USFL playoffs in Canton

$22 Mack. Sorry to get you riled up like that.

Higher than the state average ? Put down the crack pipe son. Stark county is one of the lowest priced areas in the state to live.

Most of high paying living wage jobs in the county are long gone.

Hoover gone
Diebold gone
Republic and Timken have a fraction of jobs left.

Canton had to raise its income tax to 2.5% it lost so many jobs. They are finding out crack heads don’t pay very many taxes.
Diebold isn't gone, in fact they are building at the former Hoover company.

Haters see what happens when your blind prejudice against another team makes you ignorant of facts? Success at HOV can benefit us all. Don't be so short sighted.

I was there for both games and will be going back for the title game. We can discuss the quality of play but football is football. Both games were competitive. 3 return TDs, one in the final 2 minutes, and a pick 6 so the games didn't lack some excitement.

Watching a TE block a guy through the bench to the base of the stands was interesting as well.

The usfl is an awful product. Don't see how the league survives long with the pathetic attendance for a final 4. I live 30 minutes from the stadium and had zero interest in going

Really the usfl and xfl need to just merge and work with the NFL to be a real minor league feeder league. Then put the teams in cities that don't have NFL teams.

Same place you got your state titles.
Um, 2 scent....

....after going on a several day rant/hissy fit about trolls, where you started two threads, invoked Yappi and basically wasted everybody's time....you glossed right over the post that I have in the quote box above. Wouldnt this post fall under the umbrella of "trolling?" It takes a shot AND takes the thread off course, unless.... .... ....you were being hypocritical.

The usfl is an awful product. Don't see how the league survives long with the pathetic attendance for a final 4. I live 30 minutes from the stadium and had zero interest in going

Really the usfl and xfl need to just merge and work with the NFL to be a real minor league feeder league. Then put the teams in cities that don't have NFL teams.
The NFL already has a minor league feeder system, college football.

The NFL already has a minor league feeder system, college football.
You can have both. College baseball, hockey and basketball exist too. They still have other minor or developmental leagues alongside that. The AHL is a league I go to games for with the monsters since Cleveland doesn't have an NHL team

If the NFL started a league made up of teams from non NFL cities and had it as a feeder league it could work. Guys who don't get much time from NFL rosters can go back and forth like the g league for the NBA. And guys who didn't get drafted would have more opportunities to improve or be discovered if they fell through the cracks

IMO for the USFL or any other league like this to succeed they need to learn from the TBT basketball tournament. Need to have regional teams tied to colleges to pull in that fan base and give people a rooting interest. For example have an Ohio team that is made up mostly of players that played college ball in Ohio or went to HS in Ohio. It can be filled in with other players but the majority have that back ground. Could have FL, TX, GA, CA. Also could have New England area team or Midwest.

IMO for the USFL or any other league like this to succeed they need to learn from the TBT basketball tournament. Need to have regional teams tied to colleges to pull in that fan base and give people a rooting interest. For example have an Ohio team that is made up mostly of players that played college ball in Ohio or went to HS in Ohio. It can be filled in with other players but the majority have that back ground. Could have FL, TX, GA, CA. Also could have New England area team or Midwest.
The AAF did that and I liked it. The Orlando team had all Florida colleges so it gave me a rooting interest for the Florida State and Florida Atlantic players.

They should do what I said in my previous post in terms of having a relationship with the NFL. Then they should go to non NFL cities and take this idea from the AAF. That Orlando team was a good example. Have a team in Columbus area even with all Ohio guys

You can have both. College baseball, hockey and basketball exist too. They still have other minor or developmental leagues alongside that. The AHL is a league I go to games for with the monsters since Cleveland doesn't have an NHL team

If the NFL started a league made up of teams from non NFL cities and had it as a feeder league it could work. Guys who don't get much time from NFL rosters can go back and forth like the g league for the NBA. And guys who didn't get drafted would have more opportunities to improve or be discovered if they fell through the cracks
Isn't that what practice squads do?

Practicing is not nearly the same as playing in competitive games
What? They are going against 1st team units. If there is a time to stand out it is against the real deal. Several players from the practice squad get activated and play in the NFL each season.

Isn't that what practice squads do?
What? They are going against 1st team units. If there is a time to stand out it is against the real deal. Several players from the practice squad get activated and play in the NFL each season.
I'm aware of how the NFL works .. I have season tickets ....

You are acting like practice squad players get a ton of reps vs the first team when they really don't... The focus is on the active roster

Im talking about ways to make a minor league work. And having the bottom part of the roster eligible to go back and forth plus having others who missed out on the NFL all together could make it work in non NFL cities.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As was pointed out, the league business model isn't built on large attendance. They can minimize costs by playing out of a single location and rely on TV rights to pay for the product. The networks claim they got the viewers they expected. The league opener drew 3.1 million viewers and the the remainder averaged about 750k across all platforms not including Peacock. There is already talk of adding a northern hub in Philly for next season.

Um, 2 scent....

....after going on a several day rant/hissy fit about trolls, where you started two threads, invoked Yappi and basically wasted everybody's time....you glossed right over the post that I have in the quote box above. Wouldnt this post fall under the umbrella of "trolling?" It takes a shot AND takes the thread off course, unless.... .... ....you were being hypocritical.
Speaking of hypocritical, why do Massillon fans troll other threads yet complain and complain and complain about realists trolling their thread to the point that Yappi has to create a snowflake Massillon thread every year?

As was pointed out, the league business model isn't built on large attendance. They can minimize costs by playing out of a single location and rely on TV rights to pay for the product. The networks claim they got the viewers they expected. The league opener drew 3.1 million viewers and the the remainder averaged about 750k across all platforms not including Peacock. There is already talk of adding a northern hub in Philly for next season.
Wow. A logical and reasonable take. Look at that.

There's as many people in attendance for these two games today as they get for their home games in their own cities in fact I think there's more. Bottom line is when the NFL finishes their season people mentally move on to other sports or activities and these other leagues keep trying to make it work but it just doesn't.

7 of the 8 markets literally had zero attendance this year.

And the only that got to host, Birmingham, had putrid attendance even for Stallion games, and that's a state with zero pro teams.

This league will not last.

images (3).jpeg

Housing in Canton and North Canton is up higher than state average, commercial development is booming, and population is actually growing but yeah this whole hall of fame village idea must suck because the USFL didn't sell very many tickets. I swear you people will complain about anything and everything regardless of how it actually turns out
To be clear, I didn’t complain or blame Stark County or the supporting regional entities, I blamed the USFL for poorly thinking this out. Let’s see, let’s play a whole 10 game season and name the teams after big cities but never play a single game in front of their fans. Let’s follow that up by putting the playoff games in the Hall of Fame stadium which does not have fans within a 300 miles radius. Let’s see how many fans we can attract. They realistically could have played this game at any division 6 or 7 high school stadium and gotten the same result.

I think your idea has merit. I would suggest the NFL allow 65-70 guys on a roster but only 45 active. The balance of the roster could play development games of 5-7 weeks and mixed with other teams. This way practices would be in an NFL setting against NFL players and developed by NFL staffs. NFL staffs would have to be increased as Sunday coaches will focus on winning on Sunday but other coaches could serve as player development coaches for the other players. The development games would be kind of like a JV style but would not be reliant on big crowds or big stadiums. The NBA kind of does this with two way contract players already.

Also, gambling is a big part of the business model.

Attendance and fan support was never part of the equation

I'm aware of how the NFL works .. I have season tickets ....

You are acting like practice squad players get a ton of reps vs the first team when they really don't... The focus is on the active roster

Im talking about ways to make a minor league work. And having the bottom part of the roster eligible to go back and forth plus having others who missed out on the NFL all together could make it work in non NFL cities.
Why not expand the NFL practice squads to 45 guys and have the practice squads from each team play games against each other on say a Thursday each week. Allow the NFL teams to bring up a certain number each year if needed.

Last edited:
Why not expand the NFL practice squads to 45 guys and have the practice squads from each team play games against each other on say a Thursday each week. Allow the NFL teams to bring up a certain number each year if needed.
Would accomplish the same purpose. Affiliated with the NFL and a development ground. I think having more players who aren't on teams would open up the possibility for those players to make it more though. Would be 32 shots instead of being owned by one team

Would accomplish the same purpose. Affiliated with the NFL and a development ground. I think having more players who aren't on teams would open up the possibility for those players to make it more though. Would be 32 shots instead of being owned by one team
With these arrangement ideas, are the NFL organizations or the NFL itself incurring any additional costs?