Curse of Massillon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we don't do the same thing ? They learned how to condition better, recruit better and , yes, coach better . I love what Nate is doing BUT he needs help in order for us to take that final step.
In my opinion where we run into issues with depth more so than conditioning or coaching. Massillon always has an abundance of skill talent but has historically lacked elsewhere.

In my opinion where we run into issues with depth more so than conditioning or coaching. Massillon always has an abundance of skill talent but has historically lacked elsewhere.
Line talent and depth has been less than optimal no doubt but really with our supposedly great strength and conditioning program we should have a bunch of strong kids even if they are a bit vertically challenged. Also, most of the time we really don’t play linemen both ways and if you only need a few of them to rep both ways that shouldn’t be a problem. Hoban did it to us in ‘18 when they brought those two monsters in to play DT and clog up the middle.

Here are the highest public school Competitive Balance numbers from the latest data I could find. I believe Covid disrupted the count for last year.

64 Cincinnati Walnut Hills
64 Cincinnati Winton Woods
63 Massillon
46 Cincinnati Princeton
42 Cleveland John Hay
37 Mogadore
34 Cincinnati Aiken
33 Cincinnati Hughes
33 Hamilton New Miami

Here are the highest public school Competitive Balance numbers from the latest data I could find. I believe Covid disrupted the count for last year.

64 Cincinnati Walnut Hills
64 Cincinnati Winton Woods
63 Massillon
46 Cincinnati Princeton
42 Cleveland John Hay
37 Mogadore
34 Cincinnati Aiken
33 Cincinnati Hughes
33 Hamilton New Miami
How many of them transferred to Massillon after they started high school? I'm guessing not a lot.

I mean… last time Massillon made it to a State Final was 2005 and had an all time collective special team. Moore has taken them there 3 times. You wanna fire that guy?
Listen, we haven’t won the last game once. Nate has done a nice job, better than most since who knows when. But if you all want to win the last game, become state champions, then he must make moves and decisions to get us to that destination. If he can’t do that, and we continue to be basic and predictable and he’s ok with it, and we don’t win the last game. Then yeah, he can go. I don’t care how you look at it, he’s 0-3 here in Massillon and we weren’t close in any of those games. Well the first one we made the comeback but it was 34-7 at one point

Wow. You are a lone voice in the wilderness on here. Most Massillon posters sing his praises to the highest heaven.
I like Nate, he’s a great guy. His wife is a great person. They’re good for our kids, but we’re talking specifically football. Week 15 and now 16 we haven’t won yet. So I’ll push as much as I can until it happens.

Excuse me, is this the same curse that has Massillon wining more games than any team in ohio and only 15 from leading the nation??
And the same curse that allows Massillon to lead the USA in state and national championships ??
And that causes them to be one of the most consistent/best overall programs in Ohio? Hmm, yea, I do feel sorry for them.

And we don't do the same thing ? They learned how to condition better, recruit better and , yes, coach better . I love what Nate is doing BUT he needs help in order for us to take that final step.
Absolutely what I’m trying to get at. Well said

You

You have repeatedly made asinine comments about other schools and even a kid. Then you cowardly blamed it on your age.

But you're a lot like many other arrogant Ignatius grads. Why do you care what Massillon paid Moore?
For all the titles Iggy has won I've never found them to be arrogant.

On the other hand you have a school that has never won a title...in any sport...that cant wait to tell you how great they are and how much every one else sucks.

Excuse me, is this the same curse that has Massillon wining more games than any team in ohio and only 15 from leading the nation??
And the same curse that allows Massillon to lead the USA in state and national championships ??
And herein lies the issue - you hang onto your past accomplishments in a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately world. Its been 50 years - FIFTY YEARS - since you've won a state title. With all the advantages Massillon has at their disposal, zero state titles causes people to say things like "Its a curse" because there are no plausible explanations.

Name another public school in D2 that could beat LaSalle and Hoban in back-to-back weeks it's damn near impossible. Massillon has been asked to do that in 2 of their last 3 state title appearances.
You saying Massillon is just another school?

I'd take Moore every day over Tyrell. What's going on at Hoban is a concentrated effort to bring talent into the system and that goes beyond Tyrell. Maybe hire Del Medico as a consultant to bring in resources, that I could get behind.
That's been going on at Massillon since the PB days.

There is no curse, just a program that refuses to change from what worked for them 50++ years ago. Each year build a schedule that gives you 9 home games and have the fake sport news writers talk about how good this team is. If those talented teams were playing games home and AWAY and maybe in the chase for a league title, and taking that experience into the playoffs a state championship would have happen at least 5 times now. The only good part of the Tiger schedule is Harding, Fitch and McKinley because it is a home- home yearly schedule.

How many of them transferred to Massillon after they started high school? I'm guessing not a lot.
I can think of 2 that started HS at Hoban and left for Massillon recently, 1 was from Jackson and the other Akron. Both currently on D1 rosters and big contributors to the Massillon teams. And several other starters and key players who did likewise. I would guess that there are more kids that start HS at Hoban (or elsewhere) and leave for other HS (including Massillon) than transfer in after freshman year. There are a few examples, Clark, Crable that started at Massillon and came to Hoban, but I can give you more examples of kids leaving Hoban for other HS's (including Massillon). Bottom line with today's rules it happens everywhere.

I can think of 2 that started HS at Hoban and left for Massillon recently, 1 was from Jackson and the other Akron. Both currently on D1 rosters and big contributors to the Massillon teams. And several other starters and key players who did likewise. I would guess that there are more kids that start HS at Hoban (or elsewhere) and leave for other HS (including Massillon) than transfer in after freshman year. There are a few examples, Clark, Crable that started at Massillon and came to Hoban, but I can give you more examples of kids leaving Hoban for other HS's (including Massillon). Bottom line with today's rules it happens everywhere.
Are you referring to Murphy as being “from Jackson” lol

also what about the O linemen Hoban got from Wooster that transferred in during high school. What about the Fox kid from Glenoak. What about Kirk from Dublin. Please people do not buy this lie that Hoban loses more kids than they gain. They lose kids that wouldn’t ever start there and gain star players from other teams.

Are you referring to Murphy as being “from Jackson” lol

also what about the O linemen Hoban got from Wooster that transferred in during high school. What about the Fox kid from Glenoak. What about Kirk from Dublin. Please people do not buy this lie that Hoban loses more kids than they gain. They lose kids that wouldn’t ever start there and gain star players from other teams.
Hoban = bad , Massillon =good ….. got it!

Maybe whoever prints the Fed champ shirts for Massillon should save their ink for state title tshirts.

Any kind of single elimination tournament is very tough to win. I bet you can look at the playoffs every year and atleast a couple of the divisions most people would agree maybe the best team didn’t win that year. I’d still wager any amount of money on 2014 CCC would win 9/10 games against coldwater. But all it took was the 1 game. It’s tough to win.
Are you kidding? Coldwater never punted in that game! They put up >60 ccc and literally scored on every possession. That was one of the most lopsided state championship games in OHSAA history.

Jock sniffer, got it. I bet you were so excited to tell people at college that you knew the great Zwick family. Wait, are you a Massillon fan or CCC? You stated at one point that you’re a fan of Massillon because there aren’t many CCC posters. ?? What a weasel.
I don’t even know where to begin to unpack this jumbled nonsense lol. I’ve read a lot of dumb on this site, but this has to be near the top. I think you need to drop the 3rd S from your username to start.

let’s try though…

I was in college when Justin transferred to Massillon. Hence why would I recruit him to a school I didn’t go to or never went too as y2k suggested. Hence my reply to him.

I went to CCC. I’m from Massillon. Parents went to Massillon. Most of extended family did too. So…hence… I’m a fan of CCC but will support Massillon. They’ve only played each other once .. not usually a problem eh lol?

I stated I’m mostly on Massillon threads bc there’s only one other CCC poster here frequently so there’s not a lot of CCC talk. Much more Massillon talk. I’m sure you MAY have noticed.

How exactly do you make it thru the day when you can’t understand a thing you read? God that’s gotta be miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.