Austintown Fitch 2023

Exactly…..they’ll have a decent regular season record. That will give their coaches the opportunity to pound their chests about what they’re building only to get curb stomped when it matters. What this really is, is dad ball at the high school level. Son is the QB, younger son coming in next year. I think we’re looking at the beginning of a regular season dynasty. A lot of wins over bad teams for years to come.
Westerville North was 3-7 last year, with their schedule.

Doesn't the OCC shuffle teams into different divisions every so often?
The OCC has five divisions. There is general reshuffling done to serve competitive and geographic ends. When it comes to the competitiveness aspect, they largely do not try to make particular divisions such that there’s an equal or normal distribution of good-mediocre-bad within the division.

Three of them are pretty solid top-to-bottom in not just football but all sports. A fourth one, which is the one with Westerville North, is intentionally the one that is supposed to have the weak programs/not athletically strong schools. The fifth one is basically southeasterly suburbs that writ large are not great… except it’s also the one Pickerington Central is placed into.

I don't know how OSU operates, but generally speaking, this kind of episode might well be a red flag to recruiters rather than boosting a kid's stock.

Should’ve gone to DeSales. The most direct connection to an 11th hour scholarship offer is there.
Absolutely Should’ve gone to DeSales. Considering they have 2 other D1 D Linemen it would’ve opened up a lot of opportunities for him since teams couldn’t double team him as much. Now he’s gonna be at North where the coaching consists of yelling “tempo” all game long.

Again bro I have no idea if they are the best team in school history or if they're not the best team in school history. I just feel like that's on the coach because he has to get the team prepared mentally and physically. In order to get the right mentality it starts with the head you can't get complacent and think you want something in the offseason because you have plenty of D1 recruits it doesn't work that way. You actually got to go in the field and compete and prove it weekend and week out again whether you're in practice a scrimmage or a game your attitude has to remain the same and that attitude has to be anything you do is a championship mentality. If you doing conditioning that's the fourth quarter of the state championship game with the game on the line. I don't know coach Parker but you seem like a good guy but that's something that he has to correct because of Austintown Fitch who wants to compete in D2 unfortunately in their case you have to go through Akron Hoban,Massillon,Avon ,Walsh and WW. If you come out with a laxidasical attitude against them teams I just named it's a wrap
Preaching to the choir.

Not happening
First off his dad already stated he is not interested in going to Ohio State period, so no reason to even entertain the idea he’s trying to get their attention. Secondly he can go wherever he chooses. Michigan has signed a boatload of edge guys this year so I’m guessing that won’t be his choice. My guess is that he goes to Kentucky. Following Josh Allen from Kentucky isn’t a bad plan. And to add if he wanted to showcase abilities against the top high schools (which he doesn’t need to, everyone knows his potential already) he would have went to Hoban, St. Ed’s, or another high profile team, not Westerville North.

Potential means you ain't done it yet.

But what I'd be thinking if I were a recruiter is that the kid isn't likely to stick around for four years. So rather than waste a scholly on a kid who's history indicates that he'd be checking out the transfer portal from the minute he gets on campus, I'd save the offer for someone who is already in the portal and has a demonstrated track record.

Potential means you ain't done it yet.

But what I'd be thinking if I were a recruiter is that the kid isn't likely to stick around for four years. So rather than waste a scholly on a kid who's history indicates that he'd be checking out the transfer portal from the minute he gets on campus, I'd save the offer for someone who is already in the portal and has a demonstrated track record.
True, but potential means it certainly looks to the talent evaluators that you can do it. And the second point you made may end up being true, but that can be said if maybe 70% of top recruits. There is no reason for a recruit to show any loyalty to the school because as we know it not reciprocated. The recruit now goes into the equation with I’m gonna get mine and it may be here or somewhere else. Not speaking of Brian in particular but top recruits in general.

True, but potential means it certainly looks to the talent evaluators that you can do it. And the second point you made may end up being true, but that can be said if maybe 70% of top recruits. There is no reason for a recruit to show any loyalty to the school because as we know it not reciprocated. The recruit now goes into the equation with I’m gonna get mine and it may be here or somewhere else. Not speaking of Brian in particular but top recruits in general.
Yeah, but he's already shown more potential for bailing than for playing.

To be fair I believe he just turned 17 so I wouldn’t say he has a whole heck of a lot of say in the matter. Without going into things there are decision makers in his life that are steering him in a certain direction and it’s going to play out how it plays out. But can’t pin all this solely on the kid.

There are two top recruits in the statewide class of ‘24 that are on their third school in their high school career. One is an Ohio State commit, the other commands a host of P5 offers.

It doesn’t matter as much these days. Kids commit/de-commit all the time; they’ll transfer whether in HS or college.

Hell, Tressel would get in-state guys that transferred in their high school careers.

First off his dad already stated he is not interested in going to Ohio State period, so no reason to even entertain the idea he’s trying to get their attention. Secondly he can go wherever he chooses. Michigan has signed a boatload of edge guys this year so I’m guessing that won’t be his choice. My guess is that he goes to Kentucky. Following Josh Allen from Kentucky isn’t a bad plan. And to add if he wanted to showcase abilities against the top high schools (which he doesn’t need to, everyone knows his potential already) he would have went to Hoban, St. Ed’s, or another high profile team, not Westerville North.
Hoban or St Ed’s wouldn’t want the drama that comes with his father, he was on full display at Hoban during the passing scrimmage and made a lasting impression. Best of luck to the kid, but he needs to dump Lavar Ball as his father

Absolutely Should’ve gone to DeSales. Considering they have 2 other D1 D Linemen it would’ve opened up a lot of opportunities for him since teams couldn’t double team him as much. Now he’s gonna be at North where the coaching consists of yelling “tempo” all game long.
Who is the second D1 Dlineman from Desales (After Gwinn). I did not know they had another kid with D1 offers! Geez

So this family would turn down an OSU offer because they’re really interested in UK? I doubt that

So this family would turn down an OSU offer because they’re really interested in UK? I doubt that
I can’t answer that for the family. Michigan seemed to be a lock about 4 months ago - he visited 11 times (official and unofficial). But since he didn’t commit they had to move on and signed 4 edge guys this year. He still has a half dozen top 12 teams he can choose from or in reality anywhere he feels like going.