Curse of Massillon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should hope CCC would do better after the absolute clinic Coldwater put on for their benefit. Some maybe more memorial than others like what to do when your opponent fails to put a man on your gunner on a punt.
It happens. It wouldn’t happen 90% of the time. But it shows how tough single elimination is.

I represented the statement exactly what I said. Verbatim. It wasn’t directed to you in the first place. You just felt the urge to chime in. Right?

“My team” lost in round one to Mogadore. Reeling from it would mean I have some kind of emotional attachment to the team which, unless my kid is playing, I don’t. I have a nephew playing there but I got over it pretty quickly. Maybe people oughta question why they have an emotional attachment, or at least some sort of invested interest in Massillon losing. We have people commenting and liking literally every post on here whose own team got beat by 19 to Hoban, yet were ecstatic bc Massillon lost. It’s so weird lol.
If it weren't for the Massillon trolls, like # 82 and JLP, who talk like they're the greatest gift to high school football but have never seen Massillon win a single title in any sport I wouldn't be here. I'm on here because high school sports are a hobby of mine. If my team loses fine, move on to the next one. "My team" has won 39 OHSAA team state championships and over 60 OHSAA individual state championships since I've been a teenager. If they lose by 19 to a team like Hoban, it doesn't bother me a bit. I posted in that thread congratulating the Knights the minute that game ended. #82 and JLP have cowered in the closet for over 17 hours now.

btw, I haven't liked every post. In fact I haven't liked a single one of yours. (y)

If it weren't for the Massillon trolls, like # 82 and JLP, who talk like they're the greatest gift to high school football but have never seen Massillon win a single title in any sport I wouldn't be here. I'm on here because high school sports are a hobby of mine. If my team loses fine, move on to the next one. "My team" has won 39 OHSAA team state championships and over 60 OHSAA individual state championships since I've been a teenager. If they lose by 19 to a team like Hoban, it doesn't bother me a bit. I posted in that thread congratulating the Knights the minute that game ended. #82 and JLP have cowered in the closet for over 17 hours now.

btw, I haven't liked every post. In fact I haven't liked a single one of yours. (y)
So you fully admit your jimmies get rustled on 90’s technology message boards. Got it ?. You do you homie.

I represented the statement exactly what I said. Verbatim. It wasn’t directed to you in the first place. You just felt the urge to chime in. Right?

“My team” lost in round one to Mogadore. Reeling from it would mean I have some kind of emotional attachment to the team which, unless my kid is playing, I don’t. I have a nephew playing there but I got over it pretty quickly. Maybe people oughta question why they have an emotional attachment, or at least some sort of invested interest in Massillon losing. We have people commenting and liking literally every post on here whose own team got beat by 19 to Hoban, yet were ecstatic bc Massillon lost. It’s so weird lol.
Your screen name is directly related to Massillon. “It’s so weird lol.”

They were once the top program in the state by a wide margin.
That’s the issue. As determined by who ?
“Top program in the state” determined by a vote of sportswriters. There were strong teams in SW Ohio for example who felt otherwise but the sportswriters ?made the call.
Now Titles are won via playoff gauntlet and the rest is Yappi lore history

So you fully admit your jimmies get rustled on 90’s technology message boards. Got it ?. You do you homie.
I'd rather be me and defend my been there, done that school against trolls who's team has never won a thing in the last 50 years than be you.
I don't think that after over 14 years and 1600 posts that anyone even knew you were a CCC fan and alum. I bet that none of your last 100 posts were on a Canton Central thread. To sum it up, I'd rather be me than a Massillon wannabe. But you do you homie. (y) ?

#82 and JLP are the main henchmen but there are many more following along right behind them. This swamp is too big to be drained.

Zwick in a weird place. A Massillon guy who wisely moved to Green and sends his kids to private parochial schools. Some of his dissonance is showing. I love Massillon (see his screen name) but not enough to live there. :unsure:

That’s the issue. As determined by who ?
“Top program in the state” determined by a vote of sportswriters. There were strong teams in SW Ohio for example who felt otherwise but the sportswriters ?made the call.
Now Titles are won via playoff gauntlet and the rest is Yappi lore history
Perhaps from year to year. Feel free to nominate a program better over the entire pre-playoff era.

Massillon is a very good program….regardless of what you think about the title claims, they’re beating the heck out of a lot of if not most teams overall across the state….some of their fans will rub many the wrong way and that’s fine every program has that….but to say there no good etc….just not true.,,..,..lots and lots of programs would prefer to have the level of success Massillon has had….

I’m definitely not hiding. Scoreboard says we lost. I congratulated Green. I was completely wrong on my thoughts on the game. I didn’t think we would show up and play THAT sloppy and be THAT predictable. And I’m one to try to not blame officiating but I can tell you that 20 penalties on any single team is absolutely ridiculous. But we turned the ball over, got out game planned, out coached, and out played. I’m blaming this loss directly on the coaching whether anyone else likes what I say or not. I’m not sugar coating it like most will. It was embarrassing that we got out everything last night. That’s just not acceptable. Again hats off to Green. They have a good coach and some tough gutsy young men. They should be proud

Last edited:
How many kids on Massillon's team are not from the immediate area? I know there is a kid or two from the Akron area who come in because of open enrollment, but a lot of other schools have open enrollment. I just don't think too many kids from around the state are going to want to move to Massillon to play football. As far as why Moore would leave LaSalle to coach Massillon, it's Massillon. You coach Massillon is often leads to bigger and better things because the program is run like a college program. Look at all of the coaches who have gone on to bigger and better things in the college ranks after leaving Massillon.

Massillon is a very good program….regardless of what you think about the title claims, they’re beating the heck out of a lot of if not most teams overall across the state….some of their fans will rub many the wrong way and that’s fine every program has that….but to say there no good etc….just not true.,,..,..lots and lots of programs would prefer to have the level of success Massillon has had….
I dont think the majority on here think that Massillon is "no good". Just tired of hearing how they play the best schedule. How the have the best fan base. How they have the best facilities. Constantly ripping the Fed league and teams. They are obviously a good program, but what have they done lately that makes them envious of other programs? Had a few good years lately, but won nothing. They have a high win total, but so what. Isnt the ultimate goal to be OSHAA State Champions? Lots and lots of programs would take their recent state championships over being a good program that hasnt won anything in 50yrs.

I'd rather be me and defend my been there, done that school against trolls who's team has never won a thing in the last 50 years than be you.
I don't think that after over 14 years and 1600 posts that anyone even knew you were a CCC fan and alum. I bet that none of your last 100 posts were on a Canton Central thread. To sum it up, I'd rather be me than a Massillon wannabe. But you do you homie. (y) ?
Well, just like in everything else, you’d be wrong. There’s 1 other CCC poster here frequently. Not a lot of traction that way huh? And not like you’d ever know. You live in Massillon threads. I’m not sure you go to any other ones.

Zwick in a weird place. A Massillon guy who wisely moved to Green and sends his kids to private parochial schools. Some of his dissonance is showing. I love Massillon (see his screen name) but not enough to live there. :unsure:
We lived in Massillon. Just always went to parochial schools. We moved to Green when my wife took a job in Cleveland. I already work up here.

How many kids on Massillon's team are not from the immediate area? I know there is a kid or two from the Akron area who come in because of open enrollment, but a lot of other schools have open enrollment. I just don't think too many kids from around the state are going to want to move to Massillon to play football. As far as why Moore would leave LaSalle to coach Massillon, it's Massillon. You coach Massillon is often leads to bigger and better things because the program is run like a college program. Look at all of the coaches who have gone on to bigger and better things in the college ranks after leaving Massillon.
It is hard to say.... A good portion of Massillon's competitive balance number are kids that have been at Massillon for the majority of their academic career. Neighborhoods like where I grew up(in tuslaw school district) have produced a lot of Massillon Tigers that have been there since grade school.

Massillon is in the top 5 of Competitive Balance counts among public schools. And remember, that number in no way reflects the number of kids that are on the team and that transferred along with moving into the school district. With a CB number in the 50's, there are between 18 and 50 kids in the football program that don't live in the school district.

Massillon is in the top 5 of Competitive Balance counts among public schools. And remember, that number in no way reflects the number of kids that are on the team and that transferred along with moving into the school district. With a CB number in the 50's, there are between 18 and 50 kids in the football program that don't live in the school district.
It’s been that way since… forever. That’s what happens when you have a successful program. Who are the other 4 in the top 5?

Massillon has shown repeatedly they will sit a home grown kid in favor of a recruit from Zwick to Clark to Kempt and beyond. To suggest otherwise is just silly.

Massillon has shown repeatedly they will sit a home grown kid in favor of a recruit from Zwick to Clark to Kempt and beyond. To suggest otherwise is just silly.
Well of course, those kids were better than what we had. Of course they’re going to play. We’ve had plenty of our own kids do great things and we have had kids that either moved or transferred that have also done great things. My problem recently is the fact that Nate still falls short when it comes to playing his absolute best players both ways. Not only that, he loves to play kids that their parents are somehow involved in the school whether it’s as a teacher or administrator. Well why would I complain about that? I’m not going to call out names but I will tell you the last several have NO BUSINESS playing in the first place. I’m so disgusted with what I’ve seen out of this coaching staff that I thought was actually good. Well I was wrong again. They’re not. Jury is still out on Nate. Time is about up. He either gets some things fixed or maybe he just isn’t the right guy in charge

Well of course, those kids were better than what we had. Of course they’re going to play. We’ve had plenty of our own kids do great things and we have had kids that either moved or transferred that have also done great things. My problem recently is the fact that Nate still falls short when it comes to playing his absolute best players both ways. Not only that, he loves to play kids that their parents are somehow involved in the school whether it’s as a teacher or administrator. Well why would I complain about that? I’m not going to call out names but I will tell you the last several have NO BUSINESS playing in the first place. I’m so disgusted with what I’ve seen out of this coaching staff that I thought was actually good. Well I was wrong again. They’re not. Jury is still out on Nate. Time is about up. He either gets some things fixed or maybe he just isn’t the right guy in charge
I mean… last time Massillon made it to a State Final was 2005 and had an all time collective special team. Moore has taken them there 3 times. You wanna fire that guy?

My problem recently is the fact that Nate still falls short when it comes to playing his absolute best players both ways. Not only that, he loves to play kids that their parents are somehow involved in the school whether it’s as a teacher or administrator. I’m not going to call out names but I will tell you the last several have NO BUSINESS playing in the first place. I’m so disgusted with what I’ve seen out of this coaching staff that I thought was actually good. Well I was wrong again. They’re not. Jury is still out on Nate. Time is about up. He either gets some things fixed or maybe he just isn’t the right guy in charge
Wow. You are a lone voice in the wilderness on here. Most Massillon posters sing his praises to the highest heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.