PAC 2023

B

Correct except the decision was made but not formally announced. Was supposed to be yesterday or today, but holiday messed with things. Should have announcement today. As Ive said this process has been done a long time ago, and in tge works for months.
We will see... You already wrong about the announcement day...

Orrville and Triway are basically bonding together and saying no more schools from Stark/Summit county. And I don't necessarily blame them. I believe the way the votes go is that if 2 schools vote no then its a no go. I could be wrong but it makes sense that they are sticking together.

Orrville and Triway are basically bonding together and saying no more schools from Stark/Summit county. And I don't necessarily blame them. I believe the way the votes go is that if 2 schools vote no then its a no go. I could be wrong but it makes sense that they are sticking together.
So they would want a Wayne County school? There are none because the WCAL is as stable as they come. Would they want West Holmes (who didn't apply, apparently)? Garaway? (Everyone seemed to love Garaway as a choice but was unsure if they'd ever leave the IVC).

So they would want a Wayne County school? There are none because the WCAL is as stable as they come. Would they want West Holmes (who didn't apply, apparently)? Garaway? (Everyone seemed to love Garaway as a choice but was unsure if they'd ever leave the IVC).
I have no idea what they would want. I tend to think it is more Triway than Orrville. I do think Mogadore would be an excellent addition to the league. Garaway had no interest at all, although I think they would be a great addition as well to the league. I did hear West Holmes had an interest but did not formally apply. I couldn't see Tuslaw, Manchester or Fairless wanting them in

Any chance Norwayne gets wandering eyes? When I think about the WCAL schools, they’re the one that sticks out to me as the most likely to disrupt the apparent harmony of the league someday. No info here, other than my own eyes and ears. Just throwing poo against a wall.

Waiting for someone to announce Manchester's new head football coach...

cat shaq GIF

@the123kidz has it over in the Jay Brophy Retirement thread here.

Looks like Kevin Stacy from Northwest is guy.
Oh man. If that's true, that's a GREAT trade off for the Panthers. They send a first ballot HOF (hugely obnoxious fan) parent to Northwest & get a SHARP dude from the Indians staff.

Also, Stacy's dad was on Lee Owens staff at Ashland. Now that Owens retired we may be looking at another father-son coaching tandem in New Franklin.

I know most would prefer someone from within the "family", but this strikes me as a great hire.

Not sure what they want, but I heard Triway pushed hard for Orrville for years before they joined the league. I could see where they'd be leary of adding teams "too far" east & north.

Honestly, league will be solidly locked in along US-30/OH-93 when CVCA leaves. They wouldn't have to rush to find someone that didn't make (most) everyone happy.

@the123kidz has it over in the Jay Brophy Retirement thread here.

Looks like Kevin Spacy from Northwest is guy.
Kevin Stacy?! Hmm....is this confirmed? He was the former boys basketball coach at Waynedale if y'all are trying to figure out where you know/heard the name before. This would shock me being that he's a NW grad, mom taught (might still teach) at NW....he teaches at NW, has young children.....doesn't seem like a move he would make right now...!?

Kevin Stacy?! Hmm....is this confirmed? He was the former boys basketball coach at Waynedale if y'all are trying to figure out where you know/heard the name before. This would shock me being that he's a NW grad, mom taught (might still teach) at NW....he teaches at NW, has young children.....doesn't seem like a move he would make right now...!?
It's confirmed my friend.

I could see why they're all content in the Metro. It's a good league.

My only thought is Akron Springfield might (key word, might) want to change leagues thinking they could compete better against the PAC and the PAC would get an even better geographical footprint with Springfield (southern Summit County) vs. CVCA (northern Summit County).

Springfield also has a history playing Northwest and Canton South in the old NBC.

Would Tuslaw, Manchester, and Fairless vote yes for Springfield? I think they would.

Would Tuslaw, Manchester, and Fairless vote yes for Coventry? I'm not sure about that.

I love the idea of Coventry coming back to the PAC, BTW, but I'm being realistic thinking about how some of the PAC schools would vote.
I brought this up sometime last year about how Springfield would be a great fit for the PAC and I was ostracized for even bringing them up.

Tell the truth, you're just salty that Manchester stole another quality dude from NW.

Teaching at NW & Coaching at Manchester is probably one of the easiest school to after-school commutes any teacher-coach could have.

I brought this up sometime last year about how Springfield would be a great fit for the PAC and I was ostracized for even bringing them up.
I remember that. It makes "big picture" sense (bigger school with bad programs playing in a smaller school league). Mogadore looks awesome to football fans, but the economics are a little tougher there.

Not sure what they want, but I heard Triway pushed hard for Orrville for years before they joined the league. I could see where they'd be leary of adding teams "too far" east & north.

Honestly, league will be solidly locked in along US-30/OH-93 when CVCA leaves. They wouldn't have to rush to find someone that didn't make (most) everyone happy.
I suspect....and I could be wrong...but the Wayne County schools likely felt like if they didn't put their foot down about Stark County teams being added that certain current PAC schools would have kept pushing Minerva and I don't blame Triway and Orrville for not wanting to add the Lions.

As for not adding any Summit County schools someone really must not want Mogadore and I think Springfield could have worked for the PAC.

Look at my last three posts. I told you it was not anyone named previously on this thread. Then I simply posted K the next two posts. K was a hint. I could not tell you because I was told to keep it quiet. K as in Kevin as in Kevin Stacy was a pretty big hint for anyone paying attention. Once again I am correct!

Manchester REALLY messed this up, they missed out on choices 1-2 with budd and Bohley which forces their hand into desperate situation. This job will be open again in 2-3 years