Caitlin Clark

CatAlum

She deserves her own thread.

NIL impact…

Caitlin Clark may remain at Iowa through spring 2025 because NIL considerations mean she can potentially make more money staying in Iowa City as long as possible. Other women college hoops stars have similar thoughts…

Fewer games, bigger crowds, less stress…

She deserves her own thread.

NIL impact…

Caitlin Clark may remain at Iowa through spring 2025 because NIL considerations mean she can potentially make more money staying in Iowa City as long as possible. Other women college hoops stars have similar thoughts…

Fewer games, bigger crowds, less stress…

Like we told you in the other thread ....

Most women stay throughout their eligibility. Have done so long before nil came along too

WNBA sucks and they have more fame in college in many cases. Even when going pro, most play overseas also to make a career playing basketball

I don't think this says much. Her NIL impact between Nike and in-state NIL deals will dwarf what an average WNBA player makes per year, which is around $110-120k. Odds are she'll clear around that, if not better, off of just the four days she'll have skills camps in Iowa this summer.

I don't think this says much. Her NIL impact between Nike and in-state NIL deals will dwarf what an average WNBA player makes per year, which is around $110-120k. Odds are she'll clear around that, if not better, off of just the four days she'll have skills camps in Iowa this summer.

She seems like one of the few women's players who has the potential to become bigger than the game itself.

I'm sure she can easily become a millionaire once she goes pro, but from a branding standpoint, staying at Iowa makes a lot of sense since there is already an established audience/fanbase for her.

Now watch her get shut down by S Carolina and all the over hype because she's... talk begins. Face it, S Carolina can put three players on her and the other two can deal easily with the rest of Iowa. But they're not going to need to put three players on her. Other teams letting Clark bring the ball up unchallenged knowing she can shoot from mid-court are the idiots.

We'll see I guess.

I'm still learning my way around NIL, but does an athlete lose their ability to receive NIL money when they are no longer a college athlete? Say I'm an Iowa booster and I want to promote my business through Caitlin Clark. I probably have to register through Iowa athletics, right? If she leaves early for the WNBA, she still has influence and a social media following. It would be in my business' best interest to continue doing business with Caitlin Clark. She could double dip with NIL money on top of a pro salary conceivably, no?

Now watch her get shut down by S Carolina and all the over hype because she's... talk begins. Face it, S Carolina can put three players on her and the other two can deal easily with the rest of Iowa. But they're not going to need to put three players on her. Other teams letting Clark bring the ball up unchallenged knowing she can shoot from mid-court are the idiots.

We'll see I guess.
This would be such an awesome national championship. I love Clark but I'm pulling for the second-best Toledo rep we can get in Zia Cooke.

I'm still learning my way around NIL, but does an athlete lose their ability to receive NIL money when they are no longer a college athlete? Say I'm an Iowa booster and I want to promote my business through Caitlin Clark. I probably have to register through Iowa athletics, right? If she leaves early for the WNBA, she still has influence and a social media following. It would be in my business' best interest to continue doing business with Caitlin Clark. She could double dip with NIL money on top of a pro salary conceivably, no?
Once you leave school you can do whatever you want directly through the athlete or their reps, only thing is you cannot do is wear the school's gear or imply you are associated with the University unless they approve and get a cut. A lot of former players use a generic jersey with their number on it or say a famous accomplishment so fans know who it is.

By the way Clark's NIL deals are basically the opposite of the hotties that are mostly dominating the female NIL action. Just like you would think from a plain Jane looking female hoops player from Iowa she is mostly about bread and butter type deals that appeal to moms and athletic girls, not money demos. I think her best deals are with Hy-Vee grocery stores and a local Buick dealership. Now she did sign with Nike and is wearing a specific shoe for the tourney and Final Four, not sure about the $s. On the flip side in the same sport the Cavinder twins have secured endorsement deals with Victoria's Secret Pink, Boost Mobile, Champs Sports, and Intruit TurboTax, among others. (Not sure they use Turbo Tax as their returns are probably more complicated and require a professional to guide them. ) Guess who is following them and guess what sells.

This is what Clark posts in Instagram
1680213270264.png

This is what the Cavinder Twins post on Instagram
1680213407785.png

Highest NIL recipient is allegedly Bronny James...six and half million.
That would be correct but On3 says he is now over $7.5 million; he really is an out layer due to pops massive presence. Of note, the top 3 NIL earners per On3 have not played 1 second of NCAA sports: Bronny James, Arch Manning (Texas football commit), and Mikey Williams (Memphis basketball commit).

Caitlin Clark is reported to be worth $192K

While each Cavinder is worth $862K

And Livvy Dunn is worth $3.4 Million

In the women's basketball top 10 NIL earners only a couple are making $s because they are good at hoops, Bueckers & Clark, while most are either hot or have some other off the sourt angle like in the case of FlauJae Johnson its because she is also a known rapper.

By the way Clark's NIL deals are basically the opposite of the hotties that are mostly dominating the female NIL action. Just like you would think from a plain Jane looking female hoops player from Iowa she is mostly about bread and butter type deals that appeal to moms and athletic girls, not money demos. I think her best deals are with Hy-Vee grocery stores and a local Buick dealership. Now she did sign with Nike and is wearing a specific shoe for the tourney and Final Four, not sure about the $s. On the flip side in the same sport the Cavinder twins have secured endorsement deals with Victoria's Secret Pink, Boost Mobile, Champs Sports, and Intruit TurboTax, among others. (Not sure they use Turbo Tax as their returns are probably more complicated and require a professional to guide them. ) Guess who is following them and guess what sells.

This is what Clark posts in Instagram
View attachment 40317

This is what the Cavinder Twins post on Instagram
View attachment 40319
Cute Converse shoes. Always stylish.

Clark is pretty amazing but she may have cost her team right there chucking another dumb quick shot in transition when they should have held for a better shot.

Whew. Clark was impressive!
SC had 49 REB to Iowa’s 25
The height advantage was pretty extraordinary. All good athletes too…6’7”, 6’5”, 6’4”. The pick and roll (Iowa)…if it’s run properly (Clark and Czinano), it can’t be stopped…all the attention goes to Clark and the Iowa big, stunningly, had about a half dozen open layups.

Last edited:
Whew. Clark was impressive!
SC had 49 REB to Iowa’s 25
Crazy right? Outlier on a graph that Iowa won with a stat like that. The Iowa team is fun to follow. They find a way and do it with Clark being Clark. It is fun to watch great teams play late season for this reason because everyone figures out their role and they unselfishly make it work, even if one player appears selfish if that makes sense?

We'll see I guess.
Guess we saw!