American 'heroes' nominated to replace Confederate officers' names on Army bases

Looks like they made some effort to name many after people born or resided in those states. Personally, I'm more a fan of the concept approach.

The better question is why did the US name Military bases after Confederate Generals who we fought and beat in a bloody war.

Erasing history, one of the hallmarks totalitarianism.

Then I'm sure are you not in favor of easing from history:
Gen. Richard Cavazos
Lt. Gen. Hal Moore
Dr. Mary Edwards Walker
Lt. Gen. Arthur J. Gregg
Tech Sgt. Van T. Barfoot
Sgt. William Henry Johnson
Michael Novosel

did you mean naming something after someone?
No. You see the fact that we did name these places after someone, becomes part of history. Removing their name is the act of erasing history. I know you don't want to be associated with totalitarian ideas, but this is one of theirs.

No what? Are you saying that you intentionally wrote "that not naming someone after something is not erasing history. ?" Who are you naming after what thing? If you're thinking that Gen Bragg was named after Ft. Bragg, I think you got some reading to do.
The issue people have with these names is misplaced. As usual, you and others are applying today's standards to people who lived long ago. This is what Eisenhower said when questioned about him having a picture of Gen Lee in his office. So perhaps it is you who have some reading to do.

"Respecting your August 1 inquiry calling attention to my often expressed admiration for General Robert E. Lee, I would say, first, that we need to understand that at the time of the War between the States the issue of secession had remained unresolved for more than 70 years. Men of probity, character, public standing and unquestioned loyalty, both North and South, had disagreed over this issue as a matter of principle from the day our Constitution was adopted…."

I think you need to apply brain. No one knows what you're talking about, naming people after things. These are things named after people, not people named after things.
You are choosing to not understand. It is a pretty simple concept, and ignoring what Eisenhower's view is on the subject. It is a common stance among liberals, judging those in the past, with the present. It is ignorant.

Naming something in the 1960's after a racist Confederate General is history....just not the kind you are thinking about. It had a point...it was a White Power Flex.
Democrats should be erased from history.

You are choosing to not understand. It is a pretty simple concept,

You are choosing to not correct of clarify your statement. At this point, I'm not sure anything is simple to you. Just clarify.

Did you REALLY mean to write
A) that not naming someone after something is not erasing history. (which doesn't seem to apply to the discussion)

or did you REALLY mean to write
B) that not naming something after someone is not erasing history. (which would seem to apply to the discussion)

A... or B. Pretty simple question.

lol at erasing them from history. Must have missed the part where this measure also removes their names from every book, article, video, etc. The dramatics are funny

Also can’t tell if hammerdrill really can’t figure out what eib is talking about, despite it being spelled out for him, or if he’s intentionally doubling down because he can’t admit he’s wrong. Either way, also very funny

You are choosing to not correct of clarify your statement. At this point, I'm not sure anything is simple to you. Just clarify.

Did you REALLY mean to write
A) that not naming someone after something is not erasing history. (which doesn't seem to apply to the discussion)

or did you REALLY mean to write
B) that not naming something after someone is not erasing history. (which would seem to apply to the discussion)

A... or B. Pretty simple question.
It is clearly B, while the words I typed were incorrect, it is not a complicated subject, so it should have been obvious what I meant, given the additional information provided in subsequent posts.

lol at erasing them from history. Must have missed the part where this measure also removes their names from every book, article, video, etc. The dramatics are funny

Also can’t tell if hammerdrill really can’t figure out what eib is talking about, despite it being spelled out for him, or if he’s intentionally doubling down because he can’t admit he’s wrong. Either way, also very funny
They are being erased from the military base. Liberal totalitarians want all history they do not like to be removed, this is a step in that direction. So your inability to understand this is concerning.