Concerts. 2021 and beyond.

8 December, Hobart in Troy.
Night Ranger!!!!

Isnt there someone in here who slings drinks at Hobart as a PT gig?

Still looking into 1 Dec WASP in Versailles. Wasnt a huge fan of them, but did have a tape or two and Lawless' voice is awesome, and by his interviews they are bringing a massive show to these small venues.

Great White in January.
Stryper early spring i think in Versailles as well.

20 November, Warrant in Lima Ohio. Wonder if sales are slow on that, I already received an email about free tix through an organization I belong to. Unfortunately, probably in PIttsburgh for the game that night.
I'll be there :)

Some of yall listen to Eddie Trunk on SXM and he rants about that dynamic pricing, as he should.

As he says (and he has managed bands etc) the artist usually wrings his hands of the pricing but in reality they have as much control over it as they want actually. Most just blame the broker and go about their business, but if they truly wanted to have reasonable prices....they could
This.

Bruce Springsteen is taking a lot of heat as he was the 1st to do this dynamic pricing for a full tour, also caught heck for the way he ran ticketing for the Broadway run he recently did. He did did come out and say it really is about the $s and that is he has earned the right to do things his way. Well he did start as the guy that was the voice of the working man but has morphed into a coastal élite that plays for the John Stewart crowd. His biggest idol was Woody Guthrie, could you see the dud below pricing tickets to a show like the Boss is?

68k6lvq11ta51.gif

I've been a big fan of Jelly Roll for several years now. Prior to branching out into country he was an underground southern hip hop star. I've not had the opportunity to see him live but I know a few people who have and they all say he is great. He was suppose to be at Bogarts in 2020 with Tech9 when covid hit and Tech9 did the show later but Jelly Roll was replaced with another act. He's somewhere in Columbus early in December but I heard the show is already sold-out.

Just saw that Voices of America park in West Chester announced a big 3 day music festival August 11-13 with Dan and Shay, Old Dominion, Chris Young and Alabama as the headliners. So far Jake Owen, Lainey Wilson, Jodee Messina, Riley Green and several other up and comers have been announced as part of the lineup. VOA is less than 5 miles from my front door. Tickets for all three days are right at $200. I definitely be there that weekend.
Jelly Roll is playing the Celeste Center at the Fairgrounds. I have not seen a show there but a friend did and said it really stinks, high ceiling and they only use a portion of the room so the sound has a lot of echo and gets lost.

Interesting looking place to hold a festival, have they ever done one before?

Jelly Roll is playing the Celeste Center at the Fairgrounds. I have not seen a show there but a friend did and said it really stinks, high ceiling and they only use a portion of the room so the sound has a lot of echo and gets lost.

Interesting looking place to hold a festival, have they ever done one before?
Not like that. Some local stuff but no festival with big names. I'm going to give the first run a shot.

BMI in Versailles just announced Stephan pearcy...RATT, in march.

Also....firehouse and Frank hannon of Tesla. Will have to research if he'll be doin Tesla and which era.

Metallica announced some stadium dates for 2023 & 2024! The current angle is if you want to lock into good seats you need to buy tickets to both dates per venue including the 2024 dates. Nothing like letting Ticketmastrer sit on your cash for 18 months:

From their website:
I see there are two shows in the same city in one weekend. What’s the deal?
Each city will be a no-repeat weekend! Metallica will play two completely different setlists each night, with two other opening acts for each show.

Are only two-day tickets available?
Yes, currently, only two-day tickets are available. By purchasing a two-day ticket, you gain access to both shows at the venue you have purchased for.

Will single-day tickets be available?
Yes, a limited number of single-show tickets will be available on January 20, 2023. More information will be announced closer to the release of these tickets.

Last edited:
Trubj
Metallica announced some stadium dates for 2023 & 2024! The current angle is if you want to lock into good seats you need to buy tickets to both dates per venue including the 2024 dates. Nothing like letting Ticketmastrer sit on your cash for 18 months:

From their wwebsTrub
Trunk had callers avlut it....LL seemed pleased with the pricing and able to get tixx. Apparently first selling for both shows in the city with difff sets

Saw Night Ranger last Night at Troy as well.

Guys still have it. Jack Blade and Brad Gillis, Phil Keagy are studs...

It's not really on her. It's Ticketmaster, which is one of the worst companies on earth
It is mostly Ticketmaster but the artists agrees to the dynamic pricing strategy and they can set limits to the cost. Bruce Springsteen kind of let the cat out of the bag when he admitted to working with Ticketmaster in how this new way of ticket selling would be set up and that there would be no cap to pricing. The process isn't the worst part of Ticketmaster though, it is the fact they control both the promotion side, Live Nation, and the sales side for over 80% of the venues in the US and Canada. I call that a monopoly.

It is mostly Ticketmaster but the artists agrees to the dynamic pricing strategy and they can set limits to the cost. Bruce Springsteen kind of let the cat out of the bag when he admitted to working with Ticketmaster in how this new way of ticket selling would be set up and that there would be no cap to pricing. The process isn't the worst part of Ticketmaster though, it is the fact they control both the promotion side, Live Nation, and the sales side for over 80% of the venues in the US and Canada. I call that a monopoly.
She did not use dynamic pricing. There were VIP packs and standard tickets. Pricing did not fluctuate like Springsteen, Harry Styles, etc tickets earlier this year

Garth Brooks sells out in minutes, and keeps prices at what he wants.
I believe they somewhat restrict what zips can order for certain shows so scalpers from wherever cannot gobble them all up.
From my work computer I tried and it was blocked with an error message because the VPN zip shows me well out of the area.

Recall somewhat recently, the Wash Caps restricted zip codes in the Pittsburgh area from buying tickets to SC Playoff games there to keep as many Pens out as they want.

Eddie Trunk talks about it often enough that many artists hide behind plausible deniability in terms of tickets and pricing.

----------------break----------------

Mr. Tesoro: Great show, eh! Many they can still bring it. Glad they added in Rumours song (that wasnt on some of the recent setlists) and I had forgotten about until they started! Had to chuckle on the Trunk show before the show someone brought up how Styx/NR/Nugent should go on tour and end up the show with Damn Yankees songs!
Thought it was interesting how they came up with their name, or, how they had to change it last second!!

Onto January for Great White (they are in Pierres in FW next weekend, but prolly wait until Jan) and with Stryper, Steven Pearcy (Ratt) and a guy from Tesla all coming to Versailles in the next 6 months it could be a good time.

A Dave from Versailles area called in about the W.A.S.P. show, saw some vids, wish I woulda made that one. Cool lil venue there at BMI.

Rock on yappers, rock on.

Garth Brooks sells out in minutes, and keeps prices at what he wants.
I believe they somewhat restrict what zips can order for certain shows so scalpers from wherever cannot gobble them all up.
From my work computer I tried and it was blocked with an error message because the VPN zip shows me well out of the area.

Recall somewhat recently, the Wash Caps restricted zip codes in the Pittsburgh area from buying tickets to SC Playoff games there to keep as many Pens out as they want.

Eddie Trunk talks about it often enough that many artists hide behind plausible deniability in terms of tickets and pricing.

----------------break----------------

Mr. Tesoro: Great show, eh! Many they can still bring it. Glad they added in Rumours song (that wasnt on some of the recent setlists) and I had forgotten about until they started! Had to chuckle on the Trunk show before the show someone brought up how Styx/NR/Nugent should go on tour and end up the show with Damn Yankees songs!
Thought it was interesting how they came up with their name, or, how they had to change it last second!!

Onto January for Great White (they are in Pierres in FW next weekend, but prolly wait until Jan) and with Stryper, Steven Pearcy (Ratt) and a guy from Tesla all coming to Versailles in the next 6 months it could be a good time.

A Dave from Versailles area called in about the W.A.S.P. show, saw some vids, wish I woulda made that one. Cool lil venue there at BMI.

Rock on yappers, rock on.
They sure can still bring it!!!

Have always loved Rumors in the Air. Great tune. Was never a big fan of Damn Yankees but loved hearing Coming of Age. Something magical in my mind about NR music. Brings me back to some great times in my life.

The Zac Brown Band w/ some dates including the great Marcus King announced a tour this morning and there will be 2 dates in Ohio: Friday, 6/30 at Nationwide Arena & Saturday, 8/5 at Tom Benson Stadium as part of the HOF Weekend.

zac-brown-band-admat-2022-billboard-1240.jpg

Last edited:
They sure can still bring it!!!

Have always loved Rumors in the Air. Great tune. Was never a big fan of Damn Yankees but loved hearing Coming of Age. Something magical in my mind about NR music. Brings me back to some great times in my life.
When I was checking rge setlistast week I had forgotten he was in DY and was stoked they would be doing two songs....saw them in HS back in the day.

Saw 4-5 from my hometown there ...figured I would see some.

When I was checking rge setlistast week I had forgotten he was in DY and was stoked they would be doing two songs....saw them in HS back in the day.

Saw 4-5 from my hometown there ...figured I would see some.
I was hoping to see a few more that I knew.

Disappointing not to see any youngsters really.

Just heard an interview where a rock critic called this the best 30 days ever for live music at 1 venue. Place was the Boston Tea Party and tickets were all less then $5.00 with no fees :) 6 acts are now in the Hall of Fame and Eric Clapton played with Delaney & Bonnie & Friends.

5883962c1700008a0192b6ee.jpg

Eric Church announced his summer tour today and he has 2 stopes in Ohio:

Tickets for the Cincinnati show go on sale 1/20. Looks like it will be Church, Travis Tritt and Muscadine Bloodline at that show. Travis Tritt will be good. I saw him with Brooks and Dunn earlier this year, but I would have preferred Whiskey Myers, Cody Jinks or Midland.