MVAC 2021

This is why it’s on the league. Should have flipped weeks. Now the valley has Ridge and Howland without a game. The same stuff is gonna happen week 10 when several more teams need to find a game in the MVAC.
I understand the logic in flipping but if I was Springfield I would have said no way too. After their success the last few years very few teams in division 5, 6 or 7 would want to play them especially with little time to prepare. I'm sure Howland would have been happy to play but they are out of Springfield's league, that is a recipe for injuries for the Tigers.

This is why it’s on the league. Should have flipped weeks. Now the valley has Ridge and Howland without a game. The same stuff is gonna happen week 10 when several more teams need to find a game in the MVAC.
I 100% do not blame the league for not flipping weeks. Why affect other schools for issues out of their control? Sorry, but two teams not playing this week is not that bad. I feel for Ridge not having a homecoming game, but stuff happens. Week 10 isn’t next week, either. It’s honestly not that big of a deal.

I understand the logic in flipping but if I was Springfield I would have said no way too. After their success the last few years very few teams in division 5, 6 or 7 would want to play them especially with little time to prepare. I'm sure Howland would have been happy to play but they are out of Springfield's league, that is a recipe for injuries for the Tigers.
I disagree that Howland is out of Springfield's league, in fact I'd probably slightly favor Springfield in that game. Howland is decent, but they did only beat Niles 6-0 and they played JFK last year and won by 10.

Admittedly I have not seen Howland play. I heard they are big upfront though and Springfield is solid up front but they are thin, they could not afford to lose any lineman to injury. You gentleman might be right that Springfield could compete. It would certainly give them a chance to pass the teams ahead of them by Harbin points in the region for what that's worth. I also know it's Springfield's homecoming week and with all the distractions that come with that their coach may have decided that keeping Waterloo was in his teams best interest. Either way I guess its a done deal now.

Admittedly I have not seen Howland play. I heard they are big upfront though and Springfield is solid up front but they are thin, they could not afford to lose any lineman to injury. You gentleman might be right that Springfield could compete. It would certainly give them a chance to pass the teams ahead of them by Harbin points in the region for what that's worth. I also know it's Springfield's homecoming week and with all the distractions that come with that their coach may have decided that keeping Waterloo was in his teams best interest. Either way I guess its a done deal now.
I heard that this is Howland’s homecoming week as well, so I don’t think this game would’ve happened anyways.

I heard that this is Howland’s homecoming week as well, so I don’t think this game would’ve happened anyways.
Yeah heard thats why Howland and Aurora didn't happen. Also though heard Howland said no to hosting Farrell.

Anyway, on to MVAC, Lowellville-WR tonight will be interesting and playing for 2nd place in the league. There are also some playoff implications on the line here as it pertains to seeding, both should be solidly into the top 16 as seasons end:

Speaking of playoffs, just looking around at Joe eitel this is a rough estimate I am getting. Unofotunately no Fantastic50 again this year:
-Springfield in and top 4 seed as they finish 9-1
-Lowellville and WR in and seeding highly dependent on their game tonight
-McDonald beat Lowellville and get to 5-4 will be in for sure. 4-5 and they'll be bubble but more likely than not in.
-Ridge at 4-5 looks like they will be a bubble to get into the top 16.

The winner of the Waterloo-Milton game next week could have an outside shot if they pull another upset.

Sebring I don't see a path for.

Yeah heard thats why Howland and Aurora didn't happen. Also though heard Howland said no to hosting Farrell.
Howland said no to hosting Farrell?? I honestly do not think Howland would be willing to play Springfield because of the good possibility of them losing.

Have the Covid issues at McDonald improved at all?

Last edited:
Howland said no to hosting Farrell?? I honestly do not think Howland would be willing to play Springfield because of the good chan of them losing.

Have the Covid issues at McDonald improved at all?
That’s what Farrell people are saying on the interwebs.

I haven’t heard anything so I’d assume no news is good news as it was stated when this weeks game was canceled that the team would be in action next week at Lowellville.

Saw WR went up 22-7 and stopped paying attention to it as I figured WR would cruise. Good on the Rockets to claw back into it.

Saw WR went up 22-7 and stopped paying attention to it as I figured WR would cruise. Good on the Rockets to claw back into it.
Lowellville should have kicked a field goal on their second to last score of the game to make it 28-22, but they didn't, went for two at the end and obviously failed. Reserve had a lot of penalties on their end, and they honestly kept Lowellville in the game, but Ill give the Rockets some credit for coming back.

Lowellville should have kicked a field goal on their second to last score of the game to make it 28-22, but they didn't, went for two at the end and obviously failed. Reserve had a lot of penalties on their end, and they honestly kept Lowellville in the game, but Ill give the Rockets some credit for coming back.
Yeah a couple big runs called back tonight for the Blue Devils. Long run would have put WR up 34/36 to 15. Instead a fumble a few plays later nearly changed the game. Three big fumbles tonight kept Lowellville in it. #5 and #3 are the real deal though. David Altiere continues to be amazing. He had to be close to 300 tonight on the ground.
Can someone explain to me, WR kneeled the clock out out of the gun tonight. I don’t remember ever seeing that before. Is that something other teams do and if not, what is the reason for doing so?

Yeah a couple big runs called back tonight for the Blue Devils. Long run would have put WR up 34/36 to 15. Instead a fumble a few plays later nearly changed the game. Three big fumbles tonight kept Lowellville in it. #5 and #3 are the real deal though. David Altiere continues to be amazing. He had to be close to 300 tonight on the ground.
Can someone explain to me, WR kneeled the clock out out of the gun tonight. I don’t remember ever seeing that before. Is that something other teams do and if not, what is the reason for doing so?
I've seen plenty of teams go in the gun to take a knee. I'm guessing because the center is used to snapping to a QB in the gun as opposed to the traditional QB under center. Dont want to risk a fumble during the exchange when it's something they rarely, if ever practice- let alone something they rarely if ever do in an actual game.

I actually prefer taking knee’s out of the gun, especially if you’re a team that runs mostly out of the gun. A fumbled snap under center and it’s instantly a scrum. Knee’ing out of the gun (most team I’ve seen is more like the pistol) kind of alleviates that.

I’m not sure why the Rockets went for two at the end of the game. Kick the extra point and go to overtime. You were at home. Unless they felt they truly had no chance to stop the devils

I've seen plenty of teams go in the gun to take a knee. I'm guessing because the center is used to snapping to a QB in the gun as opposed to the traditional QB under center. Dont want to risk a fumble during the exchange when it's something they rarely, if ever practice- let alone something they rarely if ever do in an actual game.
That makes sense, WR is usually in the gun a lot. That was the first game they were under center the whole game.

I’m not sure why the Rockets went for two at the end of the game. Kick the extra point and go to overtime. You were at home. Unless they felt they truly had no chance to stop the devils
I don’t think they felt they could stop Altiere. Blue Devils were on their side of the field all night and turnovers let the Rockets in it

I give the Rockets props for continuing to fight the entire game. No doubt turnovers played a huge role in their comeback but they could have easily packed it in during the first half. The Blue Devils are gaining momentum and other players besides Altiere are beginning to have an impact. He is a beast who should only get better. Looking forward to the Springfield game.

I give the Rockets props for continuing to fight the entire game. No doubt turnovers played a huge role in their comeback but they could have easily packed it in during the first half. The Blue Devils are gaining momentum and other players besides Altiere are beginning to have an impact. He is a beast who should only get better. Looking forward to the Springfield game.
Reserve has improved throughout the season but Springfield will running clock them this week.

Any word on QB1 for Crestview? he wasnt on the field at all last night. Crestview is a completely different team with him at the helm.

Hoping Altiere is resting up today, 37 for 264 last night….

Week 7 scoreboard:
Springfield- 51
Waterloo- 0

Western Reserve- 28
Lowellville- 27

Scarlet Standings:
T1. Springfield 4-0 6-1
T1. Western Reserve 4-0 4-3
3. McDonald 2-1 2-4
4. Lowellville 2-2 5-2
5. Jackson-Milton 1-2 2-4
6. Waterloo 1-3 2-5