D7 R25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I've got my ignorance out of the way.....I like Dalton in this region because I believe they very likely have the 2 best athletes in the region.

In addition...one can't resist pouring gasoline on a fire.....so go ahead and give me the Bulldogs over the Bobcats and I think the 14 points being discussed earlier is Vegas style spot on for the spread...so let's set the spread at 13.5 and I'll take Dalton and lay the points. 42-28 Dalton. Hubbard beat them 48-28, they had trouble containing the RB from Hubbard....think they'll have similar problems this Friday.
(someone alert freezing cold takes on Twitter in case this doesn't age well :ROFLMAO:)
That Hubbard comment is a true statement. However, as good at the 2 dudes are (Schlabach is a BEAST at D7 level) that Dalton has 1) neither one of those dudes is TC Caffey and 2) Dalton has a good line, I would argue Norwayne's is better and it's been proven Hubbards is better than theirs.

I will also ignore the fact you equated what a top 4 seeded D3 school did at home with what Dalton can do on the road. ; )

Here are my thoughts on the strength of the teams after week 9. Not based on Harbin ratings. Some teams on my list will be below 16 in the seeding but does that really mean #20 can't beat # 16? I have my own agenda and SOS has a lot to do with it plus meeting 2 over .500 teams back to back. Won't mean anything come week 11.

1-Dalton
2-Warren JFK
3-Lucas +1
4-Norwalk St Paul -1
5-Independence
6-Malvern
7-Plymouth
8-Cuyahoga Hts
9-Salineville Southern
10-Mapleton +1
11-Monroeville -1
12-Lowellville
13-Valley Christian
14-South Central
15-Toronto
16-McDonald
17-Wellsville
18-Mathews +1
19-Windham -1
20-David Anderson
21-Leetonia
22-Jackson-Milton
23-Buckeye Central +1
24-Steubenville CC -1
25-Fairport Harding
26-Sebring McKiney
27-St John's
28-Crestline

The gauntlet you mentioned was Kennedy's path to the regional championship just last year. Crazy. Saint Paul, Dalton then Lucas.
But the million dollar question is this: “ Does last years JFK team beat this years JFK team? And who’s going to answer that in front of Cam & Likens?” Because somebody(s) got better this year.

Now we’re stirring the stew!

How do you predict Harbins from week to week? I admittedly don't know enough about this - don't they theoretically change each week based on the W/L of the teams you've played? Dalton for example - their 2 losses are to 9-0 Garaway and 9-0 Ridgewood who play each other this week. I would think that game will have zero effect on Harbins right? With one team winning and one losing, and both being in the same higher division than Dalton...the game is a wash in terms of points
Now that I've got my ignorance out of the way.....I like Dalton in this region because I believe they very likely have the 2 best athletes in the region.

In addition...one can't resist pouring gasoline on a fire.....so go ahead and give me the Bulldogs over the Bobcats and I think the 14 points being discussed earlier is Vegas style spot on for the spread...so let's set the spread at 13.5 and I'll take Dalton and lay the points. 42-28 Dalton. Hubbard beat them 48-28, they had trouble containing the RB from Hubbard....think they'll have similar problems this Friday.
(someone alert freezing cold takes on Twitter in case this doesn't age well :ROFLMAO:)
Norwayne is getting 13 1/2 points!?!? I’m sweating… WHOMST IS HOLDING THE BAG??? ???

But the million dollar question is this: “ Does last years JFK team beat this years JFK team? And who’s going to answer that in front of Cam & Likens?” Because somebody(s) got better this year.

Now we’re stirring the stew!
Last years team was better overall. This years team is experienced up front on both sides and players like Valent have gotten better. Defensively the front 7 is better than last year but its basically the same kids. The DBs aren't nearly as good. Last years team wins.

That Hubbard comment is a true statement. However, as good at the 2 dudes are (Schlabach is a BEAST at D7 level) that Dalton has 1) neither one of those dudes is TC Caffey and 2) Dalton has a good line, I would argue Norwayne's is better and it's been proven Hubbards is better than theirs.

I will also ignore the fact you equated what a top 4 seeded D3 school did at home with what Dalton can do on the road. ; )

My thoughts exactly…

Caffey’s highlight reel made my jaw drop. He’s BCS program ready hence the multiple standing offers and free trip to Columbus?

Have seen this here & there with the top teams in this region this year. Like to see all of them healthy and putting it together. R25 should be competing for a state title…in my opinion. ?‍♂️

Have seen this here & there with the top teams in this region this year. Like to see all of them healthy and putting it together. R25 should be competing for a state title…in my opinion. ?‍♂️
I will say that D7R25 is one of the most entertaining NE Ohio threads. Dabble in several league & other regions, but most of that is not near as entertaining or informative.

As for R25 competing for state title I think it will be the MOST competitive region, but wouldn't put anyone from here in top 4 best odds to win. Newark CC/Shadyside are the likely Semi matchup and then the survivor of the Lima CC & MSML regions. But, like every year, someone's going to get hot and everything will click and then we'll all be looking around saying "How did McComb win this thing with like 20 kids on the team?"

I will say that D7R25 is one of the most entertaining NE Ohio threads. Dabble in several league & other regions, but most of that is not near as entertaining or informative.

As for R25 competing for state title I think it will be the MOST competitive region, but wouldn't put anyone from here in top 4 best odds to win. Newark CC/Shadyside are the likely Semi matchup and then the survivor of the Lima CC & MSML regions. But, like every year, someone's going to get hot and everything will click and then we'll all be looking around saying "How did McComb win this thing with like 20 kids on the team?"
Shadyside is a pretender in that region. NC is the team to beat hands down.

Just wait till Jaws and I get going. ?

Fair. Certainly see a path there though…

NC is a great team. Seemingly well coached and balanced. My concern is the geographical scheduling. (Head to head Lucas put the clamps on Fort)

Lima CC has underwhelmed to a degree. Should be an offensive juggernaut.

Yeah. Where you at Rittman? Looking at you too Strasbrug…

Dalton is very athletic. If their line plays physical they'll be in the regional final if the bracket goes right. Kennedy is very similar athletically but i would give the edge to the Eagles on the line of scrimmage.
Based on what I have seen and heard, I would agree with this 100%.

Fair. Certainly see a path there though…

NC is a great team. Seemingly well coached and balanced. My concern is the geographical scheduling. (Head to head Lucas put the clamps on Fort)

Lima CC has underwhelmed to a degree. Should be an offensive juggernaut.
You said it, not me. :ROFLMAO: I do agree though.

Last edited:
Dalton did not win against Norwayne in Creston last season.
They won in 2017 and 2019. Both game were in Creston. We played up there last year because of only playing 6 games. Each team had 3 home games. It was Dalton's year to have 4 home league games last year. In order for us to play Norwayne we had to move our home game against them up to Norwayne.

Last edited:
TC Caffey - never heard of her....
Bigger yes, better, debatable - I like to think size doesn't matter, its more about the motion of the ocean?!

Dalton > Hubbard

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry I had to - this post is for pure entertainment purposes only

Last edited:
I was shocked to see Windham get shut out by Fairport Harding. Then almost equally shocked to see them get running clocked by Mathews. It just cant be the same personnel as earlier in the year. Already another small school with low numbers. They dont need to face the likes of Dalton or St Paul

TC Caffey - never heard of her....

Bigger yes, better, debatable - I like to think size doesn't matter, its more about the motion of the ocean?!

Dalton > Hubbard

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sorry I had to - this post is for pure entertainment purposes only

I know you're joking but check Caffey out. One of the best players in all of Ohio. 2nd nationally in rushing yards, 2nd nationally in touchdowns. Only player in America in the top 5 of both categories.

Norwayne has some studs. Well coached as well. They had a tough task trying to stop Caffey week 1 of his senior season. I definitely think Norwayne can make some noise in this region.

The Firelands Conference has 5 teams in the top 16. (St Paul, Plymouth, Mapleton, South Central, Monroeville) With St Paul playing Monroeville on Saturday, it could cause a late shuffle of several teams' rankings from that one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.