Toledo Area Basketball 22-23

What the heck is going on at Emmanuel Christian. I heard coach was suspended and can confirm he wasn’t at the AW game last night. Maybe a recruiting violation? Anybody got the scoop?

Yes I thought maybe was a recruiting violation but been hearing way more serious accusations between Coach and player during a game last week.

That would be an insane loss for EC, especially with how much local talent has congregated there in the last year or so.

I guess we will find out whether Easter did indeed leave come Saturday.

That would be an insane loss for EC, especially with how much local talent has congregated there in the last year or so.

I guess we will find out whether Easter did indeed leave come Saturday.
Could he potentially go to another school and play immediately if there was some kind of abuse or something by a coach?

Could he potentially go to another school and play immediately if there was some kind of abuse or something by a coach?
His "other school" would most likely be a prep/outside any state athletic association I feel. They definitely do not care about transfer rules.

NLL Games Today
Northview (1-1) @ Napoleon (1-1)
Southview (0-2) @ Bowling Green (1-1)
Springfield (1-1) @ Maumee (0-3)
Perrysburg (2-0) @ Anthony Wayne (3-0)

Standings
AW 3-0
PB 2-0
NV, SP, BG, Nap 1-1
SV 0-2
M 0-3

Some good games all around the league, I think this may be Perrysburg’s toughest test left in league play but with teams 2-8 all playing each other close I do think someone else could give them a game at some point if the Generals don’t tonight. Every other game tonight should be pretty competitive.

Perrysburg has already easily beaten two of the picks to be at the top of the league in BG on the road and Northview at home out of the gate and look like the clear favorites. Anthony Wayne could be a contender after beating Maumee comfortably at home but they barely escaped the Panthers and Springfield on the road, teams picked at the bottom of the conference. BG has a win at Napoleon. Northview a win vs Southview. Springfield topped Southview as well and lastly Napoleon has a win at Maumee.

Disappointed that OG isn't on Perrysburg's schedule this year. I don't know how good Walnut Ridge is, but I don't see anyone else on their schedule that can challenge them. Rossford might have a chance if Perrysburg doesn't shoot well, but they'd need the Jackets to go 5-26 or something like that.

Disappointed that OG isn't on Perrysburg's schedule this year. I don't know how good Walnut Ridge is, but I don't see anyone else on their schedule that can challenge them. Rossford might have a chance if Perrysburg doesn't shoot well, but they'd need the Jackets to go 5-26 or something like that.
OG and Pburg haven't played since the 18-19 season. Not sure what happened....they were usually pretty good games

Walnut Ridge is currently 2–2. But they just lost by 25 to Africentric in the past week and gave up 100 to them.

The Anthony Wayne games will probably be somewhat close just because they always are as the teams don’t really like each other very much. Also, I believe Northview will give them a much better game at home. Pburg was up 30 at halftime and basically coasted in the second half as they actually tied on the scoreboard.

Outside of that, I think most of the other games Perrysburg should win easily. The one thing that most people don’t realize is that Perrysburg plays really really good defense. They are very long and athletic. Of the seven regular players everyone except the Schultz kid is over 6-2 and again very long and athletic. And he’s actually gotten much bigger and stronger since last year and teams pretty much have to face guard him, which really frees up the other players, especially Watkins.

Outside of that, I think most of the other games Perrysburg should win easily. The one thing that most people don’t realize is that Perrysburg plays really really good defense. They are very long and athletic. Of the seven regular players everyone except the Schultz kid is over 6-2 and again very long and athletic. And he’s actually gotten much bigger and stronger since last year and teams pretty much have to face guard him, which really frees up the other players, especially Watkins.

Perrysburg is intriguing to me. Boyce always excels when he has a team like this. Every starter is an athletic 6'3" to 6'5" (ish) and they execute his half court zone very well. They ran Whitmer off the court last year and I give them the edge this season (next Tuesday).

Tournament time is always a different story but I put Perrysburg #1 and Whitmer #2 at the moment.

Outside of simply uber talented teams the best HS squads IMO are the ones where every kid is 6'3-6'5 and athletic enough to handle the ball. It makes for a tough D and always creates a mismatch on the offensive end. They have a tendency to kill teams in transition as they are, as you mention, relatively long and athletic. I'm not ready to crown this Jacket team state champs but the great teams always have that knack of being very unselfish with the W as the end goal over any personal accolades and this team has some of that.

The 90' Scott state title team was this way. Scoop Williams was 6'5/6'6 and technically their "post" guy but he could bring the ball up if needed and ran the floor very well not to mention their other starters were all 6'3/6'4/6'5ish and they were a very cohesive and unselfish group.

Outside of simply uber talented teams the best HS squads IMO are the ones where every kid is 6'3-6'5 and athletic enough to handle the ball. It makes for a tough D and always creates a mismatch on the offensive end. They have a tendency to kill teams in transition as they are, as you mention, relatively long and athletic. I'm not ready to crown this Jacket team state champs but the great teams always have that knack of being very unselfish with the W as the end goal over any personal accolades and this team has some of that.

The 90' Scott state title team was this way. Scoop Williams was 6'5/6'6 and technically their "post" guy but he could bring the ball up if needed and ran the floor very well not to mention their other starters were all 6'3/6'4/6'5ish and they were a very cohesive and unselfish group.
Agree. That said, they have a LONG way to go to be in the "state" conversation. But they have the makeup to make a deep run and be a tough out in the tournament.

The only starter that isn't over 6-2 is Austin Schultz. He's probably 5-10 maybe 5-11 now. But he's one of the best shooters in the area and has expanded his game to be more than just a "shooter". He takes the ball to the basket and will also pull up and hit a mid ranger jumper off the dribble. And the two main reserves (Hubbard and McEwen) are 6-2 (maybe 6-3?) and 6-4.

They have played well so far. Hopefully they can keep it up.

This is an apt description of Ottawa-Glandorf most years. Add to that how fundamentally sound they are, catch the ball with two hands, square up to the basket etc.