The Official 2021 EBC football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similarly the PAC-7 has shifted west. The original members were Manchester, Coventry, Tuslaw, Fairless, East Canton, Sandy Valley and Tusky Valley.

Once again, much of the league was accessed via I-77.

Now the league is Fariless, Tuslaw, Manchester, CVCA, Orrville, Triway and Northwest with Canton South to join Still a little bit of I-77 in the league but mainly a route 30 west of Canton league.

Let's go with:

Salem 34
Carrollton 27

West Branch 40
Alliance 34

Canton South 48
Minerva 14

New Philadelphia 38
Marlington 20
Not so fast……
Salem 28
Carrollton 34
The Warriors will bounce back and have a great game!

West Branch 48
Alliance 20
West Branch is the real deal. They are a really good football team.

Canton South 45
Minerva 6

New Philadelphia 35
Marlington 14

Not so fast……
Salem 28
Carrollton 34
The Warriors will bounce back and have a great game!

West Branch 48
Alliance 20
West Branch is the real deal. They are a really good football team.

Canton South 45
Minerva 6

New Philadelphia 35
Marlington 14
These were some accurate picks..

Sounds like the Carrollton- Salem game was an amazing game, came down do the last 2 point conversion with 0:00 time on when clock. The Quakers have a strong team but could realistically close the season with a 3 game losing streak and 6-4 record. Is the pressure on Johnson?

Not a lot a talk about coach T at Carrollton but he definitely resurrected that program- I think the only coach in the league with a state championship under his belt.

Alliance is an up and coming team but West Branch had 50 at halftime. And I think West Branch has a lot returning in 2022. It looks like a dynasty may be back, look forward to see if they can win a few games in eye playoffs.

It’s shame South is leaving because they are starting to build a consistent program.

Minerva’s program needs a complete overhaul. For a program that has a very good youth feeder program the varsity team should not be this bad every single year. South did not play their best game and still won 55-0. I heard last night that our youth teams are loaded but we hear that every year. Not disrespect to the coaches and the kids on the field last night deserve all of the praise in the world. But the administration needs to flip this thing upside down.

Great effort by Marlington hanging with new philly last night. Definitely a team that Carrollton cannot look past next week.

Canton South at Salem. This should be another great game. Salem showed a lot of fight last week and paying at home. Salem over South in close one, 34-30.

Marlington at Carrollton. Marlington played New Philly tough last week and keep improving but Carrollton is really good football team. Carrollton 35-14.

Minerva at West Branch. I believe Minerva has close to 30 turnovers, including 20 interceptions in their spread offense. The last time Minerva played at west Branch they broke a 44 game losing streak. The #4 ranked team in rhe state remembers that and there won’t be a let down. WB 63-0.

Louisville at Alliance. Will Louisville be ready to play to avoid and 0-10 season? It may not matter because Alliance will be a tough match up- alliance over the leps 35-14.

Minerva is no longer a football school and may never be again if changes are not made immediately after the season. A new AD came in a few years ago stating that he was going to turn the program around like he did at his previous jobs. Now he is a principal and there is a new AD, which happened with very little news about it. We brought in a new head coach a few years ago to breathe fresh life into the program only to find out he has ties with some of the administration, there is always and angle in the hiring process. Some people in Minerva do not want to hear this but kids are treated differently in certain sports because of who they are and it has a negative impact. Kids either stop playing a sport or transfer because of it. Minerva does have some very good programs like wrestling, boys and girls CC and track and soccer isn't too bad. There is no reason football should have been this bad for this long.

There are some very good teams at the younger levels with good numbers. The administration needs to move quickly and bring in a coach that will keep those kids playing and have some success at the high school level. I am not saying the current coach is a bad guy and a bad coach but he is not right guy for this team. Most of the people in MIneva don't even know who his is and community involvement is so important, Unfortunately next year will not be any better than this year with very little talent in the sophomore and junior classes. But there is pontential in the pipeline and we need someone that will not lose those kids.

Minerva is no longer a football school and may never be again if changes are not made immediately after the season. A new AD came in a few years ago stating that he was going to turn the program around like he did at his previous jobs. Now he is a principal and there is a new AD, which happened with very little news about it. We brought in a new head coach a few years ago to breathe fresh life into the program only to find out he has ties with some of the administration, there is always and angle in the hiring process. Some people in Minerva do not want to hear this but kids are treated differently in certain sports because of who they are and it has a negative impact. Kids either stop playing a sport or transfer because of it. Minerva does have some very good programs like wrestling, boys and girls CC and track and soccer isn't too bad. There is no reason football should have been this bad for this long.

There are some very good teams at the younger levels with good numbers. The administration needs to move quickly and bring in a coach that will keep those kids playing and have some success at the high school level. I am not saying the current coach is a bad guy and a bad coach but he is not right guy for this team. Most of the people in MIneva don't even know who his is and community involvement is so important, Unfortunately next year will not be any better than this year with very little talent in the sophomore and junior classes. But there is pontential in the pipeline and we need someone that will not lose those kids.
I remember when the Current Junior class in Minerva was the team to beat! And people said the same things about them! Not naming any kids names but choose not to play before even hitting middle school. Plays other sports.
The question is why they don’t want to play the most popular sport at any other school? This should be alarming to the community!

Canton South at Salem. This should be another great game. Salem showed a lot of fight last week and paying at home. Salem over South in close one, 34-30.

Marlington at Carrollton. Marlington played New Philly tough last week and keep improving but Carrollton is really good football team. Carrollton 35-14.

Minerva at West Branch. I believe Minerva has close to 30 turnovers, including 20 interceptions in their spread offense. The last time Minerva played at west Branch they broke a 44 game losing streak. The #4 ranked team in rhe state remembers that and there won’t be a let down. WB 63-0.

Louisville at Alliance. Will Louisville be ready to play to avoid and 0-10 season? It may not matter because Alliance will be a tough match up- alliance over the leps 35-14.
I like the picks over all. I truly believe that Canton South could beat Salem but since it’s being played in Salem I will agree on that one and it should be a close game.
All the other games I feel that you picked very accurately.
Also I feel that Minerva by far the worse team In the league has the toughest non-conference schedule. They ought to try scheduling an easier schedule until they sort out there issues!

I like the picks over all. I truly believe that Canton South could beat Salem but since it’s being played in Salem I will agree on that one and it should be a close game.
All the other games I feel that you picked very accurately.
Also I feel that Minerva by far the worse team In the league has the toughest non-conference schedule. They ought to try scheduling an easier schedule until they sort out there issues!
I hate to disagree with you man but Minerva did not play a tough non conference schedule they played a few teams that just play weak conference schedules.

I remember when the Current Junior class in Minerva was the team to beat! And people said the same things about them! Not naming any kids names but choose not to play before even hitting middle school. Plays other sports.
The question is why they don’t want to play the most popular sport at any other school? This should be alarming to the community!
The junior class was very good and huge, the offensive line would probably average 270 if all of those kids kept playing. Also had one of the fastest and most athletic kids on the conference who decided sports wasn’t for him. He is a great kid that would be an incredible dual threat QB or running back, potential 1000 point scorer in basketball and potential state qualifier in track. The senior class always had good numbers too. I do agree with minfan, changes need to happen immediately to start turning it around.

Last edited:
I hate to disagree with you man but Minerva did not play a tough non conference schedule they played a few teams that just play weak conference schedules.
You may be right but they non conference opponents do have a combined record of 25-6 but alliance is harder non conference schedule.

I don't want to turn this into a Minerva thread because there a so many good things happening.
  • West Branch is back and earned their #4 ranking. Harris overhauled the offense after a rough 1st year and since has only lost to a loaded Ursiline team 38-31 and CVCA 58-55. They have yet to have a close EBC game since 2019. Nobody picked them to be near this good.
  • Carrrollton is having a great year and seem to be building a very good program and made a great hire a few years ago. Tsilimos was the right hire and really build a Carrollton type touch-hardnosed team.
  • Canton Soutth certainly isn't limping out of the EBC in their last year. Dennison and the Wildcats will have a lot of success in the PAC.
  • Alliance is super young and will be scary the next couple of years. Goodman seems to be the right coach and may be the to beat in the next few years.
  • I know Marlington fans we disappointed for a while but they we not supposed to be good last year or this year. After getting blown out by 2 state ranked and undefeated team they started to get better every week. I don't think they will win the next 2 games but have somethingto build on.
  • Salem is pretty young and a good football team. I have them beating Sought this week but that could go either way. They really could end the seaon with a 3 game losing streak.
  • Minerva's program is worse now than it was 3 years ago. Minerva fans thought the seasons of 2020, 21 and 22 were going to be the big tournaround based on those classes when they were coming up. but most of kids quit and now we have one of the worst programs in the state. Curently there are a lot of very good youth teams and the great athletes in grades 7/8. We need leadership to get these kids to love football again. I don't think Hundley is the answer unless he decides to change and be more involved with the community.

Weak conference schedules? Sandy Valley is in one of the best conferences around with three really, really good teams. The PAC is a good conference as well.

Weak conference schedules? Sandy Valley is in one of the best conferences around with three really, really good teams. The PAC is a good conference as well.
I kinda see where Warriorviking is coming from and the schedule is actually right for Minerva. it just so happens that United is now 6-1, Sandy Valley does have 3 losses to undefeated Fairless in OT, traditional power Indian Valley and 8-0 ridgewood. Beaver local started 0-2 and is now 6-2, Southeast is 8-0 and just handled state power Mogadore. All of those teams will likely be in the playoffs. However to score less than 5 ppg and give up more than 50 ppg is an issue.

Im not saying their conference schedule is weak by any means. I just dont think its anywhere as strong as the teams theyve played schedule makes it appear. By all means United and Beaver both play in weam conferences. Sandy is a decent team but lose to the good teams in their conference. Southeast did beat a normal power in Mogadore but this is a Mogadore team thats not as good as normal and is 2 divisions down from Minerva. By all means Im not discrediting Minervas schedule by any means its a good nonconference schedule. I did not mean to step on anyones feet or irritate anyone. I would like to see Minerva become at least an average EBC team again.

I kinda see where Warriorviking is coming from and the schedule is actually right for Minerva. it just so happens that United is now 6-1, Sandy Valley does have 3 losses to undefeated Fairless in OT, traditional power Indian Valley and 8-0 ridgewood. Beaver local started 0-2 and is now 6-2, Southeast is 8-0 and just handled state power Mogadore. All of those teams will likely be in the playoffs. However to score less than 5 ppg and give up more than 50 ppg is an issue.
I can't speak about United or Beaver Local but having Sandy Valley and Fairless on the schedule is going to be losses for several years to come. Both programs are in very good places right now and their schools are invested in being successful in football.

There are other schools in the IVC and PAC that would be much better fits for where the Lions are as a program.

Im not saying their conference schedule is weak by any means. I just dont think its anywhere as strong as the teams theyve played schedule makes it appear. By all means United and Beaver both play in weam conferences. Sandy is a decent team but lose to the good teams in their conference. Southeast did beat a normal power in Mogadore but this is a Mogadore team thats not as good as normal and is 2 divisions down from Minerva. By all means Im not discrediting Minervas schedule by any means its a good nonconference schedule. I did not mean to step on anyones feet or irritate anyone. I would like to see Minerva become at least an average EBC team again.
I agree. There is no reason a D4 team should be getting beat by 50 to those teams. They are all having good years but the schedule is good for Minerva. When United beat us around 2017 it was the first time since 1972.. The schedule is good and I don't think you can make it any better.

I can't speak about United or Beaver Local but having Sandy Valley and Fairless on the schedule is going to be losses for several years to come. Both programs are in very good places right now and their schools are invested in being successful in football.

There are other schools in the IVC and PAC that would be much better fits for where the Lions are as a program.
We destroy Sandy at the middle school level but they get better and we don't. We don't play Fairless, we play Southeast who is loaded but most years we should be ok. Beaver Local was loaded last year but had a bunch of starters with Covid so didn't finish well. they do play a week schedule but would be a nice addition to the EBC, they have has some nice teams in recent years. No way United should beat us like they did this year. We beat them last year and should have the year before too.

I just think you are underrating the teams Sandy is losing to in the IVC. The IVC South is a really good league at the top. They aren't losing to slouches. Also, Sandy is really invested in becoming a top team in that league and they have some real talent coming up through the program.

Fairless plays in a really good league as well. The PAC won a state title a few years ago and the top of the PAC is better than the top of the EBC.

So what Minerva is really doing with Sandy Valley and Fairless is adding two more teams that would finish in the top half of the EBC when the Lions can't compete at all in the EBC. It's basically like playing Salem and Carrollton again.

They'd be much better off scheduling down if they want to find a way to compete for wins.

So here's an example. If I was the Minerva AD I would be on the phone tomorrow about playing Claymont. Claymont plays Canton South in week 2 and is not going to compete with them. Minerva plays Sandy Valley in week 2 and is not going to compete with them.

Claymont and Minerva are about the same size. Claymont and Minerva's programs are in the same state and Claymont and Minerva actually have some history together. So let's matchup Claymont and Minerva in week 2. That's a game that would be good for both teams.

Another good possibility to replace Sandy Valley would be Tuslaw. That's a program that is struggling with no signs of a turn around.

I'm not sure why I got confused about Fairless. For some reason I thought Minerva played them this year.

Last edited:
In all honesty I believe Minerva needs to have a schedule of like Claymont, Buckeye Local, St Thomas Aquinas, and maybe 2 ok schools just to get some confidence and momentum into their program. As a Carrollton grad from the 90s even Im ready to see the Minerva program not be a car wreck. The best of luck to the future of that program and all the respect in the world to the kids who have stuck to it through not just this year but the previous few years.

I don't want to turn this into a Minerva thread because there a so many good things happening.
  • West Branch is back and earned their #4 ranking. Harris overhauled the offense after a rough 1st year and since has only lost to a loaded Ursiline team 38-31 and CVCA 58-55. They have yet to have a close EBC game since 2019. Nobody picked them to be near this good.
  • Carrrollton is having a great year and seem to be building a very good program and made a great hire a few years ago. Tsilimos was the right hire and really build a Carrollton type touch-hardnosed team.
  • Canton Soutth certainly isn't limping out of the EBC in their last year. Dennison and the Wildcats will have a lot of success in the PAC.
  • Alliance is super young and will be scary the next couple of years. Goodman seems to be the right coach and may be the to beat in the next few years.
  • I know Marlington fans we disappointed for a while but they we not supposed to be good last year or this year. After getting blown out by 2 state ranked and undefeated team they started to get better every week. I don't think they will win the next 2 games but have somethingto build on.
  • Salem is pretty young and a good football team. I have them beating Sought this week but that could go either way. They really could end the seaon with a 3 game losing streak.
  • Minerva's program is worse now than it was 3 years ago. Minerva fans thought the seasons of 2020, 21 and 22 were going to be the big tournaround based on those classes when they were coming up. but most of kids quit and now we have one of the worst programs in the state. Curently there are a lot of very good youth teams and the great athletes in grades 7/8. We need leadership to get these kids to love football again. I don't think Hundley is the answer unless he decides to change and be more involved with the community.
Your right the EBC has a lot going for it! I feel that in other sports Minerva brings a lot to the table also! It’s all together a good league!

West Branch (How ever many they want)
Minerva 0

Canton South 35
Salem 28

Carrollton 34
Marlington 21

Alliance 27
Louisville 21

Status
Not open for further replies.