Where Should Glenville Play?

Where should Glenville play?

• OHSAA DIII: No one in DIV can hang. Let's try Glenville in DIII

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • OHSAA DII: Chardon, TCC and Ursuline would get running clocked. Move Glenville to DII

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • OHSAA DI: Avon, Massillon and Hoban are too disadvantaged. Glenville has to play at DI

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • NCAA DIII: Clearly, St. Edward, Springfield, and the GCL-South are outgunned. How about Mount Union?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NCAA DII: Mount Union couldn't hang. How about Grand Valley State in DII?

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • NCAA FCS: Grand Valley State can't hang. Let's see if 1-AA can stop Glenville

• NCAA FBS: No chance, North Dakota State. Glenville will stomp you. Move 'em up to the P5

• CFL: Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Georgia. et. al. cannot compete. Off to the CFL.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • NFL: The Tarblooders would smoke the Allouettes. Move them up to the NFL

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Nowhere: Not even the best NFL teams can compete with Ginn and Co. Boycott them

Votes: 19 18.6%

• Total voters
"The two (of hundreds) that I knew" is a sample size that would surely hold up in the world of academia...
When I was a freshman in college there were two Glenville guys in my hall, and it turns out neither of them could correctly spell "and," they both spelled it "an" and they both only lasted one quarter and were never seen or heard from again. Although I later saw the brother of the one guy trying to trade/sell his food stamps for cash about 15 years ago.

Compared to what? Certainly not ANY of the other schools as they are dead last in proficiency in CMSD. The two Glenville guys I knew that played at college were on academic probation by spring semester freshman year and didn’t return the next fall. Would be happy to be proven otherwise, but any claim of college graduation rates has zero truth to it. They only get 3/4s to graduate from their pretend high school for God's sake. Try again.

Really setting these kids up for success with that championship* caliber attendance policy.
View attachment 52502
Cool.

When I was a freshman in college there were two Glenville guys in my hall, and it turns out neither of them could correctly spell "and," they both spelled it "an" and they both only lasted one quarter and were never seen or heard from again. Although I later saw the brother of the one guy trying to trade/sell his food stamps for cash about 15 years ago.
Noted.

Lying is not cool. That is taught in competent school districts very early on. I think it’s important our educators be educated and our publicly funded schools actually teach something other than how to fill out a form the second time with the right information.

Lying is not cool. That is taught in competent school districts very early on. I think it’s important our educators be educated and our publicly funded schools actually teach something other than how to fill out a form the second time with the right information.
I agree.

It was not for football it was for a minor sport. And the situation there was much different from this situation, however the point is I made sure something was done about it.
Right. NOT football, because all Glenville football players live in the Glenville zone. And since it was for another sport, those Glenville athletes who you saw on the West Side attended Glenville High. Students who attend Glenville High can live ANYWHERE in Cleveland or suburbs. Ginn Academy is a separate school and doesn't offer extracurriculars. Students who attend GA can only play for their neighborhood school. So please stop with this "cheating" garbage

Right. NOT football, because all Glenville football players live in the Glenville zone. And since it was for another sport, those Glenville athletes who you saw on the West Side attended Glenville High. Students who attend Glenville High can live ANYWHERE in Cleveland or suburbs. Ginn Academy is a separate school and doesn't offer extracurriculars. Students who attend GA can only play for their neighborhood school. So please stop with this "cheating" garbage
What I was talking about is a situation in Florida regarding a minor sport not football. I made something happen, and I am fairly confident I can make something happen as it pertains to Glenville if I really wanted to, but at present I have better things to do like going down to my condo in Cocoa Beach for 3 weeks and I will be up to my ears in paperwork when I come back from vacation I am sure. But I really don’t like you a lot. Yoy kind of remind me of this Dunkin' Donuts franchisee in Florida who I couldn't stand, so I got his franchises pulled a few years back. Unfortunately, people can hide behind their computer screens on here.
What is garbage is that Glenville blatantly exploits the rules in a manner that is not very sporting.

"The two (of hundreds) that I knew" is a sample size that would surely hold up in the world of academia...
lol you didn’t quote the post because it literally has the school’s test scores in it. Are you one of the 95% of Ginn Academy students that didn’t pass reading comprehension?

What I was talking about is a situation in Florida regarding a minor sport not football. I made something happen, and I am fairly confident I can make something happen as it pertains to Glenville if I really wanted to, but at present I have better things to do like going down to my condo in Cocoa Beach for 3 weeks and I will be up to my ears in paperwork when I come back from vacation I am sure. But I really don’t like you a lot. Yoy kind of remind me of this Dunkin' Donuts franchisee in Florida who I couldn't stand, so I got his franchises pulled a few years back. Unfortunately, people can hide behind their computer screens on here.
What is garbage is that Glenville blatantly exploits the rules in a manner that is not very sporting.
You’re the very definition of unintentional comedy 😂😂😂😂😂😂

lol you didn’t quote the post because it literally has the school’s test scores in it. Are you one of the 95% of Ginn Academy students that didn’t pass reading comprehension?
I didnt quote the post because Im done entertaining idiots lmao. But no lm not however my nephew is a soon to be graduate with back to back state championships and a full ride to a four year university. You keep swinging though maybe something will stick sooner or later

But no lm not however my nephew is a soon to be graduate with back to back state championships and a full ride to a four year university.
I wonder if he is able to correctly spell "and" and if he will last more than a quarter or two. What university or college will he be attending?
Also it's no wonder you keep on defending them, you are certainly not an unbiased party

And correct me if I am wrong, if a student lives on the far west side of Cleveland and attends GA and plays for Glenville that seems like it is a problem. If he attends Ginn Academy doesn't he have to play for whichever school from CMPS that corresponds with his residence? And the far west side certainly isn't within the zone for Glenville correct?

I wonder if he is able to correctly spell "and" and if he will last more than a quarter or two. What university or college will he be attending?
Also it's no wonder you keep on defending them, you are certainly not an unbiased party

And correct me if I am wrong, if a student lives on the far west side of Cleveland and attends GA and plays for Glenville that seems like it is a problem. If he attends Ginn Academy doesn't he have to play for whichever school from CMPS that corresponds with his residence? And the far west side certainly isn't within the zone for Glenville correct?
Im gonna ignore that first sentence because I know for a fact thats not something youd feel comfortable saying in person lol. You also know the answers to all these questions and have zero names seeing as you didnt "collect evidence" when you were overseeing some project in Cleveland last year

Oh and football wise why would Canfield be worried about Glenville being in region 10 when they have gotten through Region 9 one time with a power 5 recruit at QB?

You also know the answers to all these questions and have zero names seeing as you didnt "collect evidence" when you were overseeing some project in Cleveland last year
It is a fact the QB transfer is registered to vote at the home his dad owns in Twinsburg. It is a fact the dad is registered to vote at the home of a Glenville alum despite owning the home in Twinsburg where his son and wife are registered to vote. These are facts and easily discovered through public records. The Richmond Heights bball player's family actually purchased a home and listed theirs for sale by owner. Explain how OHSAA determined the Glenville QB eligible but not the bball player?

It is a fact the QB transfer is registered to vote at the home his dad owns in Twinsburg. It is a fact the dad is registered to vote at the home of a Glenville alum despite owning the home in Twinsburg where his son and wife are registered to vote. These are facts and easily discovered through public records. The Richmond Heights bball player's family actually purchased a home and listed theirs for sale by owner. Explain how OHSAA determined the Glenville QB eligible but not the bball player?
The OHSAA is not my employer

Damn other guys!!! All of the kids at GA and Glenville are dumb, they can’t read, they are all felons and turn out to be bums!!! They all flunk out of College!! Dr. Ginn is a cheater, a snake oil salesman with a worthless Honorary Doctorate degree, that none you have or will ever be worthy of receiving!!! He started a school in an impoverished, crime riddled inner city neighborhood in 2007 so that he could win a football State Championship in DIV 15 whole years later??????? Amazing

Is this deeper than Football???? It certainly does not appear to translate to TRACK AND FIELD!!! Why not??? Glenville has 18 state Championships in track, Dr Gee has 8, six in DI. He loves track way more than Football!! Going for the THREE-PEAT!!

In football you usually can manipulate the system to your advantage, you control OSHAA with votes, and you always have the refs! You have one Team that has overcome all of those obstacles through hard work and discipline and you can’t take it! You are vicious and malicious with your comments and it is shameful!!!

now you want to change the rules or block Glenville from participating in the division that the numbers say they compete in!

That’s just like the politicians trying to block someone from being on a ballot!! You can’t beat em, then block em!

That’s why we love track, you can’t manipulate much. Opinions and polls don’t matter!!! PUT THEM ON THE LINE AND SHOOT THE GUN!! ATHLETE VS ATHLETE!! Take the grownups out of it.

because maybe they didn't change their address for voter registration yet? Who knows, but I am glad you are still beating a dead horse.

Mods need to close this thread down......

Hey you know what fortunately you are in luck if you don't like it here you can take your leave or you can start your own forum and make all the rules and lock threads and do whatever else you want to do.

Hey you know what fortunately you are in luck if you don't like it here you can take your leave or you can start your own forum and make all the rules and lock threads and do whatever else you want to do.
So you’ve had a high school team stripped of a state title and caused a business owner to lose their franchises… My friend, you have a very specific set of skills…

So you’ve had a high school team stripped of a state title and caused a business owner to lose their franchises… My friend, you have a very specific set of skills…
His skills

Jim Carrey Attorney GIF

they can’t read,
FYI, your screen name is spelled incorrectly.

Glennville poster started the thread, they think it’s cute. It's like putting 8th graders in 6th grade, they may get good grades but it feeds their egos more than their brains. There is a dichotomy between what they tell themselves and what everyone else sees and that is perfect January fodder. Please google dichotomy if you got your "education" at Ginn Academy, because there is only a 5% chance you comprehend it.

The business owner lost their franchises due to their own stupidity, I paid for coffee and donuts for a large group of policemen, firemen, paramedics and other related personnel who are friends of mine. The franchisee refused to give me what I ordered or my money back, so they got what they had coming to them. (This is the short version of the story, I would glady share the full story if anyone is interested).
And no team was stripped of a state title, an individual was stripped of a state title who blatantly cheated on countless occasions.

Haha, let me add some context for you guy... What has been hashed and rehashed on here 1,000 times is the same drivel and bull junk (as Coach Prime would say) I simply suggested the mods just lock this bad boy up because it no longer serves a purpose.

To take your 6th grade response to me, you are also in luck in that you don't need to read my post or respond to it, you can simply scroll on by, or create your own forum dedicated to Canfield and your thoughts on Glenville's CB number.

I am fairly confident I can make something happen as it pertains to Glenville if I really wanted to,
Honestly, I think you should if you feel that strongly about this. This is a legit comment, no insult intended either (as emotion, motive, and context can be hard to read here sometimes.) I mean why not, it you feel like you have the evidence and the pull to see something corrected with this (if there truly is a correctable offense here) or changes that would need to be made by the OHSAA to correct any perceived wrongdoing, then I really feel like you should make something happen as you say.

Enjoy your vacation though, I'll be down that way later this year for vacation

WHY would you reward mediocrity? If a school plays with open enrollment, they have an unlimited talent pool. And SHOULD be forced to play with the BIG DOGS of the state. In Georgia, teams with no defined district lines, are able to play in smaller classifications, while drawing talent from larger metro areas of 200,000 plus. Savannah Benedictine was in what is present day 7A in 1996. NOW, they play in 4A. WHAT'S changed other than they don't want to play with the national powers in 7A football. Until they were beaten by 4A state runners up Stockbridge in the 4A semis, they were even nationally ranked themselves.
this would really be interesting in Ohio, as many publics have open enrollment, which would be comical to see them all play D1 if that is what you are insinuating

Honestly, I think you should if you feel that strongly about this. This is a legit comment, no insult intended either (as emotion, motive, and context can be hard to read here sometimes.) I mean why not...
Pretty simple it would take a lot of time and effort to accomplish for one. Also it would at the least move Glenville from D-IV up to D-III, but Glenville would probably not end up in D-II. D-III is already stacked most years with teams from NEO and now there is Central Catholic to worry about on top of the normal contenders, adding Glenville will basically eliminate any possibility of anyone else winning the championship aside from those two. I don't stand to benefit in anyway and it doesn't really personally impact me or any team I care about as long as they are still in D-IV. If it currently was negatively impacting me or my alma matter then I would consider putting forth the time and effort. But to be perfectly honest if I was going to do something I would have been much more meticulous about recording/documenting every detail pertinent that I was able to ascertain over the past year or so. And thus far I have done nothing, all I have is my word and that won't really hold up I don't think.

You’re a loser.

You’re a loser.
I don't really understand what you hope to accomplish. We could go back and forth calling each other names in perpetuity but that would not accomplish anything.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I don't understand why you think Glenville should be commended for exploiting a bunch of loopholes and taking advantage of the system to play at least one division if not two divisions lower so they don't have to play anyone like TCC, Massillon, Hoban, Avon et al. Doesn't it sound weird to say congratulations for playing literally no one (realtive to TCC, Massillon, Hoban & Avon) and gaining an unfair advantage to win a state championship.

Their is no justification for anyone in their right mind to defend Glenville/Ginn Academy as it pertains to this situation. Maybe Ted Ginn Sr helped some kids but that has absolutely nothing to do with the matter at hand.