Senate: Tim Ryan vs J.D. Vance

Who wins in November?

• Tim Ryan

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • J.D. Vance

Votes: 68 78.2%

• Total voters
You hacked up his quote I see. He thought that was going to be his job. Instead, he spent more time driving through and around IED's to and from Kabul.

He expected to spend the bulk of his time as an intelligence analyst “behind a sophisticated computer terminal in a secure area.”
Instead, Buttigieg has talked about the 119 times he says he crossed “outside the wire,” leaving the relative safety of the base as a vehicle commander on convoy security detail in dangerous parts of Kabul.

In contrast, JD wrote some press releases.
so he was like Radar O'Reilly from Mash?

You hacked up his quote I see. He thought that was going to be his job. Instead, he spent more time driving through and around IED's to and from Kabul.

He expected to spend the bulk of his time as an intelligence analyst “behind a sophisticated computer terminal in a secure area.”
Instead, Buttigieg has talked about the 119 times he says he crossed “outside the wire,” leaving the relative safety of the base as a vehicle commander on convoy security detail in dangerous parts of Kabul.

In contrast, JD wrote some press releases.
Buttigieg represented ATFC at “high level briefings,” the documents say, and “coordinated intelligence sharing and targeting deconfliction” methods with multiple organizations.

The documents do not say anything about Buttigieg’s time outside the wire, but military officials who reviewed the documents for The Hill note that he likely did not engage in direct combat, which would have earned him a Navy combat ribbon.

Buttigieg represented ATFC at “high level briefings,” the documents say, and “coordinated intelligence sharing and targeting deconfliction” methods with multiple organizations.

The documents do not say anything about Buttigieg’s time outside the wire, but military officials who reviewed the documents for The Hill note that he likely did not engage in direct combat, which would have earned him a Navy combat ribbon.
He never said he was in combat. Most who served during his time did not. They just did dangerous jobs. A few wrote press releases.

What was JD's award for public relations?

You guys are so full of double talk. Of course, you are pumping up JD's PR job and discrediting Pete's real job. Total hacks.
You are strawmanning here. I'm not saying what JD did was better or not. But being enlisted is a lot different than being an officer. As usual though, you are way out of your depth here, because you not only have never been to war, you haven't been in the military.

wasn't Buttijug the same guy that stopped his caravan of cars, got out a few blocks from his destination in DC, put on his bicycle helmet got on his bicycle and for a PHOTO shot rode two blocks......
I suspect he joined the military for similar reasons.

You are strawmanning here. I'm not saying what JD did was better or not. But being enlisted is a lot different than being an officer. As usual though, you are way out of your depth here, because you not only have never been to war, you haven't been in the military.
This really is not about being an officer or enlisted. This is about the MAGA double standard. Dem Ivy elites who brag about their service in cushy office jobs are ridiculed but MAGA Ivy elites who do the same are great Americans.

This really is not about being an officer or enlisted. This is about the MAGA double standard. Dem Ivy elites who brag about their service in cushy office jobs are ridiculed but MAGA Ivy elites who do the same are great Americans.
Where did Vance do this?

Do you know the difference between officers and enlisted? You are just making up the supposed double standard. Again though, your military knowledge is not sufficient to continue in this debate. Please show yourself out.

Do you know the difference between officers and enlisted? You are just making up the supposed double standard. Again though, your military knowledge is not sufficient to continue in this debate. Please show yourself out.
I understand perfectly. I also understand that if JD was a dem, you would be ridiculing him.

Not most of the time. Most of the time he was dodging IED’s.

Duh. We covered this already Basement Boy.

I understand perfectly. I also understand that if JD was a dem, you would be ridiculing him.
JD joined the Marines to get out of the terrible life he was relegated to. I highly doubt anyone would be ridiculing him, unless he was doing what you have been doing with Pete's record, overselling what he did.

JD joined the Marines to get out of the terrible life he was relegated to. I highly doubt anyone would be ridiculing him, unless he was doing what you have been doing with Pete's record, overselling what he did.
Pete actually undersold it big time. Read what he wrote about it. You have it 100% wrong, again.

Pete actually undersold it big time. Read what he wrote about it. You have it 100% wrong, again.
Given that you have never been to war or even in the military it is amazing that you think you can know if he undersold or oversold. Lack of self awareness is a common trait among Dems, so at least you are in good company.