D5 Region 17

24-10 Mooney with about 6 to play. I didnā€™t realize how much they pass. I knew they werenā€™t the old Mooney, but their whole success on offense has been passing.

SR beats GG 49-10.

It still blows my mind that SR might actually play Mooney AND be favored.

24-10 Mooney with about 6 to play. I didnā€™t realize how much they pass. I knew they werenā€™t the old Mooney, but their whole success on offense has been passing.

SR beats GG 49-10.

It still blows my mind that SR might actually play Mooney AND be favored.

This! It's still hard for me to believe that Mooney is in the same division as SR. I'm sure Ursuline fans felt the same way when they first dropped to D5 and played the Raiders. That is the reality of it though and make no mistake SR is a solid favorite in the game.

Give credit to the Bobcats. Mooney has been a pretty good 2nd half team this year and after getting up 24-10 I felt pretty good about it. That 4th & three 62-yard TD pass by Norwayne was a great call and better execution. They almost pulled it out. Congratulations to them.

Mooney isnā€™t winning the region but most people on here laughed when somebody named Mooney as a top team. Guess they proved a few people wrong by knocking off a team that most had pinned as a regional top contender.

Mooney isnā€™t winning the region but most people on here laughed when somebody named Mooney as a top team. Guess they proved a few people wrong by knocking off a team that most had pinned as a regional top contender.
Who laughed at you? Who? Norwayne hit an injury bug, and struggled defensively all year. Nobody had Norwayne over Mooney. (Theyā€™re a private school FFS!) Please continue taking your lap though.

Who laughed at you? Who? Norwayne hit an injury bug, and struggled defensively all year. Nobody had Norwayne over Mooney. (Theyā€™re a private school FFS!) Please continue taking your lap though.
heā€™s talking beginning of season when many including me said Mooney wasnā€™t going to be good. They still arenā€™t good by Mooney standards. Because the standard at Mooney is state title contending teams. If this was a ā€œstandardā€ Mooney team, no one in this region touches them.

heā€™s talking beginning of season when many including me said Mooney wasnā€™t going to be good. They still arenā€™t good by Mooney standards. Because the standard at Mooney is state title contending teams. If this was a ā€œstandardā€ Mooney team, no one in this region touches them.
No doubt not the standards of the Mooney of old. But definitely an improvement over the last few years. If you look at their results this year, they were in every game, and probably could have won a couple more. Only game they really got beat good, was the Steubenville game

Mooney ever win a D5 title? Enrollment drops = talent pool drops. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I was pretty vocal about a .500 Mooney team (w/ that schedule) being a problem for D5 teams. I didnā€™t think the pushback was worth any excitement.