Random TV/Movie news.

Does anyone still watch the Simpson's here? Those first few seasons with the production team of Matt Groening, James L Brooks & Sam Simon plus a whos who of National Lampoon alumni writers including Conan O'Brien was some of the funniest and innovative TV of its era. Eventually they went "soft" and South Park took over the mantle of the premier social satire TV show.

Does anyone still watch the Simpson's here? Those first few seasons with the production team of Matt Groening, James L Brooks & Sam Simon plus a whos who of National Lampoon alumni writers including Conan O'Brien was some of the funniest and innovative TV of its era. Eventually they went "soft" and South Park took over the mantle of the premier social satire TV show.

ha, I knew this comment was coming from someone.

I've been re-watching/catching up on the entire series slowly but surely on Disney+. Started probably around 2018, and I'm currently mid-season 32.

ha, I knew this comment was coming from someone.

I've been re-watching/catching up on the entire series slowly but surely on Disney+. Started probably around 2018, and I'm currently mid-season 32.
And how is it? I tried a couple random episodes and they just seem too "vanilla" to me, what I saw boring TV. Bring this kind of stuff back and I will watch:

And how is it? I tried a couple random episodes and they just seem too "vanilla" to me, what I saw boring TV. Bring this kind of stuff back and I will watch:

I mean I enjoy it, my teenagers find it funny, and it's an easy thing to put on when the kids are in the room (as opposed to Sopranos and Breaking Bad which I'm watching also).

I think one thing we probably need to keep in mind is that you and I aren't the target audience anymore, so the jokes may land differently.

I imagine that the show is still better than what they'd likely replace it with.

If you aren't watching For All Mankind, you should be.

Season 4 trailer. (though this is more a fake commercial for a company that exists within the show).

Netflix actually dropping some things of interest to me. Bunch of Russel Crowe movies looks like. Mission Impossible series. Private Ryan, Scarface. Someone spent some cash. Get Gotti and Fall of the House of Usher are some Netflix made I'm looking forward to.

Streaming has advanatages but I still miss the old, on Monday we watch, on Tuesday we watch. You could build a schedule. With streaming, I lose sense of what I'm watching that I like and end up watching whatever new crap or just look for movies, thinking there's nothing else to watch. I miss new seasons start of shows I liked before and end up getting spoiled because everyone else has been watching them for five weeks and I over her conversation.

Streaming has advanatages but I still miss the old, on Monday we watch, on Tuesday we watch. You could build a schedule. With streaming, I lose sense of what I'm watching that I like and end up watching whatever new crap or just look for movies, thinking there's nothing else to watch. I miss new seasons start of shows I liked before and end up getting spoiled because everyone else has been watching them for five weeks and I over her conversation.

There’s still some of that with streaming. Disney+ (Marvel and Star Wars shows) does it. Prime Video does it (Ring of Power, Boys, Gen-V). I think Paramount+ still does. Max does (House of the Dragon).

Netflix is the main exception.

Fraiser is getting a reboot...

Im expecting very little from the Frasier reboot. A character that debut about 40 or so years ago. The best thing aboout the original was the dynamic between Frasier, Niles and their dad. Ive watched the 1st two. I like the Freddy adult backstory but not Niles was as clumsy as his son David. The Harvard characters are just filler for now. Ill finish the serier because of my fondness of the original

Coincides with the 60th anniversary next month.
Anyone else been to that spot in Dallas? I had business there and my hotel was not far so I decided to check it out, bellboy warned me it was a freak show and he was right. Weird conspiracists with these big signs and different folks selling things. Also fly by night type tours everywhere. Making $s off of this is not cool.