2023 Southwestern Buckeye League

Congrats to Waynesville on a huge win. Also congrats to both teams on the share of the league title. VV definitely has some work to do, but so does WV if either team wants to make a run. Both teams have to lockdown their defenses. Absolute shootout of a game.

Valley View couldn’t stop a nose bleed if their life depended on it tonight. That defense was gross. Eaton showed it was capable of throwing and scoring on VV, and Waynesville proved that tonight. Congrats to Waynesville!

Is there a possibility after playing an intense double OT game and then following it up playing a team that lets be honest is not good on a crappy field with bad weather due for a let down. Eaton knows it’s in the playoffs
Sure. There is also the possibility that the offense has been pathetic the last 3 weeks.

17 vs Brookville
19 at the end of regulation vs Waynesville
17 vs Carlisle

If they cannot figure out how to get it back in the end zone, McNick may just put a running clock on them.

The Waynesville-VV game was outstanding. Huge crowd, great sportsmanship, and an exciting finish. VV is a classy program and will definitely make some noise in the playoffs. I predict a great year for the SWBL in the playoffs.

Sure. There is also the possibility that the offense has been pathetic the last 3 weeks.

17 vs Brookville
17 vs Carlisle

If they cannot figure out how to get it back in the end zone, McNick may just put a running clock on them.
it’s not that the offense isn’t moving the ball it’s the fact that they are behind the sticks every play 1st and 15s 2nd 20s they hurt there selves so much every game. 19 penalties last week against waynesville

17 vs Brookville
17 vs Carlisle

Rockets played undefeated Badin tough tonight, probably should have won. They are definitely improving weekly at the right time. Not sure if they will play Eaton after Everything shakes out tonight but they will be a tough test for most teams.

37-13 Bellbrook over Ross
9 min remaining

payback is always nice no matter how long you have to wait
Or how far you have to drive. Bellbrook to Ross and vice versa is a pretty long haul. Good win for Eagles and a tough season for the Rams with the loss which eliminates them from the playoffs D3 Region 12.

Rockets played undefeated Badin tough tonight, probably should have won. They are definitely improving weekly at the right time. Not sure if they will play Eaton after Everything shakes out tonight but they will be a tough test for most teams.
You can’t go conservative in the critical moment against the big dogs and not expect it to bite you in the butt. Excellent game nonetheless, would not be shocked if McNick was in the regional semis or finals

Now that the season is over, where will all of the SWBL teams that make the playoffs be seeded and where will they play? Thanks!

Couple thoughts

Valley View is playing for a perfect 10-0 season They will play starters and they will have a comfortable lead vs Waynesville by halftime. Running clock second half and they will be able to get their starters out early.

Eaton will play starters, they want a home game. A lot can happen, let the chips fall where they may. Hopefully a comfortable lead second half.
Only running clock I saw was when Valley View had no timeouts and was watching their perfect season slip away.

Now that the season is over, where will all of the SWBL teams that make the playoffs be seeded and where will they play? Thanks!
Looks like VV got #1 seed in D5 R20, WV #2, Brookville # 3, Madison #13, Carlisle #15,

D4 R16, Eaton at the #8 seed

D3 R12, BB #8 and Oakwood at #14

D2 R8, Edgewood 14 seed

that is all that made the playoffs for SWBL if I looked correctly

Looks like 9 teams are in correct.

I was at Carlisle Eaton game tonight. Eaton I would have to agree with a previous poster, they are very undisciplined and play behind the sticks alot. That being said the field conditions made some impacts but Carlisle played pretty good defensively. Have to give credit to Eaton defense, they stopped the dive all night. But obviously sarcasm isn’t what it used to be. Carlisle was supposed to be thumped tonight but played okay. The played with a little more pep tonight. Eaton is a very good football team but if they can’t control penalties they will not last long in playoffs.

Very good team Irwin, few teams in this region will want to play them 💯

Wasnt there last night butthem poor Monroe kids are glad it's over. I could tell in their faces during the Ross game that last they were burnt out. Everyone has a down year. They gotta do some soul searching on everything next year. Marcum didn't impress me at all. He has the potential to be pretty good I think but it's not there yet. They need to learn how to tackle my God! Seems like they don't make halftime adjustments at all. Same plays over and over. Terrible coordinators. Mullins is a good coach but he needs to make some changes.

Last edited:
Absolutely inexcusable! I lost sleep thinking about this complete debacle. I said it all season and said it on here, how in the HLL do you have a guy from Carlisle who never played coaching our DBs? With all the former all state DBs and athletes still in this area who would be willing to help and could contribute something you got this knucklehead on staff! Coach Lump or Dump Clarkson let a perfect season for these boys get destroyed. I mean I get he’s a good guy and you may need a coffee gofer but we don’t need a flippin Kumbaya coach trying to leach onto another program we need football coaches! Amburgey has never thrown for 300 yard but went 400 and 5 TDs over 70% completion spiting rain. You got to be kidding me! you deserved better!

Last edited: