PAC 2023

If it is Bohley, you are in great shape going forward. You won't find another person more passionate about making this program successful. Bottom line.

Just heard that they're going to use an interim coach until the new school opens. Then they can hire a new coach and give him the title of "pool monitor" and augment the pay with state safety funds. They're trying to decide between 4 different NCAA D2 & D3 coaches.

Is that how this game is played? Did I do this right?

Just heard that they're going to use an interim coach until the new school opens. Then they can hire a new coach and give him the title of "pool monitor" and augment the pay with state safety funds. They're trying to decide between 4 different NCAA D2 & D3 coaches.

Is that how this game is played? Did I do this right?
Well I had honestly been told once Budd dropped out that France was likely the favorite of the finalists. Now if it's someone else then they must be someone who fits the teaching positions they would have open unless they created a new position which I didn't think they were planning on. Bohley had no been mentioned to me.

Sorry that I can't tell you exactly, just telling what I know.

It's not impossible!
Nothing is impossible and I don't know how good Canton South will be this year. If Dover figures out their QB situation then they could be extremely tough. Bringing back a lot of contributors along with almost the entire offensive line and a 3rd team All-Ohio RB.

Well I had honestly been told once Budd dropped out that France was likely the favorite of the finalists. Now if it's someone else then they must be someone who fits the teaching positions they would have open unless they created a new position which I didn't think they were planning on. Bohley had no been mentioned to me.

Possibly a NW asst. my guess is on that.

Heard although Budd has credentials, his reputation of job hopping was not received warmly. I know for a fact that the teaching position has been discussed to the smallest detail. As I said before, when some thought I was playing a game, a lot of what was leaked, assumed, or spoken was pure speculation. There is and was a high level of privacy because of other obligations and professionalism. This process started well before Jay retired.

Nothing is impossible and I don't know how good Canton South will be this year. If Dover figures out their QB situation then they could be extremely tough. Bringing back a lot of contributors along with almost the entire offensive line and a 3rd team All-Ohio RB.
With Snyder at QB for South every game they play is within reach but they do graduate some pretty heavy contributors and don't have a ton behind them coming up

Heard although Budd has credentials, his reputation of job hopping was not received warmly. I know for a fact that the teaching position has been discussed to the smallest detail. As I said before, when some thought I was playing a game, a lot of what was leaked, assumed, or spoken was pure speculation. There is and was a high level of privacy because of other obligations and professionalism. This process started well before Jay retired.
Job hopping? Dude was HC at St Thomas and Jackson. Job hopping is more Mauro than him.

This job has really taken some interesting turns. Makes me feel like they have struggled to get who they've wanted

Job hopping? Dude was HC at St Thomas and Jackson. Job hopping is more Mauro than him.

This job has really taken some interesting turns. Makes me feel like they have struggled to get who they've wanted
I don’t think many turns at all. I think more people speculating than anything. Will know tomorrow or Tuesday at latest

With Snyder at QB for South every game they play is within reach but they do graduate some pretty heavy contributors and don't have a ton behind them coming up
This is the $64,000 question. Who is left to help Poochie outscore everyone else? He will be the most dynamic player on the field every Friday night. But is there enough around him? Or enough on the defensive side? No matter what, can’t wait to follow his senior season.

It’s way too early to break everything down. But thinking back to last year, Orrville “arrived” a year early. Think they may have a good run in them for the next couple of seasons.

This is the $64,000 question. Who is left to help Poochie outscore everyone else? He will be the most dynamic player on the field every Friday night. But is there enough around him? Or enough on the defensive side? No matter what, can’t wait to follow his senior season.

It’s way too early to break everything down. But thinking back to last year, Orrville “arrived” a year early. Think they may have a good run in them for the next couple of seasons.
I think they will have enough and more!

Dammit will I be able to have This Budd's For You tee shirts made for the Manchester Tavern?

Viva La France is catchy and might work but it's not as hot as This Budd's For You.

I am expecting Orrville to be very good next year!

Dammit will I be able to have This Budd's For You tee shirts made for the Manchester Tavern?

Viva La France is catchy and might work but it's not as hot as This Budd's For You.
Guaranteed more folks in New Franklin will understand "This Budd's For You" than will "Viva La France".

Can almost hear a Panther grandma, Marlboro handing from her lip, "What the ___ kinda name is Vivala?"

Guaranteed more folks in New Franklin will understand "This Budd's For You" than will "Viva La France".

Can almost hear a Panther grandma, Marlboro handing from her lip, "What the ___ kinda name is Vivala?"
You're right and this tuff New Franklin crowd formed the heart of the former Sparkle Market customer base.

B
Decision supposedly announced Saturday: France, Doylestown coach & NW QB coach are final 3. Straight from the horse's mouth.
Correct except the decision was made but not formally announced. Was supposed to be yesterday or today, but holiday messed with things. Should have announcement today. As Ive said this process has been done a long time ago, and in tge works for months.

While I see definite advantages staying at 7 PAC schools, if the league insists on adding an 8th school, I could see the following scenario:

CVCA to Metro
Akron Springfield to PAC

Springfield has been terrible forever and might want a change to help their teams be more competitive. Springfield fits the geographic wishes of the PAC - Stark/Summit/Wayne Counties. Springfield doesn't upset the apple cart with the Tuslaws, Manchesters, and Fairlesses of the world who likely want an easier league opponent than what CVCA is. Springfield isn't too far of a travel destination; in fact it's closer than CVCA.

Minerva is too far east and is even worse than Springfield. Marlington fits in a lot of ways but is too far east. I do not see a private school being admitted (Central Catholic) after CVCA just left.

I don't know. Just another crazy idea from me.

While I see definite advantages staying at 7 PAC schools, if the league insists on adding an 8th school, I could see the following scenario:

CVCA to Metro
Akron Springfield to PAC

Springfield has been terrible forever and might want a change to help their teams be more competitive. Springfield fits the geographic wishes of the PAC - Stark/Summit/Wayne Counties. Springfield doesn't upset the apple cart with the Tuslaws, Manchesters, and Fairlesses of the world who likely want an easier league opponent than what CVCA is. Springfield isn't too far of a travel destination; in fact it's closer than CVCA.

Minerva is too far east and is even worse than Springfield. Marlington fits in a lot of ways but is too far east. I do not see a private school being admitted (Central Catholic) after CVCA just left.

I don't know. Just another crazy idea from me.
CVCA to the Metro makes a lot of sense IMO. There are a number of Metro schools that would fit in the PAC, I don't don't get the sense that any of them were/are looking to leave the Metro. Even my favorite potential add, Coventry, I believe is content in the Metro.

CVCA to the Metro makes a lot of sense IMO. There are a number of Metro schools that would fit in the PAC, I don't don't get the sense that any of them were/are looking to leave the Metro. Even my favorite potential add, Coventry, I believe is content in the Metro.
I could see why they're all content in the Metro. It's a good league.

My only thought is Akron Springfield might (key word, might) want to change leagues thinking they could compete better against the PAC and the PAC would get an even better geographical footprint with Springfield (southern Summit County) vs. CVCA (northern Summit County).

Springfield also has a history playing Northwest and Canton South in the old NBC.

Would Tuslaw, Manchester, and Fairless vote yes for Springfield? I think they would.

Would Tuslaw, Manchester, and Fairless vote yes for Coventry? I'm not sure about that.

I love the idea of Coventry coming back to the PAC, BTW, but I'm being realistic thinking about how some of the PAC schools would vote.

My understanding is that there were only 2 schools to officially apply.....Louisville and Mogadore. Mogadore had some good support but the Wayne County schools voted no. There was not much support for Louisville. Sandy Valley and Minerva were interested (moreso Minerva) and had the support of most, but they knew Wayne County would vote no so they did not waste any more time and did not formally apply.

I totally understand and do not blame Wayne County for their decision but it looks like the PAC will remain at 7 for the foreseeable future.

If Orrville and Triway were to ever tire of the travel and looked elsewhere, I could see this as the new PAC:

Canton South, Carrollton, Fairless, Manchester, Minerva, Northwest, Sandy Valley, Tuslaw.

Backyard Rivalries: CS/SV Carrollton/Minerva Manchester/NW Fairless/Tuslaw

Interesting that Triway and Orrville wouldn't want Mogadore? To me, that's within the PAC geographic "zone" of western Stark, southern Summit, and Wayne County.

I get why Wayne County would be against Minerva and SV.

Seven schools can work, no doubt.

Last edited:
Mogadore is closer to both Orrville and Triway than CVCA was...Mogadore to Orrville 35 minutes, Mogadore to Triway more like 55-60 minutes but the 2 have played non league. I'd rather Mogadore try again to form a league with the following:
Mogadore, Rootstown, Ravenna Southeast, Mogadore Field, Springfield, Coventry, Atwater Waterloo, Manchester. But never happen...