MAC Basketball

We're expecting Marion Local to be good, New Bremen and St. Henry to be ok, and we're expecting Parkway and New Knoxville to be bad.

If ML’s QB, Tate Hess brings his “football run the show” skills to our basketball team this season, our Flyers could be pretty darn good!

Predictions:
1. Marion Local: Size with Knapke and Niekamp but lack a true pt. guard.
2. Minster
3. Fort Recovery
4. Versailles
5. St. Henry
6. New Bremen
7. DSJ
8. Coldwater
9. Parkway
10. New Knoxville

2 - 7 total guessing game, amazes me Coldwater can't turn around their bball program, since 2016 - 17 NK has won 2 league games.

Predictions:
2. Minster
3. Fort Recovery
4. Versailles
5. St. Henry
6. New Bremen
7. DSJ
8. Coldwater
9. Parkway
10. New Knoxville

2 - 7 total guessing game, amazes me Coldwater can't turn around their bball program, since 2016 - 17 NK has won 2 league games.
I think Rammel will win POTY this year. I always thought he was better than stonebraker.

Predictions:
2. Minster
3. Fort Recovery
4. Versailles
5. St. Henry
6. New Bremen
7. DSJ
8. Coldwater
9. Parkway
10. New Knoxville

Hess was their true point guard last year. His court vision, ability to pass and score when needed made him 1 of the better point guards in the MAC last year as he was super efficient. He was also a top defender in the MAC last year as his quickness and length allowed him to guard anywhere from a 1 to a 4 on the floor and held to whoever he was guarding well below their season average. If the team does as predicted and he stays healthy, he will likely be a candidate for first team All MAC.

I do agree that a guard will need to step up to replace Brady Ronnebaum's role to help with ball handling, hitting the big free throws, bringing the intensity and making the big shots. Ronnebaum did a great job in being an additional point guard to help bring the ball up and beat the press and they did a great job at the end of the game controlling the ball when teams were fouling and trying to trap them. What will separate this team from a MAC Title and making a deep tourney run will be finding the starter to replace the tenacity, defense and leadership that Peyton Otte brought. In addition, they need to replace their first 2 or 3 members off the bench as they lost valuable glue guys in Hudson Rose and Chris Hartings. They did a lot of the dirty work that doesn't get noticed in the stats. Last year's seniors were great leaders, very outgoing and made the team a tight knit group.

My predictions for this year:
1. Marion Local
2. New Bremen
3. Ft. Recovery
4. Minster
5. St. Henry
6. Versailles
7. Delphos St. John
8. Coldwater
9. Parkway
10. New Knoxville

I think Rammel will win POTY this year. I always thought he was better than stonebraker.
They both are really good and fine candidates again; but the MAC Player of the Year typically goes to the top scorer or best player on the MAC Champ. I would guess that Jack Knapke will be a leading candidate for MAC Player of the Year, if Marion Local does as many predict.

Ft. Recovery with a new coach, will likely be 1 of the top scoring teams in the league, which would help Rammel's chances at MAC Player of the Year. I think Versailles lost too much from last year to have a real chance at winning the MAC which will hurt Stonebreakers chances. I wouldn't dismiss New Bremen as they have Thieman and Homan along with a bunch of seniors that have been waiting their turn. Minster could be scary good later in the season if their young big man steps in to take the pressure off of Stephey and Niemeyer.

A lot of the coaches I talked to for a preview tag the team you're all saying in Marion Local to be the class of the league.

New Bremen could be good too after their late start....I believe St Henry will be pretty good as well, Eric is like PSH said a pretty good coach.

Watch out for Minster, they have some good young talent.

Discuss . . .

1669994015668.png

Hess was their true point guard last year. His court vision, ability to pass and score when needed made him 1 of the better point guards in the MAC last year as he was super efficient. He was also a top defender in the MAC last year as his quickness and length allowed him to guard anywhere from a 1 to a 4 on the floor and held to whoever he was guarding well below their season average. If the team does as predicted and he stays healthy, he will likely be a candidate for first team All MAC.

I do agree that a guard will need to step up to replace Brady Ronnebaum's role to help with ball handling, hitting the big free throws, bringing the intensity and making the big shots. Ronnebaum did a great job in being an additional point guard to help bring the ball up and beat the press and they did a great job at the end of the game controlling the ball when teams were fouling and trying to trap them. What will separate this team from a MAC Title and making a deep tourney run will be finding the starter to replace the tenacity, defense and leadership that Peyton Otte brought. In addition, they need to replace their first 2 or 3 members off the bench as they lost valuable glue guys in Hudson Rose and Chris Hartings. They did a lot of the dirty work that doesn't get noticed in the stats. Last year's seniors were great leaders, very outgoing and made the team a tight knit group.

My predictions for this year:
1. Marion Local
2. New Bremen
3. Ft. Recovery
4. Minster
5. St. Henry
6. Versailles
7. Delphos St. John
8. Coldwater
9. Parkway
10. New Knoxville
I really don’t think Marion will miss a beat when they return from football. They have a couple top guys who aren’t even playing football now. Knapke is a BEAST. St Henry is the team I’m very interested to see this year. My cardinals have an excellent staff in place for basketball that the players seem to really love and it is encouraging to see that. Basketball team is always good but we have the athletes this year to make a run.

Delphos St. John's wins two this weekend
DSJ 51 Kalida 46 Freshman Cameron Elwer leads with 22
DSJ 57 Elida 37 Freshman Cameron Elwer leads with 31, 24 in the first half including 6/8 3's.

Dec.3rd
SH 76 Shawnee 63
Jackson Center 51 Coldwater 39
Russia 65 Minster 29
Ft. Loramie 62 New Knoxville 42
Crestview 44 Parkway 41
Ft. Recovery 34 Jay Co 29
Versailles 64 Houston 50
DSJ 57 Elida 37

Russia must have a really good team this year. The MAC is either better than I thought or the WBL is not that strong this season or a combination.

Dec.3rd
SH 76 Shawnee 63
Jackson Center 51 Coldwater 39
Russia 65 Minster 29
Ft. Loramie 62 New Knoxville 42
Crestview 44 Parkway 41
Ft. Recovery 34 Jay Co 29
Versailles 64 Houston 50
DSJ 57 Elida 37

Russia must have a really good team this year. The MAC is either better than I thought or the WBL is not that strong this season or a combination.
Minster didn’t have Stephey or Niemeyer playing according to my Minster sources.