Notre Dame

Drew Pyne is entering the transfer portal. Best wishes to him at his next destination. All things considered, he did pretty well for being placed into action in a tough spot he shouldn’t really have been in.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Sounds like Buchner will start the Bowl game.

No, he was awful this year.
Statistically for sure. But considering the overhaul in staff with the coaching change, transfers out (i.e. Oluwatimi to TTUN), and an abysmal O-line, he was set up for failure. Not saying some of it's not on him, but IMO, he has more to show.

Statistically for sure. But considering the overhaul in staff with the coaching change, transfers out (i.e. Oluwatimi to TTUN), and an abysmal O-line, he was set up for failure. Not saying some of it's not on him, but IMO, he has more to show.
It’s a major risk, just like Van Dyke from Miami.

Also, somewhat related to ND, Jason Garrett is a finalist for the Stanford job. It would be nice to get him out of the booth. He and young Colinsworth were not good.

Also, somewhat related to ND, Jason Garrett is a finalist for the Stanford job. It would be nice to get him out of the booth. He and young Colinsworth were not good.
Garrett already said he declined the job and is sticking to the booth.

Garrett already said he declined the job and is sticking to the booth.
Garrett staying at NBC is a loss for every sports fan, especially Notre Dame fans who have to listen to his robotic comments. Some guys just aren’t cut out for TV, even though they have a good understanding of football.

Garrett staying at NBC is a loss for every sports fan, especially Notre Dame fans who have to listen to his robotic comments. Some guys just aren’t cut out for TV, even though they have a good understanding of football.

Agreed. He knows his stuff, but he’s just boring. It doesn’t help having an inexperienced play by play guy with him.

Michael Mayer's snub as country's best tight end was egregious...and I'm not a Notre Dame fan. He WAS the offense and had much better stats than the player who won. He has been the backbone of the offense for several yrs. Confusing.

Michael Mayer's snub as country's best tight end was egregious...and I'm not a Notre Dame fan. He WAS the offense and had much better stats than the player who won. He has been the backbone of the offense for several yrs. Confusing.
I don’t pay attention to individual awards since they are meaningless, but who won? Bowers? If so, I’d be OK with it since Bowers and Mayer are easily the two most dominant TEs in college football.

I don’t pay attention to individual awards since they are meaningless, but who won? Bowers? If so, I’d be OK with it since Bowers and Mayer are easily the two most dominant TEs in college football.

Bowers is clearly a stud and makes a ton of big plays. That said, Mayer’s stat line was substantially better.