College Football 2022-2023

That was an embarrassing meltdown by Arkansas last night. How do you have no one on your hands team attack the football on an onside kick?

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Pittman almost got dunked on by Kansas for trying to run the score up instead of just running out the clock with a 15 point lead.

The Holiday Bowl field was a complete mess yesterday and if I was a player I would have possibly sat it out. It was soaking wet and there were huge divots of sod in the part of the field that covered the baseball infield; Mack Brown posted this picture of an inch gap between where the temp sod met the outfield grass. They sprayed green paint in the gap to make it look like a solid piece of turf on TV. Reminded me of the gap in the Astroturf at old Vet Stadium in Phila.

xffh3fdzxuud1gw8zwrj.jpg

False perception or has this been a particularly good bowl season?
I think it’s always a good bowl season. A lot of people complain there are too many bowl games, and some are duds, but most of them are two teams playing hard and trying to end the season with a win…and celebrating when they do. And they should. Major college football is a grind. Ending a very long season with a bowl win should always be gratifying.

PAC 12 pretty tough. Second best conference this year?
Hard to say. It was early, but that Georgia demolition of Oregon…and Florida beating Utah…still cloud my judgment. Of course, Washington State won at Wisky, so who knows?

I do see the Big 12 and SEC have each only won one bowl game so far…and the one win for each was against the other (Arkansas over Kansas…Texas Tech over Ole Miss).

I think it’s always a good bowl season. A lot of people complain there are too many bowl games, and some are duds, but most of them are two teams playing hard and trying to end the season with a win…and celebrating when they do. And they should. Major college football is a grind. Ending a very long season with a bowl win should always be gratifying.
How important is it when so many players are sitting these games out? That is giving it their best shot? For some teams it is a practice game to get a look at their bench players.

How important is it when so many players are sitting these games out? That is giving it their best shot? For some teams it is a practice game to get a look at their bench players.
The players on the field are typically giving it their best shot. In today’s NIL/portal/draft preparation over playing real football world that is now college football…it’s the best you can expect.

The players on the field are typically giving it their best shot. In today’s NIL/portal/draft preparation over playing real football world that is now college football…it’s the best you can expect.
That's my take too. Players have been genuinely upset after mistakes and genuinely happy when making a good play. The same smack talk is talked. The players aren't "practicing." They're trying to win a game with their team.

It's probably easier to thing about NILs and draft spot while sitting in the lounger snacking on dip than when a 240lb LB is gunning for you.

Ok, so here's my thoughts on the games tomorrow.

TCU over Michigan - yes, my premise is that Michigan And Ohio State simply are not that good. They were given high rankings early in the season and as we know, unless you lose, you don't drop. The big ten was horrendously trash this season, even worse than normal. Outside of the Ohio State game, Michigan's best win is at home vs. Penn State, who I've questioned all season. TCU has more quality wins than anyone in the country. The big 12 gets knocked for being weak, but that league is better top to bottom than the big ten, and it's not close.

Georgia over Ohio State - Part of me sees this as a 2015 Buckeye season, where they got an invite to the playoffs that I feel wasn't deserved, but they upset Alabama in the semis and won it all a week later. But Georgia's been so solid all year. Since the Buckeyes ripped Iowa in October, it's been a struggle for them, other than the Indiana game and they are just horrible. I just think while it may be close for a quarter, or possibly to half, Georgia's consistency and balance on both sides will prevail. Somehow, Stetson Bennett continues to get overlooked but all he does is win. Georgia's going to have to commit some turnovers for Ohio State to win this game.

Ok, so here's my thoughts on the games tomorrow.

TCU over Michigan - yes, my premise is that Michigan And Ohio State simply are not that good. They were given high rankings early in the season and as we know, unless you lose, you don't drop. The big ten was horrendously trash this season, even worse than normal. Outside of the Ohio State game, Michigan's best win is at home vs. Penn State, who I've questioned all season. TCU has more quality wins than anyone in the country. The big 12 gets knocked for being weak, but that league is better top to bottom than the big ten, and it's not close.

Georgia over Ohio State - Part of me sees this as a 2015 Buckeye season, where they got an invite to the playoffs that I feel wasn't deserved, but they upset Alabama in the semis and won it all a week later. But Georgia's been so solid all year. Since the Buckeyes ripped Iowa in October, it's been a struggle for them, other than the Indiana game and they are just horrible. I just think while it may be close for a quarter, or possibly to half, Georgia's consistency and balance on both sides will prevail. Somehow, Stetson Bennett continues to get overlooked but all he does is win. Georgia's going to have to commit some turnovers for Ohio State to win this game.
You watched the Big 12 this bowl season and you pick TCU because the B1G is trash?

The B1G is about to go to 3-0 in bowls so far, and Mike Locksley is about to find out what it feels like to be covered in Duke’s mayo.

You watched the Big 12 this bowl season and you pick TCU because the B1G is trash?
If you're watching more than a few bowl games you need something else to do bro. Most schools have so many guys who've either opted out or are in the transfer portal. Can't gauge anything from the bowls so far.

If you're watching more than a few bowl games you need something else to do bro. Most schools have so many guys who've either opted out or are in the transfer portal. Can't gauge anything from the bowls so far.
I’ve only had time to watch a few, but I’ve seen the scores of all of them. The Big 12 and SEC are not doing well, so far.

Pitt choking so bad.
Wow! What a fun game to watch! I’ve only got to watch a few bowl games this year, but I’m glad this was one of them. Very nice win for Pitt.

Yeah, I know…I know…bowl games don’t matter. Unless it’s a good bowl season for the SEC, then we have to hear about it ad nauseam.

Wow! What a fun game to watch! I’ve only got to watch a few bowl games this year, but I’m glad this was one of them. Very nice win for Pitt.

Yeah, I know…I know…bowl games don’t matter. Unless it’s a good bowl season for the SEC, then we have to hear about it ad nauseam.
Wyoming fans made the trip to Az. Can't see the Ohio side.
Watched the Toledo bball game done by Barstool. At the desk, they're pretty douchy but during game, they ask questions of the coaches you'd actually like to hear the answer to.