ROE VS WADE OVERTURNED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think your alone in your morals, that’s what sad ??
That's okay. It's part of the fabric of 'Murica. The number of folks on here that espouse morals that are counter to mine is gigantic. If I was worried about my feelings, I likely wouldn't participate in moral/political/ideological debate in the first place. ?‍♂️

I could only read a few pages of this thread. This topic, like most others, people seem to skew way too far in either direction. As with most things, the answer lies in the middle. Why can't people be reasonable and compromise?

If I were King for a day, here is how this topic gets settled:
- Abortions for a lifestyle choice / convenience are banned. Be smarter with your contraception.
- If the mother's life is in jeopardy, the doctor and mother can choose to have an abortion
- If the fetus is in jeopardy (ectopic pregnancy, etc.) the doctor and mother can choose to have an abortion.
- In cases of rape, incest, or a child under 16 being pregnant, the doctor, mother (and mother's parents) can choose to have an abortion
- Doctors found to perform abortions outside of the above constraints would be as guilty as the mother and charged with a crime.

People only seem to see black and white, extremes. Everything is a shade of grey. Compromise...

L
I could only read a few pages of this thread. This topic, like most others, people seem to skew way too far in either direction. As with most things, the answer lies in the middle. Why can't people be reasonable and compromise?

- Abortions for a lifestyle choice / convenience are banned. Be smarter with your contraception.
- If the mother's life is in jeopardy, the doctor and mother can choose to have an abortion
- If the fetus is in jeopardy (ectopic pregnancy, etc.) the doctor and mother can choose to have an abortion.
- In cases of rape, incest, or a child under 16 being pregnant, the doctor, mother (and mother's parents) can choose to have an abortion
- Doctors found to perform abortions outside of the above constraints would be as guilty as the mother and charged with a crime.

People only seem to see black and white, extremes. Everything is a shade of grey. Compromise...
Better birth control, but there’s a proposed bill in Ohio that would outlaw Plan B and IUDs. This is insanely stupid.

L

Better birth control, but there’s a proposed bill in Ohio that would outlaw Plan B and IUDs. This is insanely stupid.
Im not so sure about that.
The birth rate is already lower then the replacement rate.
marriage are down. Families are dying out.
All this is leading to a societal decline.
Although I’m not for banning all forms of birth control.
We should be encouraging women to stay married.. as it is the woman who files for divorce about 70% of the time.
But since we live in a gynecocentric social order, what I have said above is considered hate speech.
I personally sit back and laugh at the destruction of the west.

We should be encouraging women to stay married.. as it is the woman who files for divorce about 70% of the time.
But since we live in a gynecocentric social order, what I have said above is considered hate speech.
I’ve got news for you, if a woman is looking to get an abortion, there’s a good chance she’s not married or looking to start a family. All this would do is create more single moms.

Until they don’t? When exactly don’t they? The only time they dont is when forced.. ie rape.
They have control and say so of their own body until they get pregnant. Apparently then they become a nonperson and the government take control of them.
Still the responsibility of the women. Women control access to sex.
You are saying they lose control of their bodies after sex. They give up responsibility?

That is what I have found interesting. Quite a few on here agree with all of this and are still pro-life. I say it is pro-compassionate in some very unpleasant situations.

1656705600391.png

Yep tell the truth and you‘re a hater.
Stop placing women on a pedestal. 6 of SCOTUS was brave enough to start the ball rolling.
It’s not putting anyone on a pedestal, it’s a matter of practicality. Forcing someone to be a parent is just going to make life miserable for everyone involved.

All that said, if you knock a woman up and she actually has the child, it’s your responsibility to be a father to the child. It would be best to stay with the mom, but if that doesn’t work, you still need to be involved.

Outlawing contraception is stupid.

After the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, it's left some in Ohio to travel outside the state for an abortion. Among them is a 10-year-old girl.
blm right? after all half of black unborn babies are murdered in the womb.
Which way are you deciding on this?

Mediocrity should not be the goal.

A 10 year old is pregnant? If true (which I have some doubt about), hopefully whoever is supposed to be caring for her will be going to jail as well as whomever impregnated her.

Reactions: y2h

After the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, it's left some in Ohio to travel outside the state for an abortion. Among them is a 10-year-old girl.
A 10 year old had to travel outside the state to get an abortion? The horror!

Wonder if the reporter stopped to think about the issues that lead a 10 year old to get pregnant in the first place...naw just the inconvenience of her abortion.

Her body, her choice right?

blm right? after all half of black unborn babies are murdered in the womb.
Which way are you deciding on this?
Very first sentence of the article states a child abuse doctor. What does blm have to do with this? Child abuse isn't race specific.
On Monday three days after the Supreme Court issued its groundbreaking decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist, took a call from a colleague, a child abuse doctor in Ohio.

L

IVC outright dismissed me what I brought up this possibility. Here we are though with birth control restrictions being proposed and legislation being prepped/filed.

I plan to contact my state rep to voice my opposition. Not that it’ll matter the guy or his staff haven’t bothered to respond to me any other time.

Status
Not open for further replies.