Red Wave Fizzles: What are the Implications?

lotr10

The Republicans will be lucky to keep 50 seats in the Senate and gain a small majority in the Congress. And already we're hearing the political rational for the failure to exploit Biden's historically low approval ratings and the natural advantage of a midterm election to the opposition party.

* Cut ties to Trump.

* Get better candidates.

* Fire the republican leadership.

* The population is low information.

Yet back in 2018 with Trump under investigation and the democrats enjoying the midterm election bounce the GOP gained 2 seats in the Senate and a couple of governorship's while losing the congress. So maybe the days of midterm election waves going to the out of power party are gone. If this is true then it begs the question s to WHY?

My answer is simple - we are hopelessly divided in this country. There are a lot less swing voters and independents out there. It doesn't matter the candidate or the situation around us. We are two tribes at "war" and we back only our people.

And before folks claim that we're really not that divided think about this: there are 20 major policy positions impacting this country that we vehemently disagree on. Back in the day there may have been 3 or 4. That is what it looks like when two DIFFERENT cultures or tribes look at each other.

So what do we do? I suspect that every national election going forward will be close with neither party gaining a commanding lead. However, on the State & Local level blue & red blowouts will be common as basically single party rule will become the reality across vast parts of the county.

Are you a happy democrat if you live in Florida or Texas?

It seems to me that the best course forward would be some sort of devolution of the USA. Similar to what we've seen in Great Britain.

The Republicans will be lucky to keep 50 seats in the Senate and gain a small majority in the Congress. And already we're hearing the political rational for the failure to exploit Biden's historically low approval ratings and the natural advantage of a midterm election to the opposition party.

* Cut ties to Trump.

* Get better candidates.

Yet back in 2018 with Trump under investigation and the democrats enjoying the midterm election bounce the GOP gained 2 seats in the Senate and a couple of governorship's while losing the congress. So maybe the days of midterm election waves going to the out of power party are gone. If this is true then it begs the question s to WHY?

My answer is simple - we are hopelessly divided in this country. There are a lot less swing voters and independents out there. It doesn't matter the candidate or the situation around us. We are two tribes at "war" and we back only our people.
Pretty much right on.
We are no longer a nation with a belief in God or even a Creator. Yes there are still some who believe, we are now a minority.
This nation either goes through a revival or we will become Babylon the Great.

2 and 4 are a given. As for 1, the attention span of the public is low and time passes quickly. Trump’s time has passed.
I think conventional political thinking is the wrong way to look at this. Trump was a symptom not the underlying cause. And he brought millions of new voters to the GOP. Sure, Trump's days as a republican leader are probably gone but that won't change the situation for the GOP. Tribal associations trump loyalty to individual politicians. And we are now two very different tribes.

I think conventional political thinking is the wrong way to look at this. Trump was a symptom not the underlying cause. And he brought millions of new voters to the GOP. Sure, Trump's days as a republican leader are probably gone but that won't change the situation for the GOP. Tribal associations trump loyalty to individual politicians. And we are now two very different tribes.
The Trump philosophies should live on, and can, with better packaged candidates…such as DeSantis.

Remember when people thought Texas & Florida were on the verge of going "blue" ensuring that the democrats would dominate national elections for decades? How is that working out?

My sense is that a lot of conservative folks from California & Colorado are moving to Texas while conservatives from the Northeast are flocking to Florida. And this migration of people into like minded political regions is happening all across America. Sometimes it's state to state but most times it's within states. Look at Southwest Ohio and the deepening redness of the outlying counties while Hamilton county turns deeply blue.

I suspect that in the next decade the forces of devolution will result in serious secessionist movements in dozens of States. In fact if the USA devolves it may start at the State level.

Very clear to me our best days are behind us. Sad for my kids.
Doesn’t have to be that way but sadly people think that a belief in God and his laws are what lead us to slavery. Relativism and atheism are freedom. It is completely the opposite.

This proves the left indoctrination has wrecked enough of the population we've reached critical mass. It took a couple decades longer than expected but here we are.
It has but equally important is that about half the country has resoundingly rejected it. The end result is that we are now two distinct tribes in a way we haven't been in over a century.

And the right/libertarian forces in this country are countering with their own education options, their own sources of information and moving to be surrounded by like minded people. And all of this will only accelerate the great devolution which seems almost inevitable.

Taking the House majority and the momentum built by our next President Ron Desantis is hardly "fizzling" . The problem is Republicans had knucklehead candidates in 2 battle ground states, PA and Georgia. Momentum will build for Republicans heading into 2024, there is no way the inept Clown in office and his loser administration isn't going down in 2024.

Taking the House majority and the momentum built by our next President Ron Desantis is hardly "fizzling" . The problem is Republicans had knucklehead candidates in 2 battle ground states, PA and Georgia. Momentum will build for Republicans heading into 2024, there is no way the inept Clown in office and his loser administration isn't going down in 2024.
The only reason Rs are going to take the house is because of the few seats they quite literally created for themselves with these new maps. It is a massive republican underperformance no matter how you look at it

* Cut ties to Trump.

* Get better candidates.

Yes Republican voters are certainly low information in general .Often vote against their own interests in poor areas of the electorate

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
The only reason Rs are going to take the house is because of the few seats they quite literally created for themselves with these new maps. It is a massive republican underperformance no matter how you look at it
Absolutely NOT massive in the least, they will stop Puppet Obiden in his tracks many times now until his pathetic A is out of office. Democrats have no chance in 2024 presidency.

Yes Republican voters are certainly low information in general .Often vote against their own interests in poor areas of the electorate

Harry you have reasonable things to say, now you go back to the tired old Dems are for the poor, Repubs are for the rich…. This is how we got here.

This is not as hard as you turds are making this out to be. The first thing that has to be reconciled is why were the polls so wrong. Those polls are based on "likely voters". Whatever defines that is obviously changing as voters were missed. Second, election denying MAGA BS was overwhelmingly rejected. Third, exit polls showed the top issue was inflation but abortion was an extremely strong #2. It seems younger woman were material in this election AND mother's voted for their daughters even if they never told their husband.

It's not a red wave. It's not a sweeping referendum on Biden.

However, taking the House is always a good thing. Senate looks like it comes down to Walker winning a runoff? Who wants to bet on that?

However, taking the House is always a good thing. Senate looks like it comes down to Walker winning a runoff? Who wants to bet on that?
Ill bet that the Senate will still favor the Dems.

Absolutely NOT massive in the least, they will stop Puppet Obiden in his tracks many times now until his pathetic A is out of office. Democrats have no chance in 2024 presidency.
It was likely the worst under performance in mid term history. Just average would have been a 28 seat pick up. The average when the president is under 50% approval is over 40 seats. No amount of lipstick will make this pig anything but super ugly.

Reactions: 4GX

Tribes protect their own. My guess is that no matter the opposition if Biden runs again it will be close election.

First thing is Republican voters need to get over themselves. The "I dont like that guy so I'm not voting for him" attitude needs to stop. Democrat voters are loyal to party, Republican voters are loyal to candidates. It cost us in 2018 and 2022

* Cut ties to Trump.

* Get better candidates.

I think the Democrat strategy, in combination with the effects of a biased and complicit media on an ignorant populace, has proven to be successful. I now await the accellerating decline of western civilization into a corporatist's corollary of Chinese communism. I see the elite accomplishing exactly what crystallized as America's "worst case scenario" in my mind while day-dreaming 42 years ago or so as an 18 yr old student in an American Government classroom. I just never believed that so many free people could be so stupid.

I won't be surprised now if I look backward in 20 years, and I get "confirmation" that the Citizens United verdict was the penultimate piece that killed off "peak USA" before the "Plandemic" finished the job. It always will have begun by getting God out of school and neo-Marxists into education.