MVL 2022

The current AD is also in charge of transportation and the after school program. Did that for the money. He isnt focused on just athletics like every other AD out there. He is always at board office because of other jobs. Apparently you dont know your school district very well.

They now have coach number 4 in ten years of football. Hire someone who will be good AND stick around. Hyatt was a catastrophe. Puckett is still cussing at the kids and driving them off. Cates was good but hated same things Puckett did with other sports getting preferences. Attendance has dropped off drastically in football and basketball. Good times at Butler!!!
Yeah but just because someone walks to the board office doesn’t mean their office is IN THE BOARD OFFICE as you previously stated. And it’s not a secret he has 3 jobs. It’s in every single email he sends out in his signature. Plenty of other AD’s in the area are also wrapped up in other things. Why do you think Butler has hired an Asst AD? Hell, Jay Minton at Wayne for YEARS was the AD + Football coach. Numbers of kids in football is rising & will continue to rise. Don’t worry, Butler Football will be back before we all know it!

I hear a lot of talk about the weight room and football not having access. I can’t imagine that what’s happening at Vandalia is any different than any other school. Sports that are in season probably get precedents at certain times. I see the Tipp football team has a 100% optional Saturday lifting session they call the Breakfast Club. Maybe the new football coach could do something like that. My point is kids that want to put in the work will out in the work. Whether that’s at school or MPower or anytime fitness or wherever kids that want to grind will grind. Kids that are content with mediocrity will just be that at best.

Puckett was a no brainer on paper and the parents clamored for him. He came in and kicked butt and they hosted a playoff game. The kids couldn’t handle his fire and the talent fell off. Can’t squeeze blood from a turnip so that was that.

Cates was a solid hire and brought a nice balance of being a players coach but also had great football acumen. We know he left for a great job. Anything outside of that is hearsay.

Next coach or any coach to step in will have an uphill battle of getting numbers. Vandalia kids just don’t have that desire to play football. I can’t speak to why that is. I’d love to see football kids wrestling and wrestling studs playing football in huge numbers. The studs are in the halls we just need to see more of them on the football field. When Vandalia was winning way back when you had tons of two and three sport athletes out there. The lines were big and solid and that is so important.

Hats off to the kids out there busting their tails I know there are a number of them. We need more of that. We need junkyard dogs out there that want to hurt people (not injure) and want to destroy the competition. That is missing and that is a culture that the players need to grow nurture and pass down.

Nah man, not a buddy. Just a father in the school district with 3 kids in sports. My sons & daughters are active at the HS & they respect the work the AD puts in for them. If they respect him, then I do too. But, naturally as a parent, I’m a Butler sports fan. So let me drop some knowledge on you here real quick

Hyatt - Wasn’t this AD’s hire. It was the previous AD & obviously didn’t work out
Puckett - First year they hosted a home playoff game, and then he ran out of talent after that. Also tried to turn Bu

Basketball you seem to be way off base with.
Wyrick - one rebuild year followed by 3 winning seasons including B2B GWOC titles.
Betten - Good coach just didn’t have enough talent @ times. He also took over during the MVL switch
Holderman - Great coach who will turn the program!
Wyrick was a fantastic hire. Should have done everything to keep him.

Betten seemed disinterested.

Holderman great? All he does is yell at the refs the entire game - embarrassing. Doubt he (parent) coaches after next year.

Wyrick was a fantastic hire. Should have done everything to keep him.

Betten seemed disinterested.

Holderman great? All he does is yell at the refs the entire game - embarrassing. Doubt he (parent) coaches after next year.
Would have been nice to keep Wyrick but when you have your alma mater who is a big DI when loads of talent calling it’s hard to say no. Would have loved to have seen Zawadski Jr end up at Vandalia after his dad retired. He has had a lot of success and I think could have brought a lot of winning to Vandalia. Maybe he was never interested I don’t know but what would have been a good get many many AD’s ago. With our facilities and potential Vandalia could be a destination job for great coaches.

On a side note I think it’s time for Vandalia to drop the Aviators mascot. Since the Dayton Airport has just become a trucking hub maybe they could be the Vandalia Truckers. We could have a mom’s football group called the Mother Truckers. Food for thought.

I heard he’s a great coach, but idk if Butler is the answer for him. Thought he had something rolling a little bit at Sidney & then resigned himself
I would like to know the source of your great coach comment. Doenges is a great person but he's not a coach. Nothing was rolling in Sidney. I've said before and this is the last time. There was absolutely no discipline on the team. Players did whatever they wanted. Cussing, throwing helmets and fighting amongst each other. The new coach has two years of some talent then it drops off.

I heard from a few people that Sutherland and Gueth are the favorites for the job at Butler. It is too late in the year for any big name coaches to come to Butler and start over. I did hear that there is a young coach on the staff that went for it. Kids and parents seem to really like him. Also another coach on staff went for it as well, but I would say that it is one of those two that gets it. I would say that it is between Sutherland and Gueth. I do not know either one personally, but I hope they can continue to keep Butler improving. I am not seeing great things on here about Sutherland but I do not pay attention to those kind of things. Thoughts on Gueth? Any clue who the other coaches that went for it that were on staff last year?

Yeah but just because someone walks to the board office doesn’t mean their office is IN THE BOARD OFFICE as you previously stated. And it’s not a secret he has 3 jobs. It’s in every single email he sends out in his signature. Plenty of other AD’s in the area are also wrapped up in other things. Why do you think Butler has hired an Asst AD? Hell, Jay Minton at Wayne for YEARS was the AD + Football coach. Numbers of kids in football is rising & will continue to rise. Don’t worry, Butler Football will be back before we all know it!
You right his office isnt at the school board. He just spends all his time there. No other ADs arent doing that stuff. Name one. Please name one. What other school in MVL has an asst AD? Again name one. They have an asst because just as I said the AD isnt focued on sports. They had to rise. When you finish with 30 kids no where to go but up.

I hear a lot of talk about the weight room and football not having access. I can’t imagine that what’s happening at Vandalia is any different than any other school. Sports that are in season probably get precedents at certain times. I see the Tipp football team has a 100% optional Saturday lifting session they call the Breakfast Club. Maybe the new football coach could do something like that. My point is kids that want to put in the work will out in the work. Whether that’s at school or MPower or anytime fitness or wherever kids that want to grind will grind. Kids that are content with mediocrity will just be that at best.

Puckett was a no brainer on paper and the parents clamored for him. He came in and kicked butt and they hosted a playoff game. The kids couldn’t handle his fire and the talent fell off. Can’t squeeze blood from a turnip so that was that.

Cates was a solid hire and brought a nice balance of being a players coach but also had great football acumen. We know he left for a great job. Anything outside of that is hearsay.

Next coach or any coach to step in will have an uphill battle of getting numbers. Vandalia kids just don’t have that desire to play football. I can’t speak to why that is. I’d love to see football kids wrestling and wrestling studs playing football in huge numbers. The studs are in the halls we just need to see more of them on the football field. When Vandalia was winning way back when you had tons of two and three sport athletes out there. The lines were big and solid and that is so important.

Hats off to the kids out there busting their tails I know there are a number of them. We need more of that. We need junkyard dogs out there that want to hurt people (not injure) and want to destroy the competition. That is missing and that is a culture that the players need to grow nurture and pass down.
Fire??? HAHAHAHA!!!! Is that what you call cursing kids to the point where the families living in the homes by the stadium call the board office to complain about hearing the cursing in their living rooms? Fire? Unreal. Cates is great. Wasnt being paid much and was tired of the same problems Puckett and Bush had. Hyatt was a suck up so he never complained.

Numbers are a problem? This proves you know nothing about Butler and just get on here and lie. They had 77 kids on the roster. Only 12 were senior. Half of those came back out because Puckett was gone. Cates was bring back culture that the other two destroyed.

You right his office isnt at the school board. He just spends all his time there. No other ADs arent doing that stuff. Name one. Please name one. What other school in MVL has an asst AD? Again name one. They have an asst because just as I said the AD isnt focued on sports. They had to rise. When you finish with 30 kids no where to go but up.
You want me to name JUST one? Are you sure you want only one? Because I can name 7

Fairborn
Tipp
Troy
Piqua
Stebbins
West Carrollton
Butler

7 out of 10 MVL schools have an Assistant AD in some capacity. Now, do they go by the title Assistant AD? No, but, technically speaking they are the Assistant AD. A lot of certain positions vary within contracts & titles. Just go look @ Butler’s website. Our Assistant AD comes up as a “counselor” but everyone knows he’s the Assistant AD as well. So while all these AD’s focus on sports, they need a little help here & there

Fire??? HAHAHAHA!!!! Is that what you call cursing kids to the point where the families living in the homes by the stadium call the board office to complain about hearing the cursing in their living rooms? Fire? Unreal. Cates is great. Wasnt being paid much and was tired of the same problems Puckett and Bush had. Hyatt was a suck up so he never complained.

Numbers are a problem? This proves you know nothing about Butler and just get on here and lie. They had 77 kids on the roster. Only 12 were senior. Half of those came back out because Puckett was gone. Cates was bring back culture that the other two destroyed.
Hyatt wasn’t a suck up he was a professional. He faced the same “issues” that these other coaches faced and he persuveered. You may have an axe to grind there but he is an under rated coach. People still talk about what he did at Bradford and he was building something special at Vandalia. Just didn’t have the number or talent but it was building. Bad parents ran him out. Three coaches later he don’t look to bad does he? He’s a PJ Fleck style of coach and demands accountability but he was classy and did not cuss kids out. But enough about that I don’t want to be accused of being him again.

This is an MVL thread correct? So why after 11 days and 59 posts ( or somewhere there about) are we still talking only about Vandalia?

You want me to name JUST one? Are you sure you want only one? Because I can name 7

Fairborn
Tipp
Troy
Piqua
Stebbins
West Carrollton
Butler

7 out of 10 MVL schools have an Assistant AD in some capacity. Now, do they go by the title Assistant AD? No, but, technically speaking they are the Assistant AD. A lot of certain positions vary within contracts & titles. Just go look @ Butler’s website. Our Assistant AD comes up as a “counselor” but everyone knows he’s the Assistant AD as well. So while all these AD’s focus on sports, they need a little help here & there
You lie. Tipp AD is just an AD. He doesn't do transportation or anything else like that. None of those other schools have ADs who are doing after school programs or transportation.

You lie. Tipp AD is just an AD. He doesn't do transportation or anything else like that. None of those other schools have ADs who are doing after school programs or transportation.
I am so sorry. My sincerest apologies to you. I only answered your 2nd question, not your first. On an extended response portion of a test, I’d only get 2/4 correct. I cannot name another AD with those responsibilities, but technically, I did not lie. You asked me to name another MVL school with an Asst AD & I named 6 others. Good thing my multiple choice portion was pretty good, those 2 points I missed won’t come back to bite me! ;)

Also, what’s the deal with you going with the Tipp AD? Why not Fairborn or Piqua? Are you secretly a TippParent with a Butler alias? Could be why you keep smack talking the AD & the old football coaches! Don’t make me go Sherlock Holmes on you 🕵️‍♂️

I heard from a few people that Sutherland and Gueth are the favorites for the job at Butler. It is too late in the year for any big name coaches to come to Butler and start over. I did hear that there is a young coach on the staff that went for it. Kids and parents seem to really like him. Also another coach on staff went for it as well, but I would say that it is one of those two that gets it. I would say that it is between Sutherland and Gueth. I do not know either one personally, but I hope they can continue to keep Butler improving. I am not seeing great things on here about Sutherland but I do not pay attention to those kind of things. Thoughts on Gueth? Any clue who the other coaches that went for it that were on staff last year?
I don’t know a lot about Gueth but if Sutherland is the one what a joke!!! Cates was good, but what he left behind “Sutherland” is bad news for the team. From what I’ve heard the entire team does not want Sutherland, the coaches don’t like him, there aren’t too many parents that have any faith in him. I’ve seen a post with track being referenced and his success. The team was loaded and was expected to do well. Records would be broken without him, the girls team continues not to put up numbers which he was head coach to last year. Just because a coach throws up the success of a couple kids it doesn’t mean he’s a good choice for football. The rumors I hear about how he has handled himself since he’s come to Butler is disgusting. Making jokes about the programs, talking bad about his players and parents, inappropriate behavior with some of the kids, and feeling untouchable! Why? Because of the AD! Terrible and embarrassing!
There are a lot of good applicants for the coaching position, hopefully the AD listens to the community, kids, parents, and coaches!!!

I don’t know a lot about Gueth but if Sutherland is the one what a joke!!! Cates was good, but what he left behind “Sutherland” is bad news for the team. From what I’ve heard the entire team does not want Sutherland, the coaches don’t like him, there aren’t too many parents that have any faith in him. I’ve seen a post with track being referenced and his success. The team was loaded and was expected to do well. Records would be broken without him, the girls team continues not to put up numbers which he was head coach to last year. Just because a coach throws up the success of a couple kids it doesn’t mean he’s a good choice for football. The rumors I hear about how he has handled himself since he’s come to Butler is disgusting. Making jokes about the programs, talking bad about his players and parents, inappropriate behavior with some of the kids, and feeling untouchable! Why? Because of the AD! Terrible and embarrassing!
There are a lot of good applicants for the coaching position, hopefully the AD listens to the community, kids, parents, and coaches!!!
Yep but when I say it someone gets all offended. This aint me making up stuff. Its out there.

Who are some of the applicants who have applied?

Who are some of the applicants who have applied?
From what I gathered there was a lot of external candidates. Internally, seems it is between Suthlerland or Gueth. Based on this thread, it does not seem to be a good fit for either one of them... I think the parents and kids want it to be an interim from the past staff, but that may not be in the AD's cards. I do not know who would be a good fit from the past staff. I did hear Cox, Harper and Mitchell applied but I can not confirm. This is just hear say around here... Based on the last two seasons would you even want an internal candidate? I hope they find someone young and that will build the program for years to come. Just not job hop... Maybe Pel will come back?

I’m trying to be nice but why is there so much chatter about butler on the MVL page. They they getting a new coach… whoevet they hire are still not going to get them to beat tipp, piqua, or troy. I don’t think butler would be competitive in the swbl in football forget tipp, piqua, troy. Better question is who is going to challenge Tipp this year?

I’m trying to be nice but why is there so much chatter about butler on the MVL page. They they getting a new coach… whoevet they hire are still not going to get them to beat tipp, piqua, or troy. I don’t think butler would be competitive in the swbl in football forget tipp, piqua, troy. Better question is who is going to challenge Tipp this year?
Because people like you ain't bringing up anything to talk about??. So since you finally did I would say xenia and probably troy beat tipp this season.

Since folks are tired of Vandalia talk, how about Fairborn Softball beating Tipp 18-0 the other. Props to HC Tim Duncan!!!

I never thought Fairborn could beat Tipp in any sport by a score like that.
While on the subject of Fairborn, does anyone know when their new high school opens? It’s an impressive looking structure when driving by. I assume there is a stadium being built on the north side of the campus, correct? This project has the potential to be an enormous difference maker for their athletic program.

While on the subject of Fairborn, does anyone know when their new high school opens? It’s an impressive looking structure when driving by. I assume there is a stadium being built on the north side of the campus, correct? This project has the potential to be an enormous difference maker for their athletic program.
Next school year