. My old wouldn’t want to wrestle Shulaw either rather save my good hip.

your freshman year is 14 turning 15 for most,junior year 16 turning 17. 16 vs 14 is a big maturity difference as (freshman). maybe add in some enhancement.

I was in College when i was 17 LOl.

When did wrestling become a musical? Get your violins and go play basketball. I don’t care how old a kid is. Fact, some of us develop at different stages of life-puberty is a game changer. OHSAA rules are what they are- as long as they are within the rules- let the parent raise their kids.

Wrestling doesn’t discriminate. The better wrestler wins the majority of the time. The hardest workers will EARN their hand being raised. Stop loading these kids up with excuses and focus on building their strengths. When they apply for a job, a good business will hire the “best fit” for the job or the one who has EARNED it. Best fit can be the hiighly educated or the owners best friends half son- it doesn’t matter, you can only control what you control.

The whistle blows, and it’s 1v1. They weighed the same or close to it at weigh ins, they both cleared OHSAA rules to participate. Blaming, complaining, defending (BCD’s) do nothing. Wrestlers are counter culture. Whatever the hardest path- wrestlers run to it. Challenges are exciting and opportunities are windows to learn and grow. It’s all about what you are telling the wrestler- if you think a kid being older or younger is going to matter - or if you think it doesn’t matter- whatever you think, you will believe.

Wrestlers are made different. Don’t water the sport down because your son has not EARNED his hand to be raised against the competition. There’s plenty of opportunities to get better and improve. It’s about how we respond- they will listen and believe whatever you tell them. You could always put your phone or keyboard down and go help your child in the pursuit. Don’t worry about what yappi or rankings say, go build your own road. That’s where true growth happens.

When did wrestling become a musical? Get your violins and go play basketball. I don’t care how old a kid is. Fact, some of us develop at different stages of life-puberty is a game changer. OHSAA rules are what they are- as long as they are within the rules- let the parent raise their kids.

Wrestling doesn’t discriminate. The better wrestler wins the majority of the time. The hardest workers will EARN their hand being raised. Stop loading these kids up with excuses and focus on building their strengths. When they apply for a job, a good business will hire the “best fit” for the job or the one who has EARNED it. Best fit can be the hiighly educated or the owners best friends half son- it doesn’t matter, you can only control what you control.

The whistle blows, and it’s 1v1. They weighed the same or close to it at weigh ins, they both cleared OHSAA rules to participate. Blaming, complaining, defending (BCD’s) do nothing. Wrestlers are counter culture. Whatever the hardest path- wrestlers run to it. Challenges are exciting and opportunities are windows to learn and grow. It’s all about what you are telling the wrestler- if you think a kid being older or younger is going to matter - or if you think it doesn’t matter- whatever you think, you will believe.

Wrestlers are made different. Don’t water the sport down because your son has not EARNED his hand to be raised against the competition. There’s plenty of opportunities to get better and improve. It’s about how we respond- they will listen and believe whatever you tell them. You could always put your phone or keyboard down and go help your child in the pursuit. Don’t worry about what yappi or rankings say, go build your own road. That’s where true growth happens.
I absolutely agree with almost all stated, except for this myth that “wrestlers are made different”. The thought is often aligned with the thought that “wrestling will teach you how to be a man”.

There is something very different about the dedicated wrestler. There are components of the sport which go to the core of “being” a man.

There are too many instances of adult males undisciplined in their speech and emotions in and around wrestling to allow the sport to carry the freight of the thought that wrestling is quintessential manliness.

Spurgeoin said, “the best man is still a man at best.”

I absolutely agree with almost all stated, except for this myth that “wrestlers are made different”. The thought is often aligned with the thought that “wrestling will teach you how to be a man”.

There is something very different about the dedicated wrestler. There are components of the sport which go to the core of “being” a man.

There are too many instances of adult males undisciplined in their speech and emotions in and around wrestling to allow the sport to carry the freight of the thought that wrestling is quintessential manliness.

Well dang.Well stated Sir Nicolas Nickleby💪

Hoban kid can win it but it’s not gonna be easy because of those listed above and a few more. Weight matters.
I will gladly come back to this and accept defeat if I am wrong; Feister will not be touched by these heavyweights. Have your two cents about his age/eligibility, that’s whatever. But this isn’t your usual athletic and built 215 wrestling heavyweight that we see from time to time. This is something far more unique. I don’t think the weight will have as big an impact as you think. In much smaller matters - he is very Kyle Snyder-esque. I would like to go out on a limb and say most of - if not all - the 3x Jr High state champs were ranked #1 at some point in their freshman campaign - regardless of weight. So I think he is more than deserving of his ranking. Not to discredit - but a lot of DII and DIII heavyweights are good hand fighters and smart edge/stalling wrestlers, but not super decorated elsewhere. If you have been around high school wrestling that should be no surprise to you. It will take a lot more than that to take down Feister. Of course there’s always a chance for miracles at HWT, but I wouldn’t bet on a single guy winning a 3 match series against him.

What happened to Engel #175 D1?

Watched this kid at TopGun. Was pushing kids into tables and bleachers along the sides of the mats when out of bounds. Extremely arrogant and self renowned. Was very sad and disappointing to watch considering how well versed he was as a wrestler. Supposedly he’s a good football player as well. Hoping this is a learning experience and that it does not hinder his College explorations but it is not looking promising. Karma came at the wrong time for this young man. Rooting for him to humble himself and succeed.

they don't seed 1,2,3,4 at districts... sandefer can end up in any of the other 3 quadrants. its random... if he randomly draws into the same side then the conso semi match will suck for someone
You are seeded based off sectional placing but you won’t face somebody from your own sectional at district 1st round.

I will gladly come back to this and accept defeat if I am wrong; Feister will not be touched by these heavyweights. Have your two cents about his age/eligibility, that’s whatever. But this isn’t your usual athletic and built 215 wrestling heavyweight that we see from time to time. This is something far more unique. I don’t think the weight will have as big an impact as you think. In much smaller matters - he is very Kyle Snyder-esque. I would like to go out on a limb and say most of - if not all - the 3x Jr High state champs were ranked #1 at some point in their freshman campaign - regardless of weight. So I think he is more than deserving of his ranking. Not to discredit - but a lot of DII and DIII heavyweights are good hand fighters and smart edge/stalling wrestlers, but not super decorated elsewhere. If you have been around high school wrestling that should be no surprise to you. It will take a lot more than that to take down Feister. Of course there’s always a chance for miracles at HWT, but I wouldn’t bet on a single guy winning a 3 match series against him.
If the kid is legit he will win it, just find it odd to rank him above 4 or 5 kids that have wrestled way tougher schedules this year and won.

If the kid is legit he will win it, just find it odd to rank him above 4 or 5 kids that have wrestled way tougher schedules this year and won.
You know what would be really interesting is if Big Shulaw decides to go Heavy weight and Little Shulaw goes 215! Honestly if I’m Palmer I’m considering that. Noone is touching Max at 215 or 285, I also think Lincoln has a better chance of winning 215 than beating Eddie at 190. Just a thought!

Watched this kid at TopGun. Was pushing kids into tables and bleachers along the sides of the mats when out of bounds. Extremely arrogant and self renowned. Was very sad and disappointing to watch considering how well versed he was as a wrestler. Supposedly he’s a good football player as well. Hoping this is a learning experience and that it does not hinder his College explorations but it is not looking promising. Karma came at the wrong time for this young man. Rooting for him to humble himself and succeed.
enhanced aggression

“There are too many instances of adult males undisciplined in their speech and emotions in and around wrestling to allow the sport to carry the freight of the thought that wrestling is quintessential manliness"

Well said my friend.

#Truth

Last edited:
You know what would be really interesting is if Big Shulaw decides to go Heavy weight and Little Shulaw goes 215! Honestly if I’m Palmer I’m considering that. Noone is touching Max at 215 or 285, I also think Lincoln has a better chance of winning 215 than beating Eddie at 190. Just a thought!
We shall find out by tomorrow morning

Reactions: jct