Notre Dame

I do not think Freeman has the wherewithal to replace Rees, which is a shame. Against Stanford on 4th and goal and last night on their first 3rd and short Rees called a bastardized fly sweep play which in both instances was blown up. The Irish oline was superior in both instances and Estime weighs 240lbs. Heck, a PA pass to Mayer gives you a better than 50% shot. As the season has worn on Rees has protected Pyne but there is only so much you can do. I honestly believe Pyne would struggle to start in the MAC and as we have pointed out countless times the ND QB room is ALL on Rees. Outside of a one year stint at Northwestern and the Chargers as a quality control guy Rees has been a Kelly guy. It is all he knows. We can do better.
In fairness to Rees, he has no options at QB 🤷🏿

Williams deserved to win tonight. Notre Dame couldn’t get off the field on D nearly enough, and you need an offense that can match score for score and Pyne just isn’t that guy, even though his numbers were pretty solid tonight. His fumble on the mesh to start the second half and horrible interception late over the middle that sealed the game were too much to overcome.

Time to hit the transfer portal for a QB and at least one additional WR, solidify a top recruiting class, hopefully replace Tommy Rees, and put a decent but not good 8-4 year in the rear view mirror.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Sam Hartmann from Wake.

Next year, make sure those finger nails are actually black. Stomo on this cok suckers hands
DDDD9774-F1E0-4477-A2BF-B2AF4F0EAA64.jpeg

I feel much better about Freeman’s prospects long term as HC. Given how the season started and the severe limitations at QB, 8-4 is a pretty good record for the year.

Still not sold on Rees, and if they can’t get a Portal QB, he really needs to be gone. He’s good with Xs and Os but he’s at fault for the QB situation being so bad.

Not Lol, it’s the truth. McNamara isn’t good enough to help them win those games. Buchner would be a better choice at that point.
Wrong.

I’d take Hartman as well. Not in a position to put our eggs in one basket. Hartman is no guarantee. Unsure why you struggle with that.

Wrong.

I’d take Hartman as well. Not in a position to put our eggs in one basket. Hartman is no guarantee. Unsure why you struggle with that.
I agree about not going all in on one guy, that’s how they nearly got f’d for QB in the current class. My point was they need to aim higher than McNamara to start the search. Card is officially in the portal and I’d take him over McNamara.

Even though I would love OSU to snag Armstrong as a grad transfer bridge to Raiola, he would be a solid pickup for ND.

Drew Pyne is entering the transfer portal. Best wishes to him at his next destination. All things considered, he did pretty well for being placed into action in a tough spot he shouldn’t really have been in.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …