D7 R25 2022

Danville has had some subpar seasons in recent history. If we include 2017 through this incomplete ‘22 season, the Blue Devils have amassed a 38-28 record.

1 - final four appearance in ‘17 falling to Cuyahoga Heights

They have lost to Lucas 3 times in that span. (We’ll get to why that might be)

They have finally beaten East Knox for the first time in their last 5 attempts.

Strength of schedule rating: 26th

The coaching staff is young enough to still be playing ball…and you might guess, has seemed to relate to the kids at a high level. They were painfully young a year ago and we’re still very much in every game. Another year in the weight room and I feel like Danville has arrived ahead of schedule.

Lucas has had a much more successful run in recent memory. If we include this incomplete season going back to ‘17, the Cubs have earned a 53-20 record.

1 - State Final falling to MSML

2 - Regional Final losses to JFK and Trimble, respectively.

They have, in fact, owned the last 3 contest with Danville.

Strength of schedule rating: 5th

Spitler and company have enjoyed quite a feast in DVII over the last few years. They’ve gone the way of the privates ironically enough this season. Joining the likes of Canton CC/Mooney in facing a tough (.500 at best) schedule and walking through the playoff’s against lesser…tested opponents.

In the right atmosphere, this is a low scoring contest. Lucas, I’m sure, is feeling very comfortable right about now. Prepare for a team you’ve bested recently. In a game you understand and feels normal. No more circus sideshow. Lucas was within the smell of victory in just about all contests this season if the 4-6 mark was giving you any sense of confidence…reconsider.

The first glance at Danville this year was surprising. The size presented well. Speed too. The physicality was always there, but the little devils have grown up. As the season has marched on they’ve had just a hint of trouble keeping the impressive pace they began. I would consider this a byproduct of youth. Within the team and coaching staff. What is important is that they have shown signs of being a REAL threat to this region. Sometimes that’s all you get… How important is consistency? Although East Knox isn’t keeping opposing coaches up at night it was very important to get a win there. Why? After 3 straight losses to Lucas, you’re going to need to know you can get it done when that’s all that’s left to do.

CalPreps has this one: Lucas 21 - Danville - 20

Fantastic50 has Lucas (-13)

That’s interesting.

Lucas - 35
Danville - 38

I really hope Danville can kick.
Good stuff. It's going to be a battle, no doubt. The only thing I do not see happening is Danville getting to 38. We haven't allowed that many points all year with a crazy hard schedule. We shall see!

Anyone know if Drew factors in injuries or is it a straight numbers thing? Seems to me a Lucas squad missing a number of key players would not be a 13 point favorite over a good Danville team.
Drew doesn’t have a way to adequately account for variables like injuries, sit outs, or even the weather. Even if Drew had the time and creativity to apply a certain statistical score to account for those qualitatives (that can’t be easily accounted for even with the most imaginative and descriptive AI), I suspect he would refuse to try and incorporate it out of the principle that those dynamics would come from sources that he has no way of verifying as fact.

For those curious, you can find Lowellville results from 90-07 at this link (in fact, you can find any Mahoning Valley school just changing the name in the URL):

I did find it interesting Lowellville split a home and home with Dalton in 95-96
Aaah, the Vindy Blitz! Part Yappi, part Joe Eitel ( The Mahoning. Valley low rent edition) Weekly pickems, rosters, even google maps to local stadiums. Seems like yesterday....

Good stuff. It's going to be a battle, no doubt. The only thing I do not see happening is Danville getting to 38. We haven't allowed that many points all year with a crazy hard schedule. We shall see!
This seems sensible. Week 13 w/ history? TBH I wanted a course correction for the thread and I don’t think I’ve written up anything this year.

Drew doesn’t have a way to adequately account for variables like injuries, sit outs, or even the weather. Even if Drew had the time and creativity to apply a certain statistical score to account for those qualitatives (that can’t be easily accounted for even with the most imaginative and descriptive AI), I suspect he would refuse to try and incorporate it out of the principle that those dynamics would come from sources that he has no way of verifying as fact.
Thanks professor, I figured that was the case. Still. 13 seems a lot.

This thread really runs the gamut. From the use of multisyllable words like statistical and qualitatives to amish and Lowellville jokes. Something for everyone.

Anyone know if Drew factors in injuries or is it a straight numbers thing? Seems to me a Lucas squad missing a number of key players would not be a 13 point favorite over a good Danville team.

This thread really runs the gamut. From the use of multisyllable words like statistical and qualitatives to amish and Lowellville jokes. Something for everyone.
We have a direct line to the man himself. @fantastic50

EDIT: 7K mo’fuhcas (Dr. Pasteur, pardon my language.)

Last edited:

Don't forget, I once used the term "animal husbandry". Give ya a nickle if you know who I was referencing.

Danville has had some subpar seasons in recent history. If we include 2017 through this incomplete ‘22 season, the Blue Devils have amassed a 38-28 record.

1 - final four appearance in ‘17 falling to Cuyahoga Heights

They have lost to Lucas 3 times in that span. (We’ll get to why that might be)

They have finally beaten East Knox for the first time in their last 5 attempts.

Strength of schedule rating: 26th

The coaching staff is young enough to still be playing ball…and you might guess, has seemed to relate to the kids at a high level. They were painfully young a year ago and we’re still very much in every game. Another year in the weight room and I feel like Danville has arrived ahead of schedule.

Lucas has had a much more successful run in recent memory. If we include this incomplete season going back to ‘17, the Cubs have earned a 53-20 record.

1 - State Final falling to MSML

2 - Regional Final losses to JFK and Trimble, respectively.

They have, in fact, owned the last 3 contest with Danville.

Strength of schedule rating: 5th

Spitler and company have enjoyed quite a feast in DVII over the last few years. They’ve gone the way of the privates ironically enough this season. Joining the likes of Canton CC/Mooney in facing a tough (.500 at best) schedule and walking through the playoff’s against lesser…tested opponents.

In the right atmosphere, this is a low scoring contest. Lucas, I’m sure, is feeling very comfortable right about now. Prepare for a team you’ve bested recently. In a game you understand and feels normal. No more circus sideshow. Lucas was within the smell of victory in just about all contests this season if the 4-6 mark was giving you any sense of confidence…reconsider.

The first glance at Danville this year was surprising. The size presented well. Speed too. The physicality was always there, but the little devils have grown up. As the season has marched on they’ve had just a hint of trouble keeping the impressive pace they began. I would consider this a byproduct of youth. Within the team and coaching staff. What is important is that they have shown signs of being a REAL threat to this region. Sometimes that’s all you get… How important is consistency? Although East Knox isn’t keeping opposing coaches up at night it was very important to get a win there. Why? After 3 straight losses to Lucas, you’re going to need to know you can get it done when that’s all that’s left to do.

CalPreps has this one: Lucas 21 - Danville - 20

Fantastic50 has Lucas (-13)

That’s interesting.

Lucas - 35
Danville - 38

I really hope Danville can kick.
What Is Wrong With You Season 2 GIF by The Office

This was discussed a few days, but KMAC likely took a huge hit in Drew’s computer over the last two weeks.
The KMAC wasn’t all that good this past year.

Northmor-way down after last years senior class and losing their RB for 4+ weeks. He literally did everything for them most weeks.

East Knox-Graduation hit hard, plus an off-season that saw most of their coaches step away for one reason or another. Started a freshman QB for the last 5-6 weeks.

Fredericktown-Had a two of the best athletes in the KMAC but a team that struggled to get out of their own way and learn to win close games.

Cardington-New coach, program has struggled the past few years and little development because of no JV. Could be better in the future because of numbers at the jr. High level. Believe they had almost 40 kids.

Mount Gilead-Best year they’ve had in quite a while. Struggled to get over the hump against a couple of the better teams in the conference because of not knowing how to win. Football typically has 40 kids, Cross Country has 40-50.

Loudonville-team that battled and fought in every game. Not the most talented team in the league but one of the toughest all year. Headed for a few interesting years with poor numbers at jr. High and not much talent.

Centerburg-Biggest team in the KMAC now that Highland left. Had a solid year by winning close games(Beat Danville and Loudonville on drives with less than a minute left) has the best ability to replace losses to graduation due to numbers.

Danville-Last year Danville had 2 seniors to start the year and a 3rd came out late. Started 3 sophomores on the line. This year they are senior led, with a lot of juniors with experience and a sprinkling of sophomores contributing. They were projected to take a big step forward this year and have.

Lowellville 's main guy was Ballone. When did it change to Bunofsky?
It never changed, everyone who watched Lowellville and knows football knew the guy was Bunofsky, as we all know in every level of football the QB is “the guy”. But that doesn’t mean he’s the most important player on the team.

Aaah, the Vindy Blitz! Part Yappi, part Joe Eitel ( The Mahoning. Valley low rent edition) Weekly pickems, rosters, even google maps to local stadiums. Seems like yesterday....
Vindy Blitz was awesome! I stumbled across this looking for a game result one day, then when I saw the url played around finding out you can find any team. It’s certainly a nice resource to get results all the way back to 1990

Lowellville fans might as well head on over to the bball forum. They can start hyping up their upcoming games with Sebring and Waterloo.
Lmao all ik is Lowellville is 1-1 with JFK in the past 2 years. Please don’t bring basketball into this because none of these other schools come close. Hahahahahah

All I know anymore is Lowellville failed to send this PATRIOT to DC, despite the fact they had nothing else going on Tuesday afternoon.

1667970838698.jpeg

Lmao all ik is Lowellville is 1-1 with JFK in the past 2 years. Please don’t bring basketball into this because none of these other schools come close. Hahahahahah
Its basketball..........Stop it.............Nobody cares here about basketball. When have you beat JFK in football?

Im hearing they want Bolino as the next HC at Howland. He teaches in the school system and is in the building. Poor Lakeview. If they really wanted to win and bring the Howland program back they would hire Curt Cuntz who is in the system there also. Powers to be won't get it right and the program is on life support as it is. This next move might send them to the morgue. WGH better wake up cause their fate is teetering