ROE VS WADE OVERTURNED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another striking thing to me this morning is to see the pictures of pro and anti protesters side by side.

On the life side, there are these smiling, beautiful women who look like my wife, daughter, daughter-in-law, sisters, and granddaughter.

On the death side, they look like a bunch of men and women getting ready for a Halloween party with hatred written all over their faces.

I'd juxtapose those pictures and ask the persuadable, "Which team do you want to join?" :)

Last edited:
Abortion is something I'm against. I'm also comfortable letting God sort it out. But, to suggest an abortion at that stage is repulsive. Let the States vote on the abortion procedure. If the people approve it, not much can be said. Imo.

Social conservatives will never willingly let that happen. Too great a chance the people will overturn their life’s work.

An observation from my own life.

My Facebook is filled with irate and unhappy women over roe. This doesn’t surprise me but the number of them who I wouldn’t expect to angry does surprise me. An awful lot of

“ I don’t support abortion but damned if your gonna tell me what I can do with my body.”

It’ll be interesting to see if dems can harness this. Might help them mitigate some losses top ballot and gain down ballot.

Proving that you do not understand anything about conservatives. Lol.

History lesson on me.

I grew up in a catholic school and then moved over to a deeply conservative church. For about five years of my life you’d see me in a church pew three times a week. I even frequented revivals and raised money for missionary’s. So believe me when I say that I understand social conservatives because I used to be one.

Social conservatives are smart kind people but they are also very politically astute. Many have worked their whole lives trying to get roe overturned. They stacked legislatures with their candidates. They raised hundreds of millions of dollars to influence politics and move policy. You think they want to leave all this to chance at the hands of the people? Not a single one I’ve known would say yes to that idea.

Also while we are at it. You’ve used your son’s military service to shade me a few times. Just so you know I’m a former service member. I took the same oath your son did and I’m assuming you most likely didn’t. Never judge a book by its cover friend.

Last edited:

My Facebook is filled with irate and unhappy women over roe. This doesn’t surprise me but the number of them who I wouldn’t expect to angry does surprise me. An awful lot of

“ I don’t support abortion but damned if your gonna tell me what I can do with my body.”

It’ll be interesting to see if dems can harness this. Might help them mitigate some losses top ballot and gain down ballot.
No one is telling anyone what to do with their body. A) this decision has nothing to do with the legality of abortion, it leaves the decision to the proper legislative authority. B) having sex is a choice, if you don't like the consequences of the action don't do it ?‍♂️

12 consecutive posts at 2AM by y2h. What a hell of a Friday night that guy had
Your gf was worn out by that point so I had some time on my hands.

Also if you are attacking me rather than the substance of the posts i must be doing something right.

Proving that you do not understand anything about conservatives. Lol.

What was inaccurate about his statement? Conservatives are not deterred by majority opinion. Whether Roe, gun, climate etc. They oppose *voter referendums, and rely on electoral college, gerrymandering, voter suppression, and the filibuster, with backing from a conservative court, to rule from the minority. Why pretend to be embarrassed? Rejoice. *There is already a push by republican state legislatures to raise referendums to 60%.

As far as "understanding" conservatives... I understand Donald Trump, Marjorie Taylor Green, Bill Barr, Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney, George Will, Mitch McConnell, Lauren Boebert, and IVCguy, all call themselves "strong conservatives". Pretty much all you need to know about the weight of that term.

Highly unlikely. Abortion is currently barely cracking the top 10 list of things people are concerned about this cycle. The people losing their sht over this would be better off focusing their anger on getting out and doing the actual work of getting a referendum on the ballot for whichever state they reside.

I would say that "I can barely afford gas to get to work or to put food on the table for my family" trumps
anything that has to do with abortion.

All of those angry freaks and nut jobs roaming the streets over this WILL NOT vote Republican this fall.

Just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
What was inaccurate about his statement? Conservatives are not deterred by majority opinion. Whether Roe, gun, climate etc. They oppose *voter referendums, and rely on electoral college, gerrymandering, voter suppression, and the filibuster, with backing from a conservative court, to rule from the minority. Why pretend to be embarrassed? Rejoice. *There is already a push by republican state legislatures to raise referendums to 60%.

As far as "understanding" conservatives... I understand Donald Trump, Marjorie Taylor Green, Bill Barr, Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney, George Will, Mitch McConnell, Lauren Boebert, and IVCguy, all call themselves "strong conservatives". Pretty much all you need to know about the weight of that term.
Half of the people you mentioned are liberals lol...You not only don't understand conservatives, you dont even know who they are

I didn't realize you couldn't travel freely between states ?
This is a really dumb take. Impoverished people in inner-cities and certain rural communities aren't going to have the means to "travel freely" for some "abortion tourism" like wealthier Americans.

Angry old liberal man is ranting about conservatives again, and making sht up as he goes. lol.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Your gf was worn out by that point so I had some time on my hands.

Also if you are attacking me rather than the substance of the posts i must be doing something right.

What are "things deeply religious people with strong conservative morals say" for $500 Alex?

You care as much about a pregnant teen, or a married middle age woman w/ grown kids, or their pregnancies, or their kids, as a bug on the bottom of your shoe. Phony.

History lesson on me.

I grew up in a catholic school and then moved over to a deeply conservative church. For about five years of my life you’d see me in a church pew three times a week. I even frequented revivals and raised money for missionary’s. So believe me when I say that I understand social conservatives because I used to be one.

Social conservatives are smart kind people but they are also very politically astute. Many have worked their whole lives trying to get roe overturned. They stacked legislatures with their candidates. They raised hundreds of millions of dollars to influence politics and move policy. You think they want to leave all this to chance at the hands of the people? Not a single one I’ve known would say yes to that idea.

Also while we are at it. You’ve used your son’s military service to shade me a few times. Just so you know I’m a former service member. I took the same oath your son did and I’m assuming you most likely didn’t. Never judge a book by its cover friend.
OK. well a lot there.

What you are calling "social conservatives" I assume are the "Christain/evangelical right". Yes, they sat quietly in the 60s and 70s and let the godless Left take over our culture. They woke up in the 1980s and realized they had to get into the political game to prevent the Left from totally destroying the country. As with most movements, it was reactionary and it went too far in the sense that these people ultimately believe that Jesus Christ is the answer, not politics or a political party. The church got too entwined with Republican Party politics and, in my opinion, and that of many others, the result of that is not that we made politics more righteous, but more that the church got corrupted by politics and was distracted from its main purpose. A correction was made in the 90s where the church distanced itself from party politics, but individuals were encouraged to let their faith inform their politics and be active in non and para-church organizations that do politics, not church. And that's where we are today - and it is a healthy place, I believe - and it has been very effective.

But, I view myself as a conservative - no other descriptors needed. When I said you don't understand conservatives, what I was referring to is that fundamental to how I think about domestic issues like abortion is framed by the Constitution. The Left likes to say that I want a "theocracy". It's a lie. Why? Because that would violate the Constitution. I want all the rights that are enumerated in the Constitution to be upheld and I do not want any extra-constitutional rights (like abortion) to be conjured and imposed. I do not want abortion crammed down on the country, as happened, and I do not want a court to cram down an abortion ban on the country. If an abortion amendment or federal or state legislative law does either of those things, then it is constitutional. I might not like it or agree with it, but I will accept it because, again, it is constitutional and would have been achieved through a constitutional process. Therefore, if you don't understand that, you do not understand the motivations of conservatives.

Finally, you would have to show me how I have thrown "shade" at you using my son's military service. That sounds like something I wouldn't do, but lefties have strange sensibilities and ways of hearing/receiving criticism. What I would do is share his opinion on things related to the military because he has standing to have an opinion. But if you served and have an opinion, then I would take the position that you also have standing, even if your opinion is in direct contradiction to his. He had two combat deployments, and if you also actually fought, then I would view you as having the exact same standing. So, you are going to have to get more specific about what "shade" represents.

See above.

There is a lot that you think you understand, that you don't. But the Constitution allows that, so knock yourself out.

This is a really dumb take. Impoverished people in inner-cities and certain rural communities aren't going to have the means to "travel freely" for some "abortion tourism" like wealthier Americans.
Washington DC!

Come for the abortion, stay to see the sights!

What are "things deeply religious people with strong conservative morals say" for $500 Alex?

You care as much about a pregnant teen, or a married middle age woman w/ grown kids, or their pregnancies, or their kids, as a bug on the bottom of your shoe. Phony.
No, a phony is someone that wants to ban the second amendment when there is a school shooting but remains silent when many, many more children are murdered in the inner cities.The fact is. You dont care about kids being murdered. You want the second ammendment to be gone so you commies can impose your totalitarianism. Hypocrite who lacks the courage to say what he really means. You and every other liberal

History lesson on me.

People have strong emotions on both sides. One is based on saving a human life. The other is based upon a woman's right. I guess you could tie the one side into spiritual thought. Is it good vrs evil? My opinion is the spiritual side is correct. I have the opinion to let God sort it out, as I have said many times. Review that picture I posted of the pregnant woman. Would you support her right to an abortion? Would you support a woman's right to abort one week before the term is finished? The whole idea makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.