2022 Cincinnati Bengals

Watch Brady, he has to improve imo
LOL if it was only that easy everybody would do it. Brady had some very good olines in NE and TB last season. Look how KC rebuilt their line with Thuney and Brown plus good draft choices - Humphrey compared to the Bengals. Cappa was a solid guard but not elite same with Karras (who is considered a better guard than center). Collins s a good tackle but there is a reason why the Bengals were able to get him relatively cheap (injury issues and drug issues). Give me a line like KC or New England had when Brady was there and some competent receivers to go along with a top QB.

LOL if it was only that easy everybody would do it. Brady had some very good olines in NE and TB last season. Look how KC rebuilt their line with Thuney and Brown plus good draft choices - Humphrey compared to the Bengals. Cappa was a solid guard but not elite same with Karras (who is considered a better guard than center). Collins s a good tackle but there is a reason why the Bengals were able to get him relatively cheap (injury issues and drug issues). Give me a line like KC or New England had when Brady was there and some competent receivers to go along with a top QB.
I'm not bashing Burroughs. I'm just telling you he won't last how he's playing. He won't last taking the type punishment he is currently enduring.

SnS - Completely agree, if you do not have one of the 8-10 NFL great qb’s you have no chance at the Super Bowl. Cincy obviously has one in Burrow. Pittsburgh w/ Trubisky going against Cincy w/ Burrow and they find a way to win. Cincy without Burrow would struggle to beat Pittsburgh w/ a Trubisky caliber qb. The Bengal roster is good, not great. It’s good because of Burrow & Chase.

Wait until the Bengals sign Burrow to an extension, it will be far more difficult for Cincy to field a solid roster. The Bengal front office will need to find a way to fill out a competent roster on minimum $$$. This is the same front office that put some big $$$ into that o-line you saw on Sunday that looked no better than last year.
Well generally true. Dilfer and Flacco come to mind as exceptions. Sometimes a really good defense is enough.

I'm not bashing Burroughs. I'm just telling you he won't last how he's playing. He won't last taking the type punishment he is currently enduring.

Who is Burroughs? Are you talking about Jordan Burroughs? He wrestles tomorrow in the world championships over in Europe. I'm very excited for that. Flo wrestling has the coverage.

Joe Burrow plays for the Bengals and he has been taking a beating from defenses.

Last edited:
Who is Burroughs? Are you talking about Jordan Burroughs? He wrestles tomorrow in the world championships over in Europe. I'm very excited for that. Flo wrestling has the coverage.

Joe Burrows plays for the Bengals and he has been taking a beating from defenses.
No, Joe BURROW plays for the Bengals. Not sure who this BurrowS guy is.

Joe Burrows plays for the Bengals and he has been taking a beating from defenses.
I'll correct it from now on.

With the Bengals blocking woes, I don't understand why Taylor runs so many open sets in the backfield. Perine is a capable blocker, can't let Parsons have any open lanes to drill Burrow.

With the Bengals blocking woes, I don't understand why Taylor runs so many open sets in the backfield. Perine is a capable blocker, can't let Parsons have any open lanes to drill Burrow.
ZT is not a good player caller. Ollie Connolly on Twitter did a great breakdown. Against the Steelers, the Bengals lined up under center 18 times. 89% were run plays. 65% were some variation of wide zone. They threw the ball lining up under center once before halftime.

Edit: edited halftime for overtime. Even worse than originally thought.

Last edited:
The o-lines for the Bengals & Steelers were horrid last season. Both teams tried to address the line via free agency but little thru the draft. Here is the player grades for each o-line per ProFootballFocus.com:

Bengals:
C - Ted Karris, 68.0, 8th overall
G - Alex Cappa, 69.3, 17th overall
G - Cordell Volson, 54.2, 45th overall
T - Jonah Williams, 62.5, 41st overall
T - La'el Collins, 58.6, 51st overall

Steelers:
C - Mason Cole, 54.9, 23rd overall
G - James Daniels, 64.8, 27th overall
G - Kevin Dotson, 56.4, 42nd overall
T - Chukwuma Okorafor, 70.6, 24th overall
T - Dan Moore Jr, 68.7, 27th overall

It's not a complete Apples to Apples comparison; Bengals OT's Williams & Collins had to go against Watt and Highsmith while the Steelers OT's did not. I thought the Bengals rookie guard Volson had his 'Welcome to the NFL' moment on the 1st play of the game as Cam Heyward went right through him for a sack. It was a rough game for Volson but I think there is some potential there. Last year Volson was suiting up for North Dakota State.

It's simple for the Bengals - keep Burrow upright & healthy and you win the AFC North 4 or 5 times over the next decade with a chance at winning a Super Bowl.

ZT is not a good player caller. Ollie Connolly on Twitter did a great breakdown. Against the Steelers, the Bengals lined up under center 18 times. 89% were run plays. 65% were some variation of wide zone. They threw the ball lining up under center once before halftime.
I saw that; very eye opening and, quite frankly, embarrassing for an NFL team. I think Zac is a great head coach; someone who can rally his guys and seems to have the trust and support of everyone in the locker room. But he's got to give up play calling. Callahan, our current OC, had some head coach interest this past offseason so he must know what he's doing to some degree. Time for Zac to focus more on clock management and continuing to be a players' coach.

The o-lines for the Bengals & Steelers were horrid last season. Both teams tried to address the line via free agency but little thru the draft. Here is the player grades for each o-line per ProFootballFocus.com:

Bengals:
C - Ted Karris, 68.0, 8th overall
G - Alex Cappa, 69.3, 17th overall
G - Cordell Volson, 54.2, 45th overall
T - Jonah Williams, 62.5, 41st overall
T - La'el Collins, 58.6, 51st overall

Steelers:
C - Mason Cole, 54.9, 23rd overall
G - James Daniels, 64.8, 27th overall
G - Kevin Dotson, 56.4, 42nd overall
T - Chukwuma Okorafor, 70.6, 24th overall
T - Dan Moore Jr, 68.7, 27th overall

It's not a complete Apples to Apples comparison; Bengals OT's Williams & Collins had to go against Watt and Highsmith while the Steelers OT's did not. I thought the Bengals rookie guard Volson had his 'Welcome to the NFL' moment on the 1st play of the game as Cam Heyward went right through him for a sack. It was a rough game for Volson but I think there is some potential there. Last year Volson was suiting up for North Dakota State.

It's simple for the Bengals - keep Burrow upright & healthy and you win the AFC North 4 or 5 times over the next decade with a chance at winning a Super Bowl.
The Bengals do have Trey Hendrickson who had 14 sacks last season.
May seem simple enough but the Bengals are having a hard time figuring that out.