D 1 private schools?

Good for them and the kids that chose to send their kids to Moeller or any other school.
Again, it is none of your business how someone decides what is best for their own child. After all isn't public inclusive for everyone?
Exactly! We are on the same page. This is America. You should be able to go where you want. But make it the same rules for everybody. No investigations for some and free passes for others. Give choice vouchers to help public kids go where they want. You know this will never fly. Closed enrollment schools would flip out. I'm just saying same rules and benefits for all.

Yes they should, if the parents want to get them what they feel is the best education for their own kids.
The government should get out of the education business to begin with, the kids aren't your property.
Your comment seems to condemn public education, or am I reading that wrong?

And Walsh was found guilty of having boosters pay the tuition of student athletes....your point?
None of those involved football players and since the infraction was self reported, you can't prove football players were involved either.
I do know of a school that has been on probation multiple times for football though. Still haven't won a thing in over 50 years despite the cheating.

None of those involved football players and since the infraction was self reported, you can't prove football players were involved either.
I do know of a school that has been on probation multiple times for football though. Still haven't won a thing in over 50 years despite the cheating.
Yes....yes....we are to believe that boosters are paying the tuition of student athletes and football wasn't involved....you're adorable.

Brings into question those....titles you talk about. Lol.

Yes....yes....we are to believe that boosters are paying the tuition of student athletes and football wasn't involved....you're adorable.

Brings into question those....titles you talk about. Lol.
With all of the kids that have magically appeared on Massillon's roster over the decades from throughout the state and beyond, I really do not think your fanbase has any room to talk.

With all of the kids that have magically appeared on Massillon's roster over the decades from throughout the state and beyond, I really do not think your fanbase has any room to talk.
Decades? Are you on drugs? One thing that we know for sure, before LaSalle won a few titles, no one took them seriously. How did that happen?🤔

Who cares where or why anyone goes anywhere. Free market society. If I want to send my kid to Jackson for their baseball program or their drama club or whatever it should be permitted. Heck, give me me a edchoice voucher to help my family to relocate. Maybe I'm in a dangerous inner city place like Canton and I'm seeking safety for my child or want them to have better overall education. If we're going to give this choice to private schools then it's only right to give public schools the same. I'm sorry. This just makes to much sense.

Who cares where or why anyone goes anywhere. Free market society. If I want to send my kid to Jackson for their baseball program or their drama club or whatever it should be permitted. Heck, give me me a edchoice voucher to help my family to relocate. Maybe I'm in a dangerous inner city place like Canton and I'm seeking safety for my child or want them to have better overall education. If we're going to give this choice to private schools then it's only right to give public schools the same. I'm sorry. This just makes to much sense.
Or Cincinnati?

A lot more posts of “So what if my school does it, your school does it more”

Who cares where kids live and what school they go to? I’m not restricted to where I can work because I live at a certain address

This sounds about right and Elder may have the lowest enrollment of the 5. Toledo St. John’s D1 in Football?
Elder would be the smallest of the 5. I think X has twice as many students as Elder does actually. I think Elder is around 750-800 kids. X has like 1500-1600, Moe has around 900-1000.

Or Cincinnati?
Anywhere, this is all hypothetical and OHSAA would have to change, ha never gonna happen. But yes, parents should be able to send their child anyplace they wish. We all know some districts are lacking. I mean, look at suburban sprawl. A lot of inner city schools are flat out decay cesspools all across America. Trying to support this idea is like banging your head against a wall.

Decades? Are you on drugs?
Decades? Decades?

How about a CENTURY!

This is from an article on Massillontigers.com (https://massillontigers.com/2022/04/26/carl-f-ducky-schroeder-a-legend-among-legends/) about Carl "Ducky" Schroeder, former Tiger player, coach, and teacher. This is from 1923.

His athletic career began at Canal Fulton High School. Quickly noticed as a standout athlete, “Ducky” was asked to come play for Massillon. So in 1923, prior to his senior year, he took his talent to Massillon to play football (fullback, linebacker), baseball (pitcher) and basketball for the Tigers.

“I made some sort of reputation in Canal Fulton, so that Massillon became interested in my ability and asked me if I would like to play there,” Schroeder said. “Massillon was blazing a trail of glory at that time. If there was anyone I wanted to play with at that time, it was Massillon. In the area surrounding Massillon, you could say that about any boy. I was lucky enough to have a chance to do that. If I hadn’t played at Massillon, I would have never received a chance to go to college.” (1)

Yes, this has been going on at Massillon many, many decades.

What system? If a kid from Middletown wants to go to Moeller, so be it. If a kid from Beachwood wants to go Massillon, who cares?
You have got to be kidding! Have you have read some of the posts from the anti-Massillon gang on Yappi? Many, many schools receive transfers, when Massillon Washington gets some, the whole world is ending. Yes, people should be able to send their children to schools of their choice. However, there should be no exceptions. For example, the OHSAA has certain exceptions.

I think part of the problem is the number of Public high schools in Ohio which causes most Public Division 1 schools to be almost half the size of the big D1 Private schools. Ohio has over double the amount of Public schools that Georgia has whille Georgia has more Private schools. Consolidating school districts and increasing the number of 1000+ boys enrollment public schools would most likely increase the chances of more Public schools being able to compete against the larger Private schools. I think that explains why Private schools are more dominant here in Ohio whereas other states with less Public high schools don't see that same imbalance as much. I realize enrollment is not a direct indicator of success but it would help if the Private schools weren't also the largest schools.

Decades? Decades?

How about a CENTURY!

This is from an article on Massillontigers.com (https://massillontigers.com/2022/04/26/carl-f-ducky-schroeder-a-legend-among-legends/) about Carl "Ducky" Schroeder, former Tiger player, coach, and teacher. This is from 1923.

His athletic career began at Canal Fulton High School. Quickly noticed as a standout athlete, “Ducky” was asked to come play for Massillon. So in 1923, prior to his senior year, he took his talent to Massillon to play football (fullback, linebacker), baseball (pitcher) and basketball for the Tigers.

“I made some sort of reputation in Canal Fulton, so that Massillon became interested in my ability and asked me if I would like to play there,” Schroeder said. “Massillon was blazing a trail of glory at that time. If there was anyone I wanted to play with at that time, it was Massillon. In the area surrounding Massillon, you could say that about any boy. I was lucky enough to have a chance to do that. If I hadn’t played at Massillon, I would have never received a chance to go to college.” (1)

Yes, this has been going on at Massillon many, many decades.
Your obsession isn’t healthy

I think part of the problem is the number of Public high schools in Ohio which causes most Public Division 1 schools to be almost half the size of the big D1 Private schools. Ohio has over double the amount of Public schools that Georgia has whille Georgia has more Private schools. Consolidating school districts and increasing the number of 1000+ boys enrollment public schools would most likely increase the chances of more Public schools being able to compete against the larger Private schools. I think that explains why Private schools are more dominant here in Ohio whereas other states with less Public high schools don't see that same imbalance as much. I realize enrollment is not a direct indicator of success but it would help if the Private schools weren't also the largest schools.
I think this is really only true about St. Xavier and St. Ignatius.