MVL 2022

It's August, so I'm finally logging back into Yappi to see how the season will go. Seems like Piqua is the team to beat again this year? But one would assume they'll be not as dominant as last year correct?
idk I think its 3 scores plus every game

Piqua may be better than they were last year, at least offensively. Defensively the big question mark is the guys upfront on the line. If they get that figured out they could have a nice run again this year.

Piqua announced today that all Piqua games will be presale only. No cash sales will be made at the gate. I kind of understand it, but it makes it a little more difficult for the casual fan.

Sidney going to this policy starting next year. With the seating capacity at Troy,Piqua,Sidney and other stadiums I don't understand why you'd discourage anyone from attending because you don't want to accept cash. Yet cash is accepted for parking,programs,concessions,50/50 drawings,and everything else. It's not like it's standing room only at any of these stadiums so why make it harder for any potential customer who chooses to use cash.I would think booster groups would complain,fewer customers means fewer concessions,etc. ,maybe each booster club member can donate more money to make up the difference, just make sure it's not cash,we wouldn't want school personel dealing with cash.

Piqua announced today that all Piqua games will be presale only. No cash sales will be made at the gate. I kind of understand it, but it makes it a little more difficult for the casual fan.
This trend is frustrating. I feel like these online ticketing sites must be making a pretty good pitch to the schools to be allowed to get away with this.

Just seems stupid that I could walk up to the gate at a nearly empty game with money ready to spend and they won't let you in because it's online purchased e-tickets only. This is local high school sports, not some big college or professional event.

I don't care to go online and pay for tickets but are the school's getting a portion of the processing fee? If not why do it and if they are getting a portion. Then just come out and say were raising are prices to avoid online sales.

I would rather pay a couple extra dollars for a ticket at the gate, then give money to another company. In the end I really don't care I just want to watch some football.

They had quite a few great teams they had 7 on 7s with. Winton Woods, Piqua, etc. These kids will play hard and finish respectfully. Butler parents need to be patient.
Winton Woods was really good Wayne was too. Kids looked solid when playing similar teams.

Love how they did midnight hits. Great idea for all football in Vandalia. Pee Wee and middle school kids getting involved along with the band was great to see.

Cash is an admin problem. Digital makes many things much easier on the back end.
Per our local AD, this is 100% true. There is no need to stay late to count money, trust money is being handled properly and it makes deposits much simpler with them being handled electronically.

Good luck with that! Butler parents are the worst in the MVL, by far. But can you really blame them for having to deal with such horrible individuals as coaches for years, i.e. the former Girls softball coach.
Not true at all. Softball coach thing was a mess but this is football.

Per our local AD, this is 100% true. There is no need to stay late to count money, trust money is being handled properly and it makes deposits much simpler with them being handled electronically.
Because for a SCHOOL EMPLOYEE counting is so difficult. This is quite possibly the dumbest reason yet.

It doesn't matter because this is where we are, and we are going to do what we have to do to watch games or you stay home and don't. Just don't come with ignorant reason's why this is better! Just go straight to the truth. They make more money doing it this way and be done with it.

Because for a SCHOOL EMPLOYEE counting is so difficult. This is quite possibly the dumbest reason yet.

It doesn't matter because this is where we are, and we are going to do what we have to do to watch games or you stay home and don't. Just don't come with ignorant reason's why this is better! Just go straight to the truth. They make more money doing it this way and be done with it.
One of those things you have to live through to understand.

I would still allow cash, but you will get a markup for the admin tasks that do not exsist with digital.

It makes ADs job easier. Isnt he the one making this decision?

The ticket thing is what it is, we don't get a say so in it. Most of us don't like it but it's what they are going to do.

So moving on, I know Piqua scrimmaged Lima Sr Friday night I don't know how it went. They scrimmage Northmont this Friday and I'm thinking I'm going to go check it out right now.

How did everyone's warm ups go?

Honestly, I'm cautiously optimistic about Greenville this season. I feel like they might pull off a few surprises. They played a lot of close games last year, and I feel like they could put together some wins. Feels like the 1992 season, when they won 7 games and got in the playoffs a season after winning only one game and playing a lot of close ones. We will see.

Honestly, I'm cautiously optimistic about Greenville this season. I feel like they might pull off a few surprises. They played a lot of close games last year, and I feel like they could put together some wins. Feels like the 1992 season, when they won 7 games and got in the playoffs a season after winning only one game and playing a lot of close ones. We will see.
Do they return a lot?

Who did they scrimmage? How did it go?
Versailles is coming to Greenville this Friday. I am expecting a balanced contest.

Moreso, the only team last year that Greenville wasn't competitive against was Piqua. Whether it was just luck that they kept it close so many times or not, I guess this season could prove that.

How is Sidney this year? They now have a wr from Springfield who should do very well for the

How is Sidney this year? They now have a wr from Springfield who should do very well for them
Sorry to say this but he needs an attitude change. He came off the sidelines and pushed a kid during a fight between to players. Then after the game, while walking to the bus, he had to be restrained from going after another kid who didn't even play that day.

Sad thing is there were other issues that day with some other Sidney and Northmont players. This will happen again and nothing will be done about it.

Sidney going to this policy starting next year.
Have they announced this? They posted a couple weeks ago that people can still pay cash at the gate this year. Surely they haven’t decided already for next year, have they?

Tipp scrimmaged Anna last night, not sure how good Anna will be but they did win state just a few years ago, probably can’t take much away from the game but Tipp absolutely handled them.

Watched Versailles Greenville scrimmage, it is going to be a long season for the Green Wave. Defense got blown off the ball and offense completed one pass.
Did anybody see Greenville scrimmage Celina?