Notre Dame

Drew Pyne should’ve been the QB from the beginning of the season. They probably would’ve beaten OSU and Marshall with him in there all game instead of Buchner.

As it is, the Irish should be in the top 20 this coming week as they work toward the Clemson showdown.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Head scratcher.

Rees has adjusted his play calling to protect the QB's he has left. Something he should have done with Buchner as well. Regardless, Rees's offense is designed for a good pocket passer so Buchner simply does not fit. Pyne is limited in ability but if instructed right can be sufficient in game management. The biggest reason for the 3 game win streak has been ND's ability to run the ball. It wears down a defense and takes enormous pressure off of the QB.

I have also noticed what appears to be some more maturity from Freeman. His post game interviews are better and he appears to be growing from an assistant players coach to a HC leader. At least I hope.

Rees has adjusted his play calling to protect the QB's he has left. Something he should have done with Buchner as well. Regardless, Rees's offense is designed for a good pocket passer so Buchner simply does not fit. Pyne is limited in ability but if instructed right can be sufficient in game management. The biggest reason for the 3 game win streak has been ND's ability to run the ball. It wears down a defense and takes enormous pressure off of the QB.

I have also noticed what appears to be some more maturity from Freeman. His post game interviews are better and he appears to be growing from an assistant players coach to a HC leader. At least I hope.
Playing crappy teams can contribute to your offensive improvement 🤷🏿

Head scratcher.
What did I say that was head-scratching? That Notre Dame should be ranked? That Drew Pyne at QB would have led Notre Dame to valiant victory in Columbus? Notre Dame with any semblance of a passing game would have stunned the Shoe into the kind of silence normally reserved for funeral services or the dinner table of bickering spouses.

What did I say that was head-scratching? That Notre Dame should be ranked? That Drew Pyne at QB would have led Notre Dame to valiant victory in Columbus? Notre Dame with any semblance of a passing game would have stunned the Shoe into the kind of silence normally reserved for funeral services or the dinner table of bickering spouses.

Yes. Everything in this post is head-scratching. Lol.

The Starting QB for next yr shouldn’t be on the current roster. Pyne is fine for the rest of this season, but they need a better QB to beat elite teams.

False. The OL still sucked at that point.

If OSU didn’t give up 2 freak plays ND walks away with less than 150 yards and 0 points. And if my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle.

The Starting QB for next yr shouldn’t be on the current roster. Pyne is fine for the rest of this season, but they need a better QB to beat elite teams.
Never said otherwise. The only way Pyne works for a Power 5 school is if his defense is like Georgia's from last year.

Never said otherwise. The only way Pyne works for a Power 5 school is if his defense is like Georgia's from last year.
I get a little irritated with fans getting caught up in the moment. Sam Hartman from Wake and Max Dugan from TCU could make this Offense elite next yr. Both will be available as grad transfers.

He’s the only ND fan saying this. Don’t lump all of us into the same delusional status he’s in.
I choose to be optimistic about the teams I cheer for instead of being a rain cloud of negativity and doom and gloom. Perhaps you should try it out.

I choose to be optimistic about the teams I cheer for instead of being a rain cloud of negativity and doom and gloom. Perhaps you should try it out.

That’s not optimistic, because you’re talking about an event that can’t be changed. Real optimism would be having them win out and go 10-2. You’re being a Homer.

I get a little irritated with fans getting caught up in the moment. Sam Hartman from Wake and Max Dugan from TCU could make this Offense elite next yr. Both will be available as grad transfers.
Eh. I’m not completely sold on their WRs and they’ll lose the one of the two best TEs in college football. A QB is a large percentage of the elite offense pie, but the WRs and next crop of TEs will need to step up big.

Are rumors of Styles unhappy with ND and possibly transferring true? An OSU recruiting insider hinted at it a couple of weeks ago - not necessarily hinting at a transfer to OSU.

Eh. I’m not completely sold on their WRs and they’ll lose the one of the two best TEs in college football. A QB is a large percentage of the elite offense pie, but the WRs and next crop of TEs will need to step up big.

Are rumors of Styles unhappy with ND and possibly transferring true? An OSU recruiting insider hinted at it a couple of weeks ago - not necessarily hinting at a transfer to OSU.
I doubt it since he’s their #1 target outside of Mayer.

And doesn’t even averages 4 catches a game. Id be upset too.
He’ll be the featured WR next yr. If he goes to OSU, he’s still going to be behind Fleming, Ebuka and I’m sure a litany of other 5* WRs I’m forgetting.

Like I said I’m not necessarily talking about OSU.
I misread your post, I still don’t think he’ll transfer given that he’ll be the top target next yr. That said, ND needs a QB who can get him the ball more consistently and that QB isn’t on ND’s roster.