The Official 2023 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Would the Reds be in this position if they had brought the young guys up sooner? Maybe they win 2 or 3 more games in May or April and make the playoffs.
It’s true that the Reds bizarrely waited until after blowing key series with the Brewers in June and July to bring up both Elly De La Cruz and Christian Encarnacion-Strand. Had they been more aggressive in bringing those guys up, who knows how much of a difference there might have been.

Yes - I know we were all posting to get the kids called up earlier. But speaking for myself, I just wanted them called up so they could start learning and experiencing the MLB. At that time I had no idea they would immediately help win so many games.

Houston holds on for a 2-1 win over Zac Gallen and the D-Backs! Verlander vs Merrill Kelly tomorrow. If Houston wins that one, they should have a pitching advantage Sunday no matter who Arizona runs out there.

Two more Reds wins + two more D-Backs losses = Reds playoff berth.

Troyboy gotta be sweating now.

No need to worry about the Cubs anymore. And the Marlins are unlikely to miss out … they just need one more win, which could be as simple as finishing out that 9th inning in Queens.

Houston holds on for a 2-1 win over Zac Gallen and the D-Backs! Verlander vs Merrill Kelly tomorrow. If Houston wins that one, they should have a pitching advantage Sunday no matter who Arizona runs out there.

Two more Reds wins + two more D-Backs losses = Reds playoff berth.

Troyboy gotta be sweating now.

No need to worry about the Cubs anymore. And the Marlins are unlikely to miss out … they just need one more win, which could be as simple as finishing out that 9th inning in Queens.
Let's go Reds and Astros!!

Could not believe the Reds bats last night. CES HR may have just now landed.

Let's go Reds and Astros!!

Could not believe the Reds bats last night. CES HR may have just now landed.

.....the Redlegs hold the tiebreakers over the Chubs and Diamondbacks, plus the Marlins still may have to fly back to NY to finish the ninth inning of their game with the Mets. In a weird year, things could very well get a whole lot weirder before it's over.

.....the Redlegs hold the tiebreakers over the Chubs and Diamondbacks, plus the Marlins still may have to fly back to NY to finish the ninth inning of their game with the Mets. In a weird year, things could very well get a whole lot weirder before it's over.
The Marlins aren't losing out.

Arizona on the other hand could.

Does not matter if the Reds don't win today.

Just win baby!

160 games into the season and the playoffs are still within reach!

Reds go down 15-6 Almost got that 19. Cubs win 10-6 Bullpen goes 7 1 third of shutput ball

Everything that Jim Day came out with him making 0^ of his choices!! IN the pregame show

Glad that another miserable season is over.
Season over.
Reds go down 15-6 Almost got that 19. Cubs win 10-6 Bullpen goes 7 1 third of shutput ball

Everything that Jim Day came out with him making 0^ of his choices!! IN the pregame show
Figures - all the jerks and illiterate morons show up when the Reds get eliminated.

Great season by the young Reds, I am looking forward to years of contending teams. You three sad clowns only see negative. Enjoy your miserable lives.

Figures - all the jerks and illiterate morons show up when the Reds get eliminated.

Great season by the young Reds, I am looking forward to years of contending teams. You three sad clowns only see negative. Enjoy your miserable lives.
Life is way too short to spend time getting joy out of other peoples disappointment. I have a feeling that group of posters will be having much less fun playing their games in the next few years.

That was a bitterly disappointing way to go out. Connor Phillips only got 12 pitches, not a single strike thrown. And then to be down 11-0 quickly was too large of a hill to climb. And getting knocked out by a decimated Cardinals team. Especially since the Astros took care of their end of the deal and now will be playing for the AL West title and a bye today.

Jonathan India’s postgame interview last night referring to “THEY have a great future” instead of “WE have a great future” suggests he thinks his time in Cincinnati is coming to an end.

I’ve said it here before, but the next five months will be the most important segment of the rebuild. You have a good amount of young talent. Now you have to figure out how to build up a championship-caliber team around those guys.

That was a bitterly disappointing way to go out. Connor Phillips only got 12 pitches, not a single strike thrown. And then to be down 11-0 quickly was too large of a hill to climb. And getting knocked out by a decimated Cardinals team. Especially since the Astros took care of their end of the deal and now will be playing for the AL West title and a bye today.

Jonathan India’s postgame interview last night referring to “THEY have a great future” instead of “WE have a great future” suggests he thinks his time in Cincinnati is coming to an end.

I’ve said it here before, but the next five months will be the most important segment of the rebuild. You have a good amount of young talent. Now you have to figure out how to build up a championship-caliber team around those guys.
India can see the handwriting on the wall. He knows he’s not beating out McClain, he can’t play SS and wouldn’t beat out Marte anyway. His trade value is as high as it will get at this time. His lack of defensive versatility is what makes him expendable

Get the feeling Votto, India and Senzel are gone. Time for the young bucks to run
I consider India one of the young bucks - he is 26. One year older than Steer - 3 years older than CES and McLain. I'd like to figure out a way to keep him around as DH/Corner OF / super sub.

I consider India one of the young bucks - he is 26. One year older than Steer - 3 years older than CES and McLain. I'd like to figure out a way to keep him around as DH/Corner OF / super sub.
Yes but comparatively, he’s a seasoned vet. He’s played more games than all three combined so I get where RR is coming from. But if he accepts that role, I’d love to keep him. I don’t think he’d be super happy with it though and I don’t blame him.

I would love to keep him too as a DH and to give McClain a rest. I’m not sure the Reds see it that way and he is limited to only playing 2B. He seems to be the odd man out

They also have a lot of cash they could spend to supplement the young kids.

Likely he sticks for another year. He is very cheap yet for his production. But he should and likely will be shopped around. Offers need to be listened to.