Western Buckeye League 2022

I agree. The Visitor side in Trotwood is very small. No way it's big enough to hold all of either Wapakoneta's or Badin's fans.

Agree they'll be in the running at least! The red zone execution is what worries me the most, but that's a fixable problem.

Commisso and Phillips will be the toughest to replace, and I would have loved to see the offense with a full year of Nichols. But it's exciting knowing that MOST of the names we heard on a play by play basis all season will be back, and some of them even for 2 years.

Wapak will be tough to beat again, the likes of VW and SM just know how to win. Not sure what Celina has coming back, and I'm not sure if an Elida or Shawnee could take the next step. But I see no reason we can't conservatively go into next season at least thinking top 3, and considering score wise only one game this year was a true blowout, there's no reason these kids should be intimidated by the big boys. They proved they can hang with anyone. Now it's time to put in the work and take that next step!

I love the enthusiasm! Not sure I share it as far as league title goes just yet, but I'd be disappointed if 2023 wasn't a 7 or 8 win season which puts them in the discussion.
Commissio and Phillips will not be the hardest to replace as they have a ton of athletes in those positions. Now what's really going to hurt is losing Castillo after next season. Someone will have to step up. But that's another year away. This year they have plenty of athletes to step up.

D1 R2 Springfield vs. Centerville is at Northmont Stadium. It doesn't appear that Piqua is hosting any games this weekend.
Thanks for the insight. After looking into it, I guess Trotwood is more central to both schools anyways. Piqua is about half the trip as what it would be for Badin. Also hearing Trotwood seating is less than favorable for visitors- Wapak will fill that up and be annoyed by the lack of room I am sure..

Aiden Pratt wins offensive back of the year after having it stolen last year lol. Wapak leads all teams with 18 total awards, Van Wert with 17.

This is obviously off topic. First, very cool for SM and OSU. Second, and I don't remember which thread we were talking about this, but it was about St Marys officially being called Memorial High School (although nobody actually calls it that). Looks a bit weird/unrecognizable in the graphic being listed as Memorial HS. Just thought it was funny/relevant to that discussion we were having.

This is obviously off topic. First, very cool for SM and OSU. Second, and I don't remember which thread we were talking about this, but it was about St Marys officially being called Memorial High School (although nobody actually calls it that). Looks a bit weird/unrecognizable in the graphic being listed as Memorial HS. Just thought it was funny/relevant to that discussion we were having.

Memorial, St Marys, who gives a rats a** - whole town is a garbage can :ROFLMAO:

Wapak bows out of the playoffs in the regional semifinals, ending their WBL championship season at 11-2 overall. Congrats to them on a fine season.

I listened to the radio broadcast of the Badin-Wapak game. I heard a lot of noise from cowbells when Badin made a big play. Did St Marys do their typical schtick where they go to Wapak playoff games and root against them or is Badin a fanbase that uses cowbells? Just curious.

Wapak bows out of the playoffs in the regional semifinals, ending their WBL championship season at 11-2 overall. Congrats to them on a fine season.

I listened to the radio broadcast of the Badin-Wapak game. I heard a lot of noise from cowbells when Badin made a big play. Did St Marys do their typical schtick where they go to Wapak playoff games and root against them or is Badin a fanbase that uses cowbells? Just curious.
I was there. Didn't see any St. Marys fans. There was a good Badin crowd there though, and they were into the game.

Congrats to Van Wert on an exceptional season. Third straight trip to the regional finals. Very proud of how well the Cougars represented the WBL.

Final WBL Standings
Van Wert (12-2)
Wapakoneta (11-2) *League Champions
St Marys Memorial (9-3)
Defiance (7-5)
Celina (6-5)
Elida (4-6)
Shawnee (4-6)
Ottawa-Glandorf (2-8)
Kenton (1-9)
Bath (0-10)

The distant past is the distant past. The WBL has been a stable league and I think it will remain that way. However, I can think of 1 or 2 of the smaller schools that don't compete that should at least assess their league affiliation. Bath is one of them. Not saying leaving is the best option, but it should be assessed and looked into.

Bath out, LCC in. Sounds easy enough.
LCC is Divsion VII in football. They don’t need to be joining a league with several Division III schools. Honestly, if Bath was to leave, Napoleon would be a better fit in the WBL rather than the NLL. I don’t think LCC or Lima Sr. will ever be in the WBL. Kenton is a whole other topic…

I'd honestly think if *anyone* left, at this point the league would want to get to 8 than add the options available. Napoleon is another long trip for all but Defiance and Ottawa. LB would be the smallest school in the league. LCC is D7 AND has the private school recruiting stigma. Lima Sr. is a no. Not sure anyone would be excited about any of the options.

If hypothetically Bath left, I'd imagine pressure gets high on Kenton or Defiance to find a new home. They wouldn't be kicked out, but if any league was interested they'd probably be highly encouraged to jump.

I don't see any changes anytime soon. But the list of potentials isn't good.

I was thinking Bath and Kenton. However, both are probably too stubborn to see the reality of the situation. Kids deserve to be put in a better situation to compete and win. Kenton geographically is a bad fit as well. What they've hung their hat on is football. If football continues to be lackluster they may eventually come around to seeing the need to find a new league home. Possibly more time is needed to say for sure on Kenton. Bath, well I'm not sure why they wouldn't look elsewhere. How much time needs to pass before they realize they no longer are WBL material? Yes, they are centrally located but have been atrocious in boys sports over the past 20 years. I would bet they they only have 2 or so winning WBL records in football since 2000. Probably least amount of league wins since that time as well. Other than girls bball and softball they don't fair well in the league and it keeps getting worse. Defiance was discussed in the past but I don't see it happening. I think they are a good fit. All this to say nothing will change. Honestly wasting time talking about it.

I'd honestly think if *anyone* left, at this point the league would want to get to 8 than add the options available. Napoleon is another long trip for all but Defiance and Ottawa. LB would be the smallest school in the league. LCC is D7 AND has the private school recruiting stigma. Lima Sr. is a no. Not sure anyone would be excited about any of the options.

If hypothetically Bath left, I'd imagine pressure gets high on Kenton or Defiance to find a new home. They wouldn't be kicked out, but if any league was interested they'd probably be highly encouraged to jump.

I don't see any changes anytime soon. But the list of potentials isn't good.
Could be the dominoes the fantasy league I'd like to see would need to form. I've suggested a change of the NWC, GMC, and 2 MAC schools. WBL split could lead to changes to those 3 & others as well.

Could be the dominoes the fantasy league I'd like to see would need to form. I've suggested a change of the NWC, GMC, and 2 MAC schools. WBL split could lead to changes to those 3 & others as well.

IIRC, Paulding, Antwerp, WT, Crestview, Lincolnview, DSJ, DJ, Spencerville, Parkway?

That would be a solid league, if the rest of the GMC found homes.

Not really.. if Bath ever joins the NWC it just speeds up the likely event of Ada leaving for the NWCC. Bath for Ada, even swap for a school that’s more centrally located to the league

IIRC, Paulding, Antwerp, WT, Crestview, Lincolnview, DSJ, DJ, Spencerville, Parkway?

That would be a solid league, if the rest of the GMC found homes.
The rest of the GMC could form an NWOAL small school division or a separate league

Ayersville
Edgerton
Evergreen
Delta
Fairview
Hicksville
Montpelier
Ottawa Hills
Tinora
Swanton

Could substitute Ottawa Hills and Swanton with Edon, Hilltop, or North Central